Forums - Sales Discussion - April NPD 2020: Switch 808k, PS4 411k, XB1 329k

I'm gonna make a weird prediction and say switch 1mil while the rest are constant

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Ryng said:

His predictions/datas are very good.

there were a few times when he was off but it's very rare.

For this month he literally said Switch "obliterated" the best April of this generation (PS4 in 2018), and said that both PS4/XB1 will likely have their biggest April too.

Well, I guess the Switch shortages aren't that bad, and that a lot of people are blowing a good chunk of their stimulus checks on video games.

I already have a PS4, X1X, and Switch, so I'm holding on to as much of my money as I can until this outbreak has blown over, just in case. I really don't feel comfortable with splurging at the moment, especially since I have other expenses to take care of as well. When it comes to my next-gen plans, I'm only going to put a down payment on a Series X once preorders go live, but I'm going to wait to the last minute to pay the whole thing off, again just in case. Seeing as we're still six months away from November, hopefully that means we'll be back at some sort of normalcy by then, and I won't have to worry about hanging on to my money.

Well, enough of my life story. In any case, I'm honestly surprised that sales are still expected to be way up YoY and still hanging strong from March. I was not expecting that. I was thinking maybe a bit up from February, but that's about it. This year is full of surprises. Most of them not very good, obviously, but they're there.

[NSW] 740K
[PS4] 260K
[XB1] 210K

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 May 2020

No leaks yet, but Mat Piscatella just released info about April NPD and the whole video game industry had a MASSIVE month. Two highlights:

1) All 3 consoles up at least 160% over April of last year
2) Switch has sold more in the first 4 months of 2020 than any console in U.S. history, beating the Wii's Jan-Apr 2009

SW-3707-5131-3911

7 remake slayed, as an exclusive as well. Can’t wait for whats next in the final fantasy in world

Around the Network

Switch might be over 714k.

Benji says it beat Wii's 2008.

Last edited by p0isonparadise - 3 days ago

Nintendo Switch right now:

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Awesome sales all around. And great to see FF7 killed it this month taking the number 1 spot and setting a franchise record.

Those are some crazy numbers. I'll get to making adjustments to our hardware figures once I am done with the daily news.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Those are some crazy numbers. I'll get to making adjustments to our hardware figures once I am done with the daily news.

Michael Pachter has confirmed actual unit sales of all three hardware.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/npd-april-video-game-disc-sales-up-8/

NSW: 808,000
PS4: 411,000
XBO: 329,000