By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101

MS should have waited for a full unveil to showcase everything.

First impressions of "next gen" games should be exciting and give a wow factor; whether its the graphics or gameplay. This did neither for me :/

Around the Network
hinch said:

First impressions of "next gen" games should be exciting and give a wow factor; whether its the graphics or gameplay. This did neither for me :/

Ya guess either option isn’t perfect. This way has an initial “meh” with a delayed gratification (July). Gamers are an impatient bunch, we want now now now. 

Then there was tradition where a publisher has a massive showing with combined 1st and 3rd party (e3). But then the 3rd party drags down the 1st party and before you know it the conference is over and you only saw like 2-3 exclusive games that really wowed you. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'm just going to say that I'm no closer to buying an Xbox after watching that than I have been for the last 10 years.

I was expecting a lot more, to be honest.
if this was about 3rd party games, where's the big 3rd party games? Only Madden and AC.

Some of the games looked really good and, personally, i will probably buy them if i can.

The general vibe is that this felt, specially for a first look, like a compilation of B-sides from a given band. Whereas the best songs are reserved for some time in the future.
Not the best way to start the hype.

sales2099 said:
hinch said:

Ya guess either option isn’t perfect. This way has an initial “meh” with a delayed gratification (July). Gamers are an impatient bunch, we want now now now. 

Then there was tradition where a publisher has a massive showing with combined 1st and 3rd party (e3). But then the 3rd party drags down the 1st party and before you know it the conference is over and you only saw like 2-3 exclusive games that really wowed you. 

They didn't have to do anything this month. Showing a bunch of cross gen games isn't going to get the hype train rolling. In fact I'd wager that it caused the opposite effect, with people who have been anticipating these big console launches for years, its highly disappointing to see. I'd go to say this killed the steam from the initial hardware breakdown. That presentation with DF video's gave us a glimpse of what to expect, to a whole lot of nothing but trailers for some B tier games (Bloodlines 2 announcement was dope though).

Tbh, if you have nothing to show, don't do it.

Around the Network

im going to pull this out of my ass, like everyone one in this thread does but the majority of the people who buy consoles 1. dont see this video and 2. don't care if its a gameplay vid or not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

think-man said:
I'm just going to say that I'm no closer to buying an Xbox after watching that than I have been for the last 10 years.

and water is wet

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bandorr said:
goopy20 said:

MS is making a big thing out of Smart Delivery but it's exactly the same thing as games patched for ps4 pro and Xbox one X. Of course they look a bit better but it's not like it's going to be a giant leap on Series X, especially compared to the XoneX version. Cross gen games can be different but that all depends on what the lead platform is. Shadow of Mordor, for example was a ps4/Xone game that got an outsourced crappy version later for ps3/360 and Forza had 2 different teams working on the Xone and 360 version.   

Is it the same as the Ps4 pro / Xbox one X patches? Like is there a source for that? And does that mean when you put a "previous gen" game into the system that the "upscaling" won't involve that patch?

I have no actual experience with a console having cross gen, and BC for the same game. I don't remember the PS2 or PS3 (early version) doing that.

Cross buy on Vita and PS3 and PS4 ;) It was for digital versions only through.
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PS3PS4XBUY/1
https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/grid/STORE-MSF77008-9_PS4PSVCBBUNDLE/1

The show wasnt too bad. There were some gameplay which was nice. People are forgetting that next gen will be having native 4k without dynamic resolution and 60fps. Just look at dirt 5. They said it will be 4k 60fps or 4k 120fps. That alone warrants next gen as current gen apart from certain games on xbox one x can't run properly at 4k 60fps. Plus we will have much better shadow quality and Ray tracing and lighting. You could see that in the gameplay that was shown today.

In terms of assassin's creed, that was snippits of gameplay from the game itself. You can tell as the reveal trailer was leaps better looking than what was reveal today. And also before the gameplay trailer started there was a disclaimer saying that it's an expected xbox series x gameplay