By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92
JWeinCom said:
As a neutral party (Nintendo faithful) my interest in the Unreal Demo was just to see what Unreal 5 could do and to get a general sense of next gen hardware. I'm assuming it will run at least as well on series X so it didn't sway me in one way or the other in that regard.

On the regard of the UE5 running as well on XSX most of the titles show on the XSX reveal also would be running well on PS5. So it is more like have the marketing moved to one side or another on these 2 events?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well everyone has a different preference on what they want to see but I personally wanted to see a glimpse of next gen instead of all the cross gen stuff which the xbox event showcased.

You are correct about Hellblade II though but the OP is comparing something else which is what I responded to... Not sure about the rest of your comments though loll.

Xbox event had next gen exclusive stuff. Just seems weird to downplay in engine and gameplay footage from real actual games while propping up gameplay from a literal tech demo. 

The rest of my comment was directed at the OP and his make believe narrative that Sony is losing the PR battle with PS5 or that it even matters.

It's not next-gen exclusive stuff when just about everything is shown is coming to PS4 and Xbox One as well. Some of the stuff they showed is out on PC. Bright Memory is on PC now and janky as hell...and it's coming to PS4/XBO. I pre-ordered Scarlet Nexus on PS4. Scorn has been in dev hell for about 6 years or so. Everything else just about coming to current-gen systems. All Xbox did was convince me I can keep my PS4 and have no reason to jump to XSX with that lineup.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:
As a neutral party (Nintendo faithful) my interest in the Unreal Demo was just to see what Unreal 5 could do and to get a general sense of next gen hardware. I'm assuming it will run at least as well on series X so it didn't sway me in one way or the other in that regard.

On the regard of the UE5 running as well on XSX most of the titles show on the XSX reveal also would be running well on PS5. So it is more like have the marketing moved to one side or another on these 2 events?

The XSX didn't due much for me either in that regard because they were multiplatform games.

Same principle applies.  Unless either side is showing something that is exclusive or at least is somehow better on their system, I don't see why it would sway my decision.  But I think there may have been a couple of exclusives on there (Scarlett whatever might be I think?) so I guess maybe they get points for that.

I can see why people may be more hyped for the next generation in general based on the presentation.  But anyone who is claiming that either of those presentations really made a difference probably had already made up their minds anyway.

Tech demo lol

JWeinCom said:
DonFerrari said:

The XSX didn't due much for me either in that regard because they were multiplatform games.

Same principle applies.  Unless either side is showing something that is exclusive or at least is somehow better on their system, I don't see why it would sway my decision.  But I think there may have been a couple of exclusives on there (Scarlett whatever might be I think?) so I guess maybe they get points for that.

I can see why people may be more hyped for the next generation in general based on the presentation.  But anyone who is claiming that either of those presentations really made a difference probably had already made up their minds anyway.

Scarlet is not exclusive. You can pre-order it now for PS4. That's not a typo. PS4.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

Scarlet is not exclusive. You can pre-order it now for PS4. That's not a typo. PS4.

Then I stand corrected.

JWeinCom said:
Leynos said:

Then I stand corrected.

Medium is the one that is going to be exclusive to Series X, and Scorn is going to be exclusive to Xbox famiy and PC.

pikashoe said:
Well the Xbox reveal showed games that are actually coming out vs the unreal 5 demo that didn't. So the Xbox reveal automatically wins. The unreal demo had more wow factor but isn't likely to be a good indicator of what to realistically expect from these consoles.

---

None of the games shown are xbsx exclusive and pretty much all of them will come to the PS5 as well. Also there was hardly any game footage while the unreal 5 demo ran real time on PS5 so technically speaking, a game like this is very much doable on it. Possibly on xbsx too but this is not about the raw power because the opposite is also true, anything the xbsx can do, ps5 can do it as well.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Call me old fashioned but I'm not really impressed by some midrange hardware running a highly optimized tech demo at 1440p and subpar fps. I have yet to see any games that would make me want to buy either console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Soundwave said:

Who cares, the XBox SX will run the same demo at likely higher performance.

[The PS5] puts a vast amount of flash memory very, very close to the processor,” says Sweeney. “So much that it really fundamentally changes the trade-offs that games can make and stream in. And that’s absolutely critical to this kind of demo,” Sweeney explained.
“This is not just a whole lot of polygons and memory. It’s also a lot of polygons being loaded every frame as you walk around through the environment and this sort of detail you don’t see in the world would absolutely not be possible at any scale without these breakthroughs that Sony’s made.”
https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-ssd-breakthrough-beats-high-end-pc?sf122295089=1

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 14 May 2020