By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ps4 shipment reached 110.4mill

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Do you expect less than 10 million units?
It is necessary to reduce more than 3.6 million units to be less than 10 million units this fiscal year.

However, sales in April have already exceeded last year. 

That's just a temporary boost due to FF7R and the lockdown due  to Covid-19 pushing people buying consoles to pass time at home. Next months the sales will be down again, probably even stronger since I'm sure many who bought a console due to Covid-19 did just buy it earlier than expected instead of not at all.

What I'm trying to say is that i don't think sales of more than 3.6 million will fall.

April is already selling better than last year, so we need a 28% decrease in the future.

Certainly April was affected by FF7.
So do you think the May be more than 28% lower than last year?
It is unlikely that the decrease will be 28% from last year.
Because the effects of FF7 are still there.

And there is TLOU2 in June and tsushima in July.
In that month, ps4 will sell more or at least not much less than last year.
That means 3.6 million units will fall in the nine months except April, June and July.
On average, you'll need a 40% monthly reduction.
If TLOU2 significantly increases ps4 sales, it will need more than 45%.

Do you think it's likely to happen?

Around the Network

Sony bungled the late stage pricing of the PS4. Cutting the price so close to the PS5 launch will send mixed messages. I guess it does not matter too much since the PS4 is experiencing supply issues during coronavirus pandemic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Do you guys think the Switch has a chance to surpass the PS4 in sales? Switch is selling amazing rn but the PS4 is likely gonna sell around 125M when all said and done, a very difficult number to beat.

javi741 said:
Do you guys think the Switch has a chance to surpass the PS4 in sales? Switch is selling amazing rn but the PS4 is likely gonna sell around 125M when all said and done, a very difficult number to beat.

I don't think Switch will outsell PS4 because of the tail end will probably be smaller. But so far their trend would put it very near. Won't give more discussion on that because this thread isn't for it. There is a good one that is still active.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

javi741 said:

Nope. But Switch will probably outsell Wii, and possibly PS1. Nintendo is just so unorthodox and changing in their home console sales. Compare that to Sony, whose only fluke is the PS3. 

I think PS4 can reach 130 million, but 125 million in particular seems like a given. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Highlights :
Over $18.14B Revenue and $2.19B Profit in FY19
2nd best year ever for PlayStation
2nd biggest Revenue for any platform holder in video game history
Hardware: 13.5m PS4 sold-in during FY19
Software: 244.9m games sold-in during FY19
4th highest yearly software sales in video game history
PS4 is the only console to have 4 years with more than 200m games sold
Software digital ratio during Q4 FY19 (Jan-Mar 2020) : 66%
Highest digital ratio ever for a quarter
PlayStation generated over $108B Revenue and $8.92B Profit since PS4 release
PlayStation Network generated over $51.00B Revenue since FY13

So, like some people said in another post, Sony is Struggling??

kazuyamishima said:
Blood_Tears said:
Highlights :
Over $18.14B Revenue and $2.19B Profit in FY19
2nd best year ever for PlayStation
2nd biggest Revenue for any platform holder in video game history
Hardware: 13.5m PS4 sold-in during FY19
Software: 244.9m games sold-in during FY19
4th highest yearly software sales in video game history
PS4 is the only console to have 4 years with more than 200m games sold
Software digital ratio during Q4 FY19 (Jan-Mar 2020) : 66%
Highest digital ratio ever for a quarter
PlayStation generated over $108B Revenue and $8.92B Profit since PS4 release
PlayStation Network generated over $51.00B Revenue since FY13

Dunno, how are Sony's other branches? Some of those were struggling a lot in the past couple years if I remember correctly.

kazuyamishima said:
JRPGfan said:

500$ ps5+xsx launch price = ps4 will go over 130m.

You guys remember this thread?  "Predict When will Ps4 Outsell Wii" - 2017.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/229249/predict-when-will-ps4-outsell-wii/1/

Yeah, Switch and Xbox One X (a.k.a Scorpio) took a lot of sales from PS4

LOOOOL!

Those people always around when you don't want them,never around when you want to talk crow.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Bofferbrauer2 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Dunno, how are Sony's other branches? Some of those were struggling a lot in the past couple years if I remember correctly.

Like 5 years ago? Because the past couple years or more the other branches/departments were at most not making money, but Sony isn't bleeding anymore for quite sometime now.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Like 5 years ago? Because the past couple years or more the other branches/departments were at most not making money, but Sony isn't bleeding anymore for quite sometime now.

As 2017 (or even before), Sony was already making nice profits.

Somebody in another post commented that Sony is struggling right now, but then you put on Google: “Sony is struggling” and you will find plenty of news saying that Sony is really struggling............ trying to find the percent price for the PS5.