By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92

We all know that the next gen machines will be very similar in terms of performance, this is not about that but rather the optics when it comes to marketing the new consoles. Sony has been weirdly quiet about the console itself, whereas MS has been pushing out stuff and tooting their horn. I'm willing to admit that this may have benefited MS somewhat. Sony is having additional trouble with the Last of Us Part 2 situation(although technically the game looks really good) and MS had a good opportunity to strike with their reveal show, but they kind of fumbled there, and now with the PS5 getting to showcase UE5, I feel like the momentum is shifting in Sony's favor again. Plus, we seem to be getting the official PS5 reveal soon, so it's going to be really interesting. Excitement in general is good, no?

Around the Network
chakkra said:
JWeinCom said:

Then I stand corrected.

Medium is the one that is going to be exclusive to Series X, and Scorn is going to be exclusive to Xbox famiy and PC.

Where did it say exclusive? Also Scorn has been in development hell for 6 years. The guy running that show is a prick and had a failed KS for this game. It keeps starting over. Welcom to the new Deep Down. 90s Arcade Racer and what not.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Xbox event had next gen exclusive stuff. Just seems weird to downplay in engine and gameplay footage from real actual games while propping up gameplay from a literal tech demo. 

The rest of my comment was directed at the OP and his make believe narrative that Sony is losing the PR battle with PS5 or that it even matters.

It's not next-gen exclusive stuff when just about everything is shown is coming to PS4 and Xbox One as well. Some of the stuff they showed is out on PC. Bright Memory is on PC now and janky as hell...and it's coming to PS4/XBO. I pre-ordered Scarlet Nexus on PS4. Scorn has been in dev hell for about 6 years or so. Everything else just about coming to current-gen systems. All Xbox did was convince me I can keep my PS4 and have no reason to jump to XSX with that lineup.

Never said or implied it was only next gen stuff. But there was next gen only stuff there. And idc if what they showed is coming to PS5 or PC as well. Where are you reading Bright Memory Infinite is coming to PS4? All I saw that on were Playstation fan sites. Four consoles and PC cross gen is a lot of work for one guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_Memory

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

goopy20 said:
Sony obviously did a much better job getting people fired up for next gen. Sure, it was just a tech demo but it did look like it could be an actual game specifically designed to take advantage of the ps5's hardware and it was fully playable. Even my grandma can take one look at that demo and tell it's a big leap from anything we're seeing today. It didn't need stickers like "optimized for Series X" or 4k and 120fps. The demo was build from the ground up to push the ps5 to its limits at 30fps and 1440p and that's how we're seeing that kind of leap.

Of course, they can probably get the exact same demo running on Series X if they wanted to. The problem, however, is that MS doesn't seem to be going for pushing next gen visuals, Instead, they are way more focused on multiplatform/ smart delivery graphics that'll scale up and down their family of devices. So the question isn't really if that tech demo would run on Series X, the question is if they could still do it if it also had to run on Xbox One and the average gaming pc?

How in the world could you of all people have been remotely impressed by that demo, you who have been preaching for months about how Microsoft's continuing to support Xbone would ruin their next gen games and have them offer nothing new outside of graphics. That tech demo was literally a current gen game with effects turned way up, right down to the whole "squeeze through this corridor" sequence next gen was supposed to get rid of with SSD's. Plus it's 30 frames per second and 1440p. With nothing much at all happening in the game for the hardware to handle. There were some birds or bats flying around in a scripted sequence.

Your second paragraph makes no sense. This is an engine. Of course it can scale lol

edit, apparently it was a scaling resolution and went lower than 1440p, that was simply the max.

Last edited by LudicrousSpeed - on 14 May 2020

Around the Network
Leynos said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_Memory

The only source there is one of those Playstation fansites I referenced. Not saying you're wrong, but I haven't seen that news anywhere else.

I don't know, I like to know what games I will actually be playing on a new console. Despite not showing much gameplay, at least Microsoft sat down and said: "We have this new game that is about that and that and this other new game that is about this and this". Meanwhile, Sony paid Epic Games to show their UE5 tech demo under the name of PS5, despite the fact that said demo will probably, most likely, run and look better on XSX (and obviously PC). What Epic shown was impressive, but more than make me excited by PS5, it made me excited for how much better the XSX will handle games in general.

Me being of an xbox fan and me seeing Prospero in action I think I'm now evenly fan of both of them equally , Btw prospero is my grandma last name . I dont know how I feel this much joy but PS5 and xbox Series x SSD and specs are amazing i hope they'll ditch xbox one and ps4 with there hdd 1 year from now so AAA games wont get hold back by current ps4 and xbox one hdd.

I game on all consoles and PC

LudicrousSpeed said:
goopy20 said:
Sony obviously did a much better job getting people fired up for next gen. Sure, it was just a tech demo but it did look like it could be an actual game specifically designed to take advantage of the ps5's hardware and it was fully playable. Even my grandma can take one look at that demo and tell it's a big leap from anything we're seeing today. It didn't need stickers like "optimized for Series X" or 4k and 120fps. The demo was build from the ground up to push the ps5 to its limits at 30fps and 1440p and that's how we're seeing that kind of leap.

Of course, they can probably get the exact same demo running on Series X if they wanted to. The problem, however, is that MS doesn't seem to be going for pushing next gen visuals, Instead, they are way more focused on multiplatform/ smart delivery graphics that'll scale up and down their family of devices. So the question isn't really if that tech demo would run on Series X, the question is if they could still do it if it also had to run on Xbox One and the average gaming pc?

How in the world could you of all people have been remotely impressed by that demo, you who have been preaching for months about how Microsoft's continuing to support Xbone would ruin their next gen games and have them offer nothing new outside of graphics. That tech demo was literally a current gen game with effects turned way up, right down to the whole "squeeze through this corridor" sequence next gen was supposed to get rid of with SSD's. Plus it's 30 frames per second and 1440p. With nothing much at all happening in the game for the hardware to handle. There were some birds or bats flying around in a scripted sequence.

Your second paragraph makes no sense. This is an engine. Of course it can scale lol

edit, apparently it was a scaling resolution and went lower than 1440p, that was simply the max.

How I would looove to see what you’d be saying if that tech demo had been revealed by X-Box.

It's running on PS5 in realtime!
Wow this is what I call jaw-breaking next-gen graphics. :O