By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD 2020: Switch 808k, PS4 411k, XB1 329k

are these the real US numbers that leaked?

or

are they crazy esitmates by Pachter?
(because if their just his estimates their worth nothing to me, I 'll happily take VGCs own numbers over his estmiates anyday)

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

or

(because if their just his estimates their worth nothing to me, I 'll happily take VGCs own numbers over his estmiates anyday)

Those are the numbers Pachter saw from the NPD report.

His predictions were:

Switch - 400K
PS4 - 235K
XB1 - 175K

Thanks Ryng.

Ryng said:
JRPGfan said:

or

His predictions were:

Switch - 400K
PS4 - 235K
XB1 - 175K

Patcher being around 50% right (predicted half the number) is probably the closest he have been to be right =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Ryng said:

His predictions were:

Switch - 400K
PS4 - 235K
XB1 - 175K

Patcher being around 50% right (predicted half the number) is probably the closest he have been to be right =p

I find funny PS4 numbers are higher than his Switch prediction

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
If Xbox One can sell this much given its market share, Series X has nowhere to go but up. I think taking back the US is a strong possibility. Quite possibly all of North and South America. Canada’s habits mirror the states and the brand is strong in Latin America

No, the increase in Xbox One sales were due two main reasons:

1) Xbox One X bundles were slashed to $299 (Biggest reason for increase)

2) Pandemic, but the reason 1 had more effect than this one.

kazuyamishima said:
sales2099 said:
If Xbox One can sell this much given its market share, Series X has nowhere to go but up. I think taking back the US is a strong possibility. Quite possibly all of North and South America. Canada’s habits mirror the states and the brand is strong in Latin America

Right. I’m not denying the reasons, I’m excited at the results and potential for next gen. If price is a major factor then Series S will go a long ways for the casual market. Not for me, but that’s what Series X is for.  

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

At this point the pandemic might give everyone a bigger boost than the holiday season. 7 year old systems breaking their monthly records, PS4 software breaking the all time quarter record, SW breaking the US monthly record, whats next?

TLOU II is gunna hit hard.

sales2099 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Right. I’m not denying the reasons, I’m excited at the results and potential for next gen. If price is a major factor then Series S will go a long ways for the casual market. Not for me, but that’s what Series X is for.  

It will all depends on the price and spec of Series S to not be a bad option against PS5... because if price is close and performance is to weak then it will mostly increase the value of PS5 instead of being a good budget option. I'm very excited and curious to what will be the price of the 3 systems and spec of S.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I wonder what % of Just Dance 2020's sales were the Wii version. It's still so insane to me that we got a retail release for the original Wii in late 2019.

It'd be interesting to see a platform breakdown for it. Obviously the Switch would lead but would be very keen to see how Wii compares to PS4/Xbone.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 May 2020