By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

jonathanalis said:
Yeah, i think is guaranteed PS5 will outsell xbox easily.
And MS knows that, and now doesnt care about console sales as it used to care.
They are going to sell subscription. Either gamepass or xCloud. A PC owner that plays MS games counts for them as much as a console owner. Same for a xCloud user on mobile. They are adapting.
Now, we that have to change our metrics, console marketshare doesnt mean the same as before.

Sony may go the same way, but
However, Sony reports how much money it earns in the gaming business.
MS doesn't do it, so it sounds like an excuse.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Pemalite said:

They could do a new compilation... Because the Master Chief Collection does not include Halo 5, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Halo: Spartan Strike, Halo: Spartan Assault... And they could remake Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Halo Wars, Halo: Spartan Strike, Halo: Spartan Assault.

Halo 3 and 4 weren't part of MCC? Edit: They are coming to MCC though. From the Steam page:

Includes 7 items: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4

Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Spartan Strike, and Spartan Assault? You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel there with the mobile stuff. The Wars games are decent from what I understand, but hardly worth doing a compilation IMO.

You didn't read my post properly.
I never said they weren't a part of the MCC. Because they are. (On Xbox at the moment, coming to PC soon.)

Spartan Assault was actually decent for a twin stick romp. Spartan Strike remains the only Halo game never to be on an Xbox console in any form.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

eva01beserk said:
smroadkill15 said:

Why would someone work or want to work at 343i if they didn't want to work on Halo? Come'on man. You're really reaching with this one. Same goes with the other studios.

You're right, it was Ninja Theory's idea to work on Project Mara, and so was Hellblade 2 and Bleeding Edge. MS isn't limiting these newly acquired studios to work on any particular IP besides World's Edge which was created to work on Age of Empire franchise. Do you feel this strongly with Sony Santa Monica only working on God of War? Or Sony San Diego working only on MLB The Show? Probably not because double standards are fairly common around these parts. 

Just to add to what donferrari said. Even if it was not the case that Santa monica was doing something else and got cancelled, just look at all the other studios that change ips even if they where successful. While MS tied down every single dev that hit a big one. And now there are only rumors of playground doing something else. 

I can just inmagine all the mccdonalds employees cleaning toilets just loving their jobs. What other reason could there be for them to be there earning minimum wage. 

MS has stated they want these new studios to retain their creative freedom. Nothing wrong with a mix of successful known IP's and new stuff. Nintendo has been using this formula for years, and Sony to an extent. I agree with Donferrari, but working for MS and working for McDonald's is not comparable.  

Cerebralbore101 said:
People have been talking about what new games MS might have for XB2, but they are also kind of losing games. There won't be a Sunset Overdrive Sequel, and you can only really do Halo MCC once. It's far too soon for a Halo 5 remake.

They have gained more games than they've lost with these studio acquisitions. They could do something with Gears of war and make a Marcus phoenix collection. 

smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

Just to add to what donferrari said. Even if it was not the case that Santa monica was doing something else and got cancelled, just look at all the other studios that change ips even if they where successful. While MS tied down every single dev that hit a big one. And now there are only rumors of playground doing something else. 

I can just inmagine all the mccdonalds employees cleaning toilets just loving their jobs. What other reason could there be for them to be there earning minimum wage. 

MS has stated they want these new studios to retain their creative freedom. Nothing wrong with a mix of successful known IP's and new stuff. Nintendo has been using this formula for years, and Sony to an extent. I agree with Donferrari, but working for MS and working for McDonald's is not comparable.  

what MS STATES has never been a problem (outside of the XBO launch fiasco). what they DO, however, is a completely different situation. 

If they actually keep their promises, then yeah! I could totally see myself buying into the Xbox Scarlet series One X S Scorpio (I absolutely hate their naming conventions). The problem is, what I've observed is NOT anything worthy of consideration or trust. They've done nothing to convince me to have any faith in them actually delivering on those promises. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
smroadkill15 said:

what MS STATES has never been a problem (outside of the XBO launch fiasco). what they DO, however, is a completely different situation. 

If they actually keep their promises, then yeah! I could totally see myself buying into the Xbox Scarlet series One X S Scorpio (I absolutely hate their naming conventions). The problem is, what I've observed is NOT anything worthy of consideration or trust. They've done nothing to convince me to have any faith in them actually delivering on those promises. 

That's fine. We'll just have to wait for their 1st party reveal in July to see what they got. 

smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats True. But have we seen anything of the sort yet? No, we seen small scale new games and big scale proven IP's. Dosent sound very suportive in my opinion.

Yes, nintendo does do it to. Whats your point? And again what off sony? Most of their studios change things up, even their big ones. And some of thouse have hit it big like horizon zero dawn. And after that state of play Ghost of Thsushima will also join ranks.

Thats what you took from that? That I think working for MS and Mccdonalds similar?........ok...

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

Yep, and when you said you saw that MS allow devs to transfer from one studio to another even if some studios are "forced" to do Halo, Gears and Forza with another 12 studios available to work from I would guess most of the staff in those studios are fine doing those games. Also in the end most of us employees (even creative ones) are a piece on the cog so doing Halo forever or a different game every year won't look to much different since they are just making a small part of the game. Now when we talk about the higher ups and lead creators they could get tired of that game, so they change (like Amy leaving ND).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
smroadkill15 said:

Yep, and when you said you saw that MS allow devs to transfer from one studio to another even if some studios are "forced" to do Halo, Gears and Forza with another 12 studios available to work from I would guess most of the staff in those studios are fine doing those games. Also in the end most of us employees (even creative ones) are a piece on the cog so doing Halo forever or a different game every year won't look to much different since they are just making a small part of the game. Now when we talk about the higher ups and lead creators they could get tired of that game, so they change (like Amy leaving ND).

thats not the narrative going on with ND >.>

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

thats not the narrative going on with ND >.>

No idea of what you are talking about, so if you want to enter the conversation at least make points instead of just trying to be sarcastic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."