By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So... RIP "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" I guess?

Today, Sony unveiled something rather surprising, PlayStation Studios. The new umbrella label for first party games on the PS5. I like that Sony Interactive has enough confidence in just using PlayStation as the nickname for whole company, showing they know how strong of a brand it is. But I can't say I'm a fan of the intro they showed. It just feels too overproduced and soulless for PlayStation to me.

"Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" or "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" may have been a mouthful, but I feel like the simplicity of the plain-white text on a black background gave Sony's first party games a bit of character. It just felt more elegant than this Marvel style intro they're seemingly going with.

That said, I think if the games compromised by just having a simple "PlayStation Studios Presents" like the SCE or SIE intros of old when you boot them up. I wouldn't mind. Xbox Game Studios has a long-ass, similarly Marvel style intro Microsoft posted on YouTube, but if you played Gears 5, you know that shit doesn't actually play when you boot up the game, so hopefully, it's the same here.

Around the Network

I like it. It's simplistic and shows brand power. Either way, it's not that big of a deal.

Blood_Tears said:
I like it. It's simplistic and shows brand power. Either way, it's not that big of a deal.

The naming doesn't really bother me. I just hope this isn't what we see when we boot up a first party game. "PlayStation Studios Presents" in plain text on a black background would be much better IMO.

Well seeing as how they went the marvel route and marvel likes to do those intros at the start of every movie. It wouldn't surprise me if they put that in for every game.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheMisterManGuy said:
Blood_Tears said:

The naming doesn't really bother me. I just hope this isn't what we see when we boot up a first party game. "PlayStation Studios Presents" in plain text on a black background would be much better IMO.

That's exactly what you're going to see. That's the whole point. 

Around the Network

Not only they copied the “studios” aspect but even the animation has been done by Xbox. I mean it’s no big deal but cmon have your own identity.

https://kotaku.com/sony-copies-microsoft-creates-new-playstation-studios-1843415150/amp

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

And they said it will be used for Playstation games that are also on other platforms. That means more PC ports.

Angelus said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

That's exactly what you're going to see. That's the whole point. 

Xbox Game Studios doesn't have their long ass intro play at the start of every game though. 

Bit of a stretch to say Sony copied MS. They both just copied Marvel. And, hey, at least Sony has ties to Marvel Studios.

sales2099 said:

Not only they copied the “studios” aspect but even the animation has been done by Xbox. I mean it’s no big deal but cmon have your own identity.

https://kotaku.com/sony-copies-microsoft-creates-new-playstation-studios-1843415150/amp

Playstation Original animation, 2015