By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101

Pretty terrible but kinda what I expected. MS isn't going for a traditional platform battle with Sony, instead they seem to be more interested in getting people on board with GP by offering a ton of small scale, cross-gen titles. It only makes sense that none of the games they showed felt next gen. Going to be very interesting when Sony does their official reveal with actual ps5 exclusives and MS just has their smart delivery games to counter that.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 07 May 2020

Around the Network

I'm kinda impressed at the games,very rarely an xbox show catches my interest but this had games i might enjoy.

I didn’t expect much, and that’s the point. Gonna go full fan here. 

Every time I watch E3 and I see a multiplat, I cringe because out of the hour and half, I basically think to myself “Well shit that’s 10 minutes less in the show they can dedicate to showing something 1st party”. Doesn’t matter what the game is and how interesting it looks. I know it’s also on PlayStation.

What this did do is fire the first shot. Xbox showed these games on their terms where as Sony still shy about any roadmap to showing anything. When people talk about them, they will refer to the Xbox digital showing.

This being a false attack, Sony’s eventual showing in June will be better no question. But they will likely show multiplats alongside exclusives, and I’ll smile each time that happens. Because MS got their 3rd party fluff all ready out of the way.

And when July comes, the 1st party showcase will happen, where there will be no fluff and everything I see caters to me. Your move Sony.

Edit: The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea and The Ascent all Xbox/PC. And this isn’t even the first party showing. Nice. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 07 May 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Poliwrathlord said:

Just oof. Not interested in this console whatsoever.

Considering they are all multiplat that applies to not just Xbox. The first party event is July. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

xl-klaudkil said:
What gameplay? I didnt see any.
Ow wait yes scarlet nexus! Looks awesome

Played it on the Switch, but it's called Astral Chain there

Around the Network
Moseskyle83 said:

I think it was really good and it shows a lot of diversity that’s coming to the console, am not sure why people are upset I think it’s nice n a good start to see some different games coming to Xbox not the same old 

"Not the same old" pretty much all of the games were in par of what we had this gen. Zombies, post-apocalyptic looks, scary things, and an Astral Chain rip-off and a Yakuza game. Nothing new

Otter said:
Angelus said:
As a random IX, it was good. As a showcase for the first look at next gen gameplay, as it was advertised, it was a complete failure.

Essentially this. Solid May Nintendo Direct/Inside Xbox level event but a bad showcase first "first look at Xbox Series X gameplay".

Not only was there a lack of gameplay to dig into (no playthroughs), most of the titles looked AA. I mean it was nice to give some attention to more left field devs but this was only really balanced (Showcase wise) by AC. A few things like scorn grabbed me but no gameplay... For sure there are bigger third party games coming to Xbox in the next 12 months? Given the whole 20/20 thing its clear we'll get another showcase in august (June services/July 1st party) but I feel like they should have started with their best foot first (either 1st party of an E3 level 3rd party showcase).

Mainly this. Why say next gen reveal, while games look a generation old? Where there some gimick like VR or new type of gameplay, Then thats something. But this does not exite me at all for next gen. The only game that appealed to me here, scarlett nexus, It will probably be best played on a switch, wich is where ill get it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

SvennoJ said:
Call of the sea looks like a lovely VR game, sadly it isn't.

Dirt 5, why? Who is asking for that?

4 player splitscreen do i need to say more

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:
goopy20 said:

Pretty terrible but kinda what I expected. MS isn't going for a traditional platform battle with Sony, instead they seem to be more interested in getting people on board with GP by offering a ton of small scale, cross-gen titles. It only makes sense that none of the games they showed felt next gen. Going to be very interesting when Sony does their official reveal with actual ps5 exclusives and MS just has their smart delivery games to counter that.

First they will have to show why Smart Delivery means anything.

They need to show an Xbox one game. An Xbox one game being "upscaled" via BC on the xbox one series. Then the same Xbox one series game native to the system.

Unless we are talking stuff like Shadows of Mordor/Forza where actual features are removed - I'm not sure I will see the difference between upscaled and native.  At least to any degree in which this is a selling point.

MS is making a big thing out of Smart Delivery but it's exactly the same thing as games patched for ps4 pro and Xbox one X. Of course they look a bit better but it's not like it's going to be a giant leap on Series X, especially compared to the XoneX version. Cross gen games can be different but that all depends on what the lead platform is. Shadow of Mordor, for example was a ps4/Xone game that got an outsourced crappy version later for ps3/360 and Forza had 2 different teams working on the Xone and 360 version.   

kirby007 said:
SvennoJ said:
Call of the sea looks like a lovely VR game, sadly it isn't.

Dirt 5, why? Who is asking for that?

4 player splitscreen do i need to say more

Do we know whether that is on Xbox One as well?

I always imagined the new consoles would encourage devs to readdress split screen. A lot of resources to spare if they're working on cross gen games.