By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD 2020: Switch 808k, PS4 411k, XB1 329k

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well that is if we don't have JD21 for Wii next year, probably will since it sold more thna PS4 and X1.

About it being BC, they could just do a quick port and call WiiU since a lot of people wouldn't know they can buy the Wii version.

I think i recall Ubisoft saying back before the release of JD2020 that it would the last entry for Wii, a send-off of sorts. 

Wii U honestly just isn't worth bothering with in any way at this point tbh.

Yes I think WiiU not existing version have more to do with possibly most of the userbase having moved to Switch than with Wii BC.

Didn't see Ubi saying it, but they may change their mind after seeing it is still selling a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

I think i recall Ubisoft saying back before the release of JD2020 that it would the last entry for Wii, a send-off of sorts. 

Wii U honestly just isn't worth bothering with in any way at this point tbh.

I hate to say it but I bet way more people are playing the Wii than the Wii U, despite how much older the Wii is. Yes I know the Wii sold many, many, many times better than the Wii U. 

I certainly still play my Wii a lot more than my Wii U.

My Wii is still hooked up to my TV while my Wii U is packed away in a cardboard box in my bedroom cupboard.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

I hate to say it but I bet way more people are playing the Wii than the Wii U, despite how much older the Wii is. Yes I know the Wii sold many, many, many times better than the Wii U. 

My Wii is still hooked up to my TV while my Wii U is packed away in a cardboard box in my bedroom cupboard.

My Wii is still played by my son, I have some WiiU games but haven't bought the console to him yet.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Poor Wii U. Practically dead on arrival. Nintendo was NOT good at marketing the thing. I remember when they first announced it and I wasn't sure if it was an add-on for the Wii or a new console. 

Yeah a lot of folks felt the same way. Even as a diehard Nintendo fan I was disappointed by it and rank it near the bottom of their console ladder.

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

My Wii is still played by my son, I have some WiiU games but haven't bought the console to him yet.

Wii's a good console to start kids off with in my experience, stuff like Wii Sports and Mario Kart Wii are very easy to pick up and get into even for a beginner.

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah a lot of folks felt the same way. Even as a diehard Nintendo fan I was disappointed by it and rank it near the bottom of their console ladder.

Wii's a good console to start kids off with in my experience, stuff like Wii Sports and Mario Kart Wii are very easy to pick up and get into even for a beginner.

Nintendo did a great job turning things around. The Switch is the first Nintendo console I've owned since the N64 and Game Boy Color. I couldn't resist Mario Odyssey and Pokemon games on one platform.

Yeah after the Wii u I was skeptical of the Switch and didn't buy it right away, but it soon won me over with the likes of Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, and third party ports like Doom the likes of which never made their way to Wii U.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah after the Wii u I was skeptical of the Switch and didn't buy it right away, but it soon won me over with the likes of Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Splatoon 2, and third party ports like Doom the likes of which never made their way to Wii U.

Yeah, the Switch is a great console. I personally have played it docked 99% of the time. The other 1% was when I was flying to and from the UK. Mario 64 is one of my favorite games of all time, so I couldn't skip Mario Odyssey. It is the closest we've gotten to a new Mario 64 game. 

100% docked for me, and yeah I'd been waiting for a Mario 64 successor since I was a kid so Odyssey was a dream come true for me.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Poor Wii U. Practically dead on arrival. Nintendo was NOT good at marketing the thing. I remember when they first announced it and I wasn't sure if it was an add-on for the Wii or a new console. 

DonFerrari said:

I do agree, but in the case of my son is more because he likes Nintendo IPs, he already play some complex games even without being able to read. He finished half of God of War on PS4 (sure on the lowest difficult), finished Knack 1 and 2 several times, finished 4 lego games. etc;