By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD 2020: Switch 808k, PS4 411k, XB1 329k

trunkswd said:
US and the rest of Americas have been adjusted up. I'm going to take a look at Europe figures. Probably a bit low there as well.
@Chris_Dring
Console sales in the UK are up more than 48% for the first 4 months of the year, vs the same period last year. Xbox One, PS4 and Switch have all sold more units this year than last
5:26 AM · May 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

Around the Network

I've been looking at the UK market alot (it's where I live) and it still seems that for the last two or so months, nearly every dockable Switch that has reached the UK is just bought by scalpers and almost instantly put on ebay. I've been trying to track down a dockable Switch this whole time for a friend that wants one. The closest I've gotten is a Switch two months ago and being a few minutes too late yesterday to catch them as they arrived in stock at Argos. They currently still say that they have stock of the dockable Switch but I can't order any, which is common with Argos as their website is terrible and rarely updated. They are likely out of stock. They have Switch lites at their ebay store but that's the only option that seems to ever be properly stocked due to people preferring the dockable one. Nintendo rarely increases their shipments to the UK but if they did then they could do incredible numbers but I'd be shocked if they did an increase before September.

I'm sure there are those that understand this better than me but this is just my observation from watching their websites.

It should be pointed out that FF VII Remake did AT THE VERY LEAST 2 million in the US alone in April.Probably more than that.

I think we trully are seeing an FF ressurgeance.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Soren0079 said:

I've been looking at the UK market alot (it's where I live) and it still seems that for the last two or so months, nearly every dockable Switch that has reached the UK is just bought by scalpers and almost instantly put on ebay. I've been trying to track down a dockable Switch this whole time for a friend that wants one. The closest I've gotten is a Switch two months ago and being a few minutes too late yesterday to catch them as they arrived in stock at Argos. They currently still say that they have stock of the dockable Switch but I can't order any, which is common with Argos as their website is terrible and rarely updated. They are likely out of stock. They have Switch lites at their ebay store but that's the only option that seems to ever be properly stocked due to people preferring the dockable one. Nintendo rarely increases their shipments to the UK but if they did then they could do incredible numbers but I'd be shocked if they did an increase before September.

I'm sure there are those that understand this better than me but this is just my observation from watching their websites.

Its the same in Australia, every new stock that is going into the stores the scalpers get it, just like ring fit adventure and then plenty of high prices all over eBay/FB marketplace.

Nautilus said:

Nintendo Switch right now:

More like this:

BotW: Kaioken

Smash: SS1

Pokemon: SS2

Animal Crossing: SS3

Now what's gonna be SSG, SSB and Ultra Instinct?

Around the Network

It seems that PS4 will do more than 10 million units worldwide this year.

Wow, Switch is basically both the other consoles combined.

The Corona effect is absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if even 3DS or other consoles sold surprising numbers as well.

kazuyamishima said:
Soren0079 said:

Its the same in Australia, every new stock that is going into the stores the scalpers get it, just like ring fit adventure and then plenty of high prices all over eBay/FB marketplace.

Ah, then maybe it's Nintendo of Europe as a whole being that they are in charge of Australia and New Zealand too.
And Ring Fit has barely ever been in stock. I haven't seen it in a shop since around November last year (outside of over priced resellers and pre-order ads). It's always sold out. I recommend the game all the time but no one can buy it because it's retail only and they can barely get switches to then get the game ethier. I also didn't see any Brain Training stock after the first two weeks but that could be down to the fact that Nintendo just didn't promote it very well.
I'm just happy that I got Ring Fit Adventure at launch, otherwise I would have had almost no chance at all.

mk7sx said:
trunkswd said:
Those are some crazy numbers. I'll get to making adjustments to our hardware figures once I am done with the daily news.

Michael Pachter has confirmed actual unit sales of all three hardware.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/npd-april-video-game-disc-sales-up-8/

NSW: 808,000
PS4: 411,000
XBO: 329,000

XBOX One be like: