By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So... RIP "Sony Interactive Entertainment Presents" I guess?

sales2099 said:
Bristow9091 said:

If it's not a big deal why are you making such a big deal about it? The new animation is the same one from 2015 but with games inserted in it, maybe they were just waiting for their big games to hit since the majority of games shown in it are from after 2015. Also Microsoft only renamed to XBOX Game Studios last year so it's not like they've had it for a long time either. This actually sort of shows that Sony had the animation before Microsoft, so maybe it's Microsoft that copied? But who knows, it's "not a big deal" and you're not going to get riled up over people disagreeing with you, right? 

People like to pretend they are above console wars but ultimately they are even more bias then me, because at least I can call out MS for doing something odd. I find it amusing people won’t give an inch even on something as little as this. Even your explanation jumped through a couple hoops to explain it is in fact MS who copied Sony despite having the label and animation for over a year. So weird seeing in action. 

All I wanted was for someone to say “You know what, you right it is weird Sony did that but who cares”. That people can’t even acknowledge something so small ironically shows their bias. At least I am open with it, where as others are rather closeted despite having anonymous accounts. 

Or maybe it's not weird. Maybe you care a lot about getting some sort of concession in a fan-base war, but you're the only combatant in the thread.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
sales2099 said:

People like to pretend they are above console wars but ultimately they are even more bias then me, because at least I can call out MS for doing something odd. I find it amusing people won’t give an inch even on something as little as this. Even your explanation jumped through a couple hoops to explain it is in fact MS who copied Sony despite having the label and animation for over a year. So weird seeing in action. 

All I wanted was for someone to say “You know what, you right it is weird Sony did that but who cares”. That people can’t even acknowledge something so small ironically shows their bias. At least I am open with it, where as others are rather closeted despite having anonymous accounts. 

Or maybe it's not weird. Maybe you care a lot about getting some sort of concession in a fan-base war, but you're the only combatant in the thread.

Look, the twitter side by side video makes a pretty clear picture. It was the title of the Kotaku article.

If fans see that and jump through hoops to reply to me saying Sony didn’t then that’s bias. Yet people won’t admit it because it’s easier to think of ways to preserve their gamer neutrality? I just wanted those hoop jumpers to own up to a little thing. But I see there’s no takers. Duly noted :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Playstation Studios logo looks better than Xbox's, PS copied them and did it better.

shikamaru317 said:
BOLLOCKS said:
Playstation Studios logo looks better than Xbox's, PS copied them and did it better.

It's a white square with a black Playstation logo over the word Studios in a very plain font And it is ruined by the Registered trademark "R" imo.

The Xbox Game Studios logo is pretty plain as well, but it is in the classic Xbox font, which I always liked, especially the "B".

Edit: The background on the XGS logo is supposed to be white, but I could only find the logo in transparent format, so if you have VGC on dark mode this probably won't look quite right, lol

Xbox font is ugly, their logo is meh, and Playstation logo is the nike logo of the gaming industry, plus their PS Studios font is better, imo. 

Also, having a logo and a long text saying
" Xbox
Game Studios",
isn't as aesthetically pleasing as an already aesthetically pleasing logo and a single word underneath. Reminds of why Playstation got rid of

"Sony Computer This Isn't A Toy Entertainment."

Last edited by BOLLOCKS - on 13 May 2020

Around the Network

Now that I've seen the new PS studios animation a bunch of times, I feel like the old classic sony enterterinment looks better. The new one is feeling a bit cheesy in comparison.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?