By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

thats not the narrative going on with ND >.>

No idea of what you are talking about, so if you want to enter the conversation at least make points instead of just trying to be sarcastic.

its been what 6 years? we all know she was forced out to fit the ND agenda

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

No idea of what you are talking about, so if you want to enter the conversation at least make points instead of just trying to be sarcastic.

Sure, I can imagine how much woke and agenda filling would be to fire an empowered woman lead.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Sure, I can imagine how much woke and agenda filling would be to fire an empowered woman lead.

it is if that empowered woman doesn't follow the woke agenda
You aren't doing enough Alex Jones thinking

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Cerebralbore101 said:

People forget how much has to change for one video game company to make serious inroads to another company's share of the console market. 

You're forgetting the most important thing.

Nintendo hasn't and MS doesn't look like they're going to piss the bed this gen.

Nintendo isn't trying to get AAA 3rd parties this time yet they have achieved more quality 3rd party support than ever while combining their strengths to produce a 1st party output that Sony and MS couldn't match combined. Switch has already crushed PS4 in Japan and PS5 won't fare much better. It's not impossible that we all become as enlightened as the Japanese.

MS isn't trying to steal Nintendo's lunch this time and has beefed up their console instead and I think it's guaranteed they're going to undercut Sony in price. Whether that's $100 or $200 is yet to be seen.

Sony played on easy mode last gen. SSDs are good but they're not that good. The only certainty for next-gen is that Sony will not have the same success as the PS4.

❌ BANNED: (extensive history of trolling) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 16 May 2020

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

People forget how much has to change for one video game company to make serious inroads to another company's share of the console market. 

Nintendo hasn't and MS doesn't look like they're going to piss the bed this gen.

Nintendo isn't trying to get AAA 3rd parties this time yet they have achieved more quality 3rd party support than ever while combining their strengths to produce a 1st party output that Sony and MS couldn't match combined. Switch has already crushed PS4 in Japan and PS5 won't fare much better. It's not impossible that we all become as enlightened as the Japanese.

MS isn't trying to steal Nintendo's lunch this time and has beefed up their console instead and I think it's guaranteed they're going to undercut Sony in price. Whether that's $100 or $200 is yet to be seen.

Sony played on easy mode last gen. SSDs are good but they're not that good. The only certainty for next-gen is that Sony will not have the same success as the PS4.

Those crystal balls...

I need to get one too.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Those crystal balls...

I need to get one too.

I'll add that PC gaming didn't do much this/last gen. Steam isn't the PC darling they once were despite releasing a new Half Life game and VR in general was a dud.

The next-gen hasn't even begun but Epic are already giving away the second biggest game of the gen free to anyone who owns the biggest game of the gen.

You don't need a crystal ball to see why PS5 doesn't have the advantages the PS4 had, just common sense.

The major shifts in gaming strangely seem to coincide with changes to business models.

Nintendo has changed their separate games for portable/home business model.
MS is attempting to revolutionise gaming subscriptions and has a warchest big enough to gamble and take huge losses trying to succeed in becoming the Netflix of gaming.
Epic seems to be having a lot more success than Valve at making billions from a free-to-play online shooter so much so that their store can give away the biggest premium game of the last 2 gens for free.

Last edited by Pyro as Bill - on 15 May 2020

eva01beserk said:

Thats True. But have we seen anything of the sort yet? No, we seen small scale new games and big scale proven IP's. Dosent sound very suportive in my opinion.

Yes, nintendo does do it to. Whats your point? And again what off sony? Most of their studios change things up, even their big ones. And some of thouse have hit it big like horizon zero dawn. And after that state of play Ghost of Thsushima will also join ranks.

Thats what you took from that? That I think working for MS and Mccdonalds similar?........ok...

I'm not going to act like MS has been pumping out new big games left and right, but it's not like they haven't tried to make a big new IP. Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, Ryse, Scalebound(cancelled), Sunset Overdrive, Recore. Unfortunately Sea of Thieves is really the only successful new IP then followed by Sunset overdrive. I would say this year alone XGS will release more games than the previous 2-3 years combined with a mix of well established and new IP's. Ori 2, Bleeding edge, and Gears Tactic have already released with Minecraft Dungeons this month. Followed by a fairly steady stream of games the rest of the year. It's been a rough this whole generation for xbox, but I'm just excited they are going to be taking more risk and releasing more games. July's showcase will show more. 

I know what you meant. They are doing work because they need the money not because they actually enjoy it. I just don't think Mcdonald's was the best comparison to make. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
For thouse holding on to halo as the saving grace come November. Just remember that halo has been poorly received with each iteration after bungie left while pretty much all of sonys first party studios have been releasing ever better received games. On what are you guys basing that halo will have no equal when neither company has had their show yet? Or is waiting only efective while it's beneficial for MS?

It’s a new engine that streamlines development, 5 years in the making (instead of 3), all ready proven to learn about classic art styles, split screen, and Halo Reach armor unlock systems. Call us Halo fans cautiously optimistic. 

Real talk here, the only game that could touch Halo Infinite is LOU2, but that’s releasing soon and this won’t help much come November (by that I mean the hype will have worn off).  Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman 2, GOW 2 are all possible, but do you think they can be ready by this November? Maybe Horizon 2, MAYBE given it released in 2017 compared to the rest in 2018. But even then it’s a single player game up against a single player/multiplayer double threat.

Historically PS doesn’t launch with their best. Who still talks about Resistance and Killzone Shadowfall these days when reminiscing about old PS classics? 

This pretty much exactly. This is what I said in my earlier post and have said a couple times in different threads. And I’m a PS guy who has very little interest in XB exclusives and thus a next-gen XB.

Horizon ZD 2 is heavily rumored to be the ps5’s launch game, but idt even that could beat a proper, re-invented/game-changing Halo—which I predict Halo 6 will be. Sony would likely inarguably have the stronger launch if they would have just made TLoUp2 a ps5 launch game, but they won’t, and I thinks it’s a foolish mistake. As Sales said, Halo has never been given more than 3y of development, yet Halo 6 has been given 5 years. Also, I heard seriously not a single negative thing about Halo 5’s multiplayer. It was universally praised. The only issue was with the campaign. 343 certainly has a lot to prove on this front, but I suspect they can step it up, esp with the money of MS. XB means business now. They are a completely different division than they were 5 or so years ago. And Halo is their Mario, so if they’ve gotten so serious about building their first party portfolio otherwise, then you better believe they’re serious about doing everything they can to staff 343 sufficiently to make sure Halo 6’s campaign knocks it out of the park and avoids past mistakes.

My only caveat to Sales’ post is that Guerilla has staffed up massively, and part of that includes a multiplayer team. This is factual, tho what that team is for is technically still rumor I believe. HZD 2 is strongly rumored to have a multiplayer component, a co-op component (recent rumor), or both.

In terms of HZD 2 vs. Halo, what I didn’t mention is that Guerilla Games is a very, very different (i.e. far superior) company now compared to pre-HZD, so it would be foolish to doubt them. If they make even close to the quality jump with HZD 2 as they did from all games pre-HZD, then they could absolutely give Halo a run for its money or outdo it—especially if there are high quality multiplayer/coop modes.

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 15 May 2020

smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats True. But have we seen anything of the sort yet? No, we seen small scale new games and big scale proven IP's. Dosent sound very suportive in my opinion.

Yes, nintendo does do it to. Whats your point? And again what off sony? Most of their studios change things up, even their big ones. And some of thouse have hit it big like horizon zero dawn. And after that state of play Ghost of Thsushima will also join ranks.

Thats what you took from that? That I think working for MS and Mccdonalds similar?........ok...

I'm not going to act like MS has been pumping out new big games left and right, but it's not like they haven't tried to make a big new IP. Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, Ryse, Scalebound(cancelled), Sunset Overdrive, Recore. Unfortunately Sea of Thieves is really the only successful new IP then followed by Sunset overdrive. I would say this year alone XGS will release more games than the previous 2-3 years combined with a mix of well established and new IP's. Ori 2, Bleeding edge, and Gears Tactic have already released with Minecraft Dungeons this month. Followed by a fairly steady stream of games the rest of the year. It's been a rough this whole generation for xbox, but I'm just excited they are going to be taking more risk and releasing more games. July's showcase will show more. 

I know what you meant. They are doing work because they need the money not because they actually enjoy it. I just don't think Mcdonald's was the best comparison to make. 

Well I just want to correct that Sunset Overdrive wasn't a MS project, they just greenlit the Insomniac project. About QD, Scalebound and Recore I don't know if MS approached the dev or the other way around.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."