By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
Chris Hu said:
xl-klaudkil said:
What gameplay? I didnt see any.
Ow wait yes scarlet nexus! Looks awesome

I like Tales of games so it could be very.  Also its about time we get some more info about Tales of Arise.

Most likely at Tales of Festival on June 13th/14th for the 25th anniversary. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:

If u watched it alot of them were smart delivery, meaning that they are aiming for xbox one. Also some just had optimised for xbox series x which means that at most u will get is better framer ate and higher Res. 

Don't forget alot of those games will just be pc on max settings or high with Ray trace, better texture, anti aliasing, lighting, shadows and so on. That jump will alot higher. And worth next gen experience at least for me. 

Just take dirt 5. Ita going to be 4k 60fps or 4k 120fps. Having that at 120fps is next gen as current gen can't do locked 60fps at 1080p lol. These are all third party not first party games as well. 

eva01beserk said:

Yes, but in development with supposed next gen in mind. Even in development games should outshine current games. Was not that the point? Saying that native 4k and over 60fps with ray tracing suposed to be enough to differentiate gens? 

Thats exactly the point. MS advertise next gen games for SXS. No matter how low expectation people had, nothing was shown to be next gen aside from vallhala and that was revealed before and they dint even show gameplay, wich is the other thing they adverticed. 

Good for you if thats enough to satisfy your next gen need. But most people dont just want more frames or more pixels out of next gen or maxd slidders on PC. A true next gen game without the limiting factors of the previous game will look way better than any crosgen game with just max settings as the base of the game. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

You are forgetting that Ms have said that first party will be shown in july. We all know thats where you see more of a next gen look as they tend to utilise the hardware better than third parties. I saw alot of games that had better shadow, Ray tracing, lighting and textures. Those can't be done on current system. 

In terms of vahalla, what u saw was snippet of the gameplay. It was basically developer playing it and they took parts of it and put it into a gameplay trailer. You can tell that was in game graphics as it wasn't as good as the cg reveal trailer. 

What limiting factors?  What limited this gen was lack of power hence why games had unstable Fps and dynamic Res. What is your idea of next gen game? Don't forget this third party games will probably look similar on ps5 

eva01beserk said:
dane007 said:

Thats exactly the point. MS advertise next gen games for SXS. No matter how low expectation people had, nothing was shown to be next gen aside from vallhala and that was revealed before and they dint even show gameplay, wich is the other thing they adverticed. 

Good for you if thats enough to satisfy your next gen need. But most people dont just want more frames or more pixels out of next gen or maxd slidders on PC. A true next gen game without the limiting factors of the previous game will look way better than any crosgen game with just max settings as the base of the game. 

dane007 said:

You are forgetting that Ms have said that first party will be shown in july. We all know thats where you see more of a next gen look as they tend to utilise the hardware better than third parties. I saw alot of games that had better shadow, Ray tracing, lighting and textures. Those can't be done on current system. 

In terms of vahalla, what u saw was snippet of the gameplay. It was basically developer playing it and they took parts of it and put it into a gameplay trailer. You can tell that was in game graphics as it wasn't as good as the cg reveal trailer. 

What limiting factors?  What limited this gen was lack of power hence why games had unstable Fps and dynamic Res. What is your idea of next gen game? Don't forget this third party games will probably look similar on ps5 

eva01beserk said:

Im not forgeting anything, the july event showing way better games does not retroactively make this even any better. Im glad thouse extra fetures are there, but it dosent make a game next gen any more than x1x or ps4pro  HDR made base games any more next gen.

You cant even consider 2 second compilations as "snippets". Again, pretty much every gaming site is critizicing that very fact as decitfull. 

I have no doubt that it will be just as underwhelming on ps5, it was never part of the discussion. Yes lack of power, but more notably the cpu and the hdd. Any game still doing things considering thouse 2 factors can be upscaled or run at what ever framerate you want, they will still look and fell like 8th gen games.

Just think of this. 8th gen games, with everything you can see on screen at any given time is said to be 1-2gb in size. Thats because ram was 5-5.5gb available for graphics and still needed to be split to what ever else it needed for the game. if that gets upscaled it still wont be any bigger on next gen even though 9th gen will have like 12gb minimum free. 4k textures and a few things will add to it but iit will still have space not utilize. Can they add a lot to improve it? sure they can, but then it will look ovbiously better, almost like a diferent game and as we can see, thats not what we got on this presentation. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

That won't happen as ps4 has a huge install base. They won't abandon 108 million of those for at least 1 to 2 years into next gen. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I hope Sony when they Will make a Next GEN show dont go this way and show games made for the Next GEN consoles and not this ennhanced or optimize pointless garbage , i want a Next GEN console to play a new GEN exploring the new consoles.

This first showing was horrible, full of c class studios ONLY worth game was ass Creed.

In a scale i rate this as a wet fart

Around the Network
dane007 said:

That won't happen as ps4 has a huge install base. They won't abandon 108 million of those for at least 1 to 2 years into next gen. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I hope Sony when they Will make a Next GEN show dont go this way and show games made for the Next GEN consoles and not this ennhanced or optimize pointless garbage , i want a Next GEN console to play a new GEN exploring the new consoles.

This first showing was horrible, full of c class studios ONLY worth game was ass Creed.

In a scale i rate this as a wet fart

Then you have mistaken the diferent strategies here. Sony anounced ps5 exclusives where coming. They dint say all games will be ps5 exclusive. They can do 2 games a year and one of them be a ps5 only title and the other be crosgen. they can please early adopters and the 110m ps4 owners. MS on the other hand has anounced NO xsx exclusives, everything will be cross gen for 1-2 years. 

There were alot more than 2 seconds of gameplay. First trailer was pure gameplay and the one after had more than 2 seconds of gameplay.  People expectations are unrealistic these days. 

To show longer gameplay meant a show that last hours as alot of games were shown. 

I have been following alot cgi game screenshot from his super pc and his games look like brand new with all the bell whistles when compared to current gen.  An example metro latest game. If u have every bell and whistles on with Ray tracing, the difference is night and day to what current gen can do. Its like a brand new game lol. 

Plus the games shown is not even complete. Alot was due next year lol. Games look much better closer to completion. 

To each it's own I guess. For me, having that extra detail in textures, lighting, shadows, lod for further objects, added physics and locked 60fps s at 4k is sublime. I am hoping that with next gen AI gets alot better as current gen ai are quite stupid lol

eva01beserk said:

Im not forgeting anything, the july event showing way better games does not retroactively make this even any better. Im glad thouse extra fetures are there, but it dosent make a game next gen any more than x1x or ps4pro  HDR made base games any more next gen.

You cant even consider 2 second compilations as "snippets". Again, pretty much every gaming site is critizicing that very fact as decitfull. 

I have no doubt that it will be just as underwhelming on ps5, it was never part of the discussion. Yes lack of power, but more notably the cpu and the hdd. Any game still doing things considering thouse 2 factors can be upscaled or run at what ever framerate you want, they will still look and fell like 8th gen games.

Just think of this. 8th gen games, with everything you can see on screen at any given time is said to be 1-2gb in size. Thats because ram was 5-5.5gb available for graphics and still needed to be split to what ever else it needed for the game. if that gets upscaled it still wont be any bigger on next gen even though 9th gen will have like 12gb minimum free. 4k textures and a few things will add to it but iit will still have space not utilize. Can they add a lot to improve it? sure they can, but then it will look ovbiously better, almost like a diferent game and as we can see, thats not what we got on this presentation. 

We haven't seen other first party games yet. Plus medium is made exclusive for xbox series x. It was mentioned today. Ps5 exclusives probably mean just to Sony machine. I am sure first party won't sacrifice profit from 110 million ps4 user on a brand new ps5 with no user base lol. It doesn't make any economic sense. 

Every first party ms games can be made specifically for xbox one series x and then dial the graphics down for xbox one x and xbox one as it uses the same architecture. That's what they said when they interviewed them today. It's on euro gamer if u want a read. That way games can sell way and make profit. I rather the game sells well by being available on all ms platforms then not. With games being successful we get more sequels. 

eva01beserk said:

dane007 said:

Then you have mistaken the diferent strategies here. Sony anounced ps5 exclusives where coming. They dint say all games will be ps5 exclusive. They can do 2 games a year and one of them be a ps5 only title and the other be crosgen. they can please early adopters and the 110m ps4 owners. MS on the other hand has anounced NO xsx exclusives, everything will be cross gen for 1-2 years. 

You do know that yakuza kiwami and yakuza 0 is on gamepass atm?. Love yakuza kiwami and 0. Nearly finished yakuza zero in xbox one x. I hope they do as they are brilliant games! 

Bristow9091 said:

dane007 said:

Bristow 9091 : Yep!! It's coming as it will be a launch title for xbox series x

I really hope the XBOX fanbase embrace the Yakuza games as much as the Playstation lot do, the franchise is amazing and needs to be played by more people!

dane007 said:

There were alot more than 2 seconds of gameplay. First trailer was pure gameplay and the one after had more than 2 seconds of gameplay.  People expectations are unrealistic these days. 

To show longer gameplay meant a show that last hours as alot of games were shown. 

I have been following alot cgi game screenshot from his super pc and his games look like brand new with all the bell whistles when compared to current gen.  An example metro latest game. If u have every bell and whistles on with Ray tracing, the difference is night and day to what current gen can do. Its like a brand new game lol. 

Plus the games shown is not even complete. Alot was due next year lol. Games look much better closer to completion. 

To each it's own I guess. For me, having that extra detail in textures, lighting, shadows, lod for further objects, added physics and locked 60fps s at 4k is sublime. I am hoping that with next gen AI gets alot better as current gen ai are quite stupid lol

eva01beserk said:

3 seconds? My mistake, I take it all back. Dont pretend you dint know that was a hyperbole. And so they should extended. Why not? If you see the critisim online people whent in asuming 2-3 hours when they heard its all about gameplay. There are no other presentations from anyone else, so having all day for that would have been fine by all. Where this E3 where 5 others have a 2 hours each would be understandable, but not here.

I also follow CGI, not as much as you probably and sure thouse screenshots look amazing. But I also follow others on youtube whos main channels are about hardware comparasion and they show they actual gameplay with various components and while playing avove 60fps and the diference is hardly notiable. They actually have to freeze the frames and actually zoom in to notice thouse diference. Higher framerates stope being noticeable after a point. granted that varies from person to person but everyone has a limit on how many fps they can appreciate. 

Again games in development tent to shoot higher than what eventually deliver and you can see that on almost every E3 as they need to downgrade and the final game is night and day, so now they should be better. Remember Anthem? Watchdogs? do I need to go on?

Im glad you like AI, as that is definetly held back by the cpu and I her some say that the hdd as well and the various animations and character details and possible actions are read directly from storage, so better storage and cpu means vastly better AI. Wich is something that does not change across gens, so if they make something the x1/ps4 can handle, the same AI will be implemented on ps5/xsx. There could be like small aditions and enhancements but like you said, they wont screw over the majority of players and offer a vastly diferent experience for last gen.