Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92
HollyGamer said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I can agree with your second point until proven otherwise and I can obviously agree that 2080 mobile can't match 2080 Desktop. But I am going to wait and see before agreeing that a 2080 mobile can't match/beat a ps5 since that is no slouch... 2080 Max Q? Yea the Ps5 can beat that no doubt but mobile? I have my doubts based on how well it performs even compared to it's desktop counterparts.

Yeah, also don't forget PS5 are using RDNA 2 . RDNA 2 has gain more IPC performance then RDNA 1 (RX 5700 variant) . You need to consider that. On top of that PS5 has a lot and a lot of customization that is hard to compare directly.

You also need to check 2019 leak of PS5 dev kit "Gonzalo " benchmark that exceed RTX 2070 by far  and on the realm of RTX 2080 performance .  https://bgr.com/2019/06/26/ps5-specs-vs-ps4-benchmark-leaks-teases-massive-performance-gains/

That was using old GPU on the old devkit 

Yea I can certainly see it being faster than a 2070. It's things like Ubisoft saying AssCreed Vikings will run at a minimum of 4k 30fps on Series X and MS comparing Series X to a 2080 instead of like 2080 Ti with Gears 5 benchmark that has me doubting some of the claims when it comes to the GPU performance. Now neither of those are 100% solid obviously since we won't know how they will actually perform and look when they come out but it does give me reason to doubt.

I am not saying that ps5/Series X can't do it but I am going to need to see more upcoming games and how they perform.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
HollyGamer said:

Yeah, also don't forget PS5 are using RDNA 2 . RDNA 2 has gain more IPC performance then RDNA 1 (RX 5700 variant) . You need to consider that. On top of that PS5 has a lot and a lot of customization that is hard to compare directly.

You also need to check 2019 leak of PS5 dev kit "Gonzalo " benchmark that exceed RTX 2070 by far  and on the realm of RTX 2080 performance .  https://bgr.com/2019/06/26/ps5-specs-vs-ps4-benchmark-leaks-teases-massive-performance-gains/

That was using old GPU on the old devkit 

Yea I can certainly see it being faster than a 2070. It's things like Ubisoft saying AssCreed Vikings will run at a minimum of 4k 30fps on Series X and MS comparing Series X to a 2080 instead of like 2080 Ti with Gears 5 benchmark that has me doubting some of the claims when it comes to the GPU performance. Now neither of those are 100% solid obviously since we won't know how they will actually perform and look when they come out but it does give me reason to doubt.

I am not saying that ps5/Series X can't do it but I am going to need to see more upcoming games and how they perform.

Don't forget console API is less overhead then PC counterpart. Developer usually squish more power on console due  to its close environment nature (it's more easy to optimize on close hardware) . It means developer know the limitation of the close environment device and maximize the potential of the hardware. 

You cannot do that kind optimization and treatment  on GPU available on the market, because PC has many variation and combination run on the market, developer will not able to push that far. PC GPU usually relied on raw power instead optimization. 

That's why an equally power GPU to console  cannot directly compared, to many factor involving in the process. 

You need the same games running on the system and then compared, that also depend on the games, engines , driver etc. 

Double POST , bad Internet 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
40fps or more on a laptop
30fps on PS5
Someone please explain this gap.

If you want a solid explanation it would be best to wait till the consoles are out.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
40fps or more on a laptop
30fps on PS5
Someone please explain this gap.

Could be a bad translation. Could be because the engine is scalable, could be nobody here speaks or understands Chinese so nobody can answer you.

Don't make a big deal out of it.

Last edited by Hynad - on 17 May 2020

Around the Network

- Running in a notebook with inferior hardware he archived 40fps at 1440p.
- Lower graphics and details due the lower hardware

So people (reddit) assumed it was running at same quality/detail as PS5 demo and made the claims.

It is an opinion of someone, but it is probably so.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 17 May 2020

HollyGamer said:

RTX 2080 Max Q super is still inferior to Desktop RX 5700 XT no matter what . The amount of clock speed alone prove this, It's just an RTX 2080 with lower clock speed that match RTX 2060 performance. PS5 is way way much faster. claiming it the other way around clearly bias and spreading lie 

Never said anything to the contrary. A 2080 Max-Q can give an RX 5700 a "run for it's money". - Doesn't mean beat it.

Just this demo is "un-optimized".

HollyGamer said:

Also Unreal Engine 5 that demoed require a fast IO speed , i doubt the Laptop has such speed on it;s drive , eben it exist it will be super expensives. 

You assume the demo is using the full power of the Playstation 5 and is perfectly optimized to take advantage of all the hardware. (The proof is... It's not. It doesn't use Ray Tracing cores for example.)

The PC also needs less reliance on I/O because it has more fast Ram than consoles.

HollyGamer said:

I bet that UE 5 run on Nvidia Laptop is HOAX. 

It's a HOAX 

It's not impossible to run on that class of laptop given the level of optimization going on here. But you are right, pinch of salt and all that.

Unreal Engine tends to be really well optimized for PC's, especially PC's with nVidia hardware, nVidia does allot of driver optimizations for that particular engine and has always worked closely with EPIC, always has, even back in the Geforce FX days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

At the ending years of next gen this demo will probably look outdated compared to what the games will show us then,just like the U4 trailer compared to games coming out now.

By the way, everyone seems to have forgotten about the next gen XBOX.

Immersiveunreality said:
At the ending years of next gen this demo will probably look outdated compared to what the games will show us then,just like the U4 trailer compared to games coming out now.

You're probably right. The biggest take away is that Sony's SSD tech isn't just there for giggles and does a lot more than just shaving off a couple of seconds of loading time. It's going to be interesting to see what Sony's 1st party studios can do with it with their own propitiatory engines.