By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92
Cobretti2 said:
At the end of the day, most of us are 10 years older on avg since the PS360 wars, shouldn't we all be mature enough now with better paying jobs to just afford them both and not worry about the minor things on who did what better?

In the end they will both have great exclusives. It is whether you want to enjoy them all or pick a virtual side.

No cause some of us need to buy necessities like Lube

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I liked Sony's one better cause it actually showed some gameplay instead of "In Engine"

But neither will be truly worth the fap until they show case their first party games.

Gameplay of a tech demo vs gameplay and in engine footage of games actually coming out that people can play. 

As others have said, uh the Xbox reveal was Hellblade II and in what world would a tech demo surpass actual games. Plus who is actually thinking Sony is losing market share or PR points? Is this another crapgamer/Youtuber angle?

Well everyone has a different preference on what they want to see but I personally wanted to see a glimpse of next gen instead of all the cross gen stuff which the xbox event showcased.

You are correct about Hellblade II though but the OP is comparing something else which is what I responded to... Not sure about the rest of your comments though loll.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Im all for gameplay any day

Like I said before, I think MS dropped the ball by not having this Tech demo at its event; especially considering that most of its studios actually use UE.

On the other hand, I'm sure if MS actually did show this at its event, then we would have A TON of people saying "Oh! this is just a tech demo, we need to see actual gameplay Microsoft!" You know, like they are already saying for the In-engine Hellblade trailer.

Now I'm an Xbox fan. A rather big one, actually. I haven't even watched the Xbox reveal and have no desire to. I hear it's pretty underwhelming. This Unreal demo, however, has me excited for next gen and up until now, I wasn't excited at all.

We all know Unreal 5 will be on both consoles so it's a wash. It just reminds me of Xbox 360 vs PS3. Turned out that they were on pretty even footing but Sony knew how to put out spectacular demos that made the Xbox 360 look weak by comparison. Then, a year later both systems were showing the same games at (based on trailers) the same quality.

Around the Network

I'm mostly excited about the scaling that engine provides. "Rendering one triangle per pixel essentially means that performance scales closely with resolution. "Interestingly, it does work very well with our dynamic resolution technique as well," adds Penwarden. "So, when GPU load gets high we can lower the screen resolution a bit and then we can adapt to that" This is perfect for VR, no need to cut detail manually.

SvennoJ said:

I'm mostly excited about the scaling that engine provides. "Rendering one triangle per pixel essentially means that performance scales closely with resolution. "Interestingly, it does work very well with our dynamic resolution technique as well," adds Penwarden. "So, when GPU load gets high we can lower the screen resolution a bit and then we can adapt to that" This is perfect for VR, no need to cut detail manually.

it works well for underpowered systems like the switch aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Soundwave said:

Who cares, the XBox SX will run the same demo at likely higher performance.

Maybe with pop in galore.

@ OP

Funny how people thought Sony was behind. Now we have reveals of what really matters, gameplay/games. XSX is getting ratioed and the PS5 is going viral. Who's behind?

thismeintiel said:
Soundwave said:

@ OP

Funny how people thought Sony was behind. Now we have reveals of what really matters, gameplay/games. XSX is getting ratioed and the PS5 is going viral. Who's behind?

the one thats 1440p @30fps

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

thismeintiel said:
Soundwave said:

@ OP

Have PS5 games/gameplay been shown yet?