By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
dane007 said:

We haven't seen other first party games yet. Plus medium is made exclusive for xbox series x. It was mentioned today. Ps5 exclusives probably mean just to Sony machine. I am sure first party won't sacrifice profit from 110 million ps4 user on a brand new ps5 with no user base lol. It doesn't make any economic sense. 

Every first party ms games can be made specifically for xbox one series x and then dial the graphics down for xbox one x and xbox one as it uses the same architecture. That's what they said when they interviewed them today. It's on euro gamer if u want a read. That way games can sell way and make profit. I rather the game sells well by being available on all ms platforms then not. With games being successful we get more sequels. 

eva01beserk said:

Then you have mistaken the diferent strategies here. Sony anounced ps5 exclusives where coming. They dint say all games will be ps5 exclusive. They can do 2 games a year and one of them be a ps5 only title and the other be crosgen. they can please early adopters and the 110m ps4 owners. MS on the other hand has anounced NO xsx exclusives, everything will be cross gen for 1-2 years. 

Its also sacrificing future profit by not having users adopt the new machine fast enough. Thats why Im sure its gona be 50/50 for sony. They dont have to abandone the 110m ps4's to also provide for the ps5. 

Not everything can be scaled like I mentioned on the other comment like AI. Ram and cpu will make sure that if a game is made for 8th gen, all your getting is a upscale and raytracing added to it. I pretty sure you know how CPU was the bigest complaing since it was weak even when the consoles launched. And like I mentioned before, ram will limit object count and detail. A simple upscale wont make up for that. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

That's the only way I know. I haven't been on here for years 🤣 so I forgotten how to do it

Libi said:
well, im more impressed with the last of us 2 animation than any game showed in this event.

lol come'on man. I'm looking forward to seeing games on par to the last of us 2 animations at some point, but that is some seriously high expectations from 3rd party developers.  

Man, I wish I could get excited about any of these games. Some of them looked kinda cool but I'm definitely getting a 'style over substance' feel to them, reminiscent of stuff like Sea of Thieves and No Man's sky. So many of these games look like great concepts that are going to be fine but nothing special. Xbox really needs to up its game; after three generations of 'sure, cool enough' to 'oh my god why where are your exclusives?!' they have got to whip it out and it needs to break the table, if you get my drift.

Sony and Nintendo have got so much more going for them, I don't even care that Xbox is stronger. I got more genuine emotion and swelling joy watching the opening pan-up in Breath of the Wild (Right after you leave the Shrine of Awakening) than this entire presentation. none of it looked BAD, but like, it was just a lot of 'alright...cool, whatever.'

Where's their Last of us? Their Horizon Zero Dawn? Where's their Spider-Man or God of War or Ghost of Tsushima or Bloodborne? I know that's not what this presentation was meant to be, but like, all we know about AAA first party titles so far is Halo....and there hasn't been a good Halo game since Reach.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Here is how I said I was going to rate the show a couple of days ago.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Basically, once you subtract off all of the BS, then how much actual content will they have?  I'm even going to be super generous to them this time.  They get half credit for any game that also comes to PS5 just as long as it doesn't come to a gen 8 system.  I'll even give them full credit for a Series X exclusive even if the game also comes to PC.  Games must also give a release date of 2021 or sooner to get any credit.  Again, I'm setting the bar really low this time, but usually Microsoft finds a way to limbo under my expectations.

Well, I looked into the 13 games and this is what I found.  Several of them will be on PS4, but almost all of them 12/13, will be on XBox1.  From what I can tell, only Scorn will XBox Series X exclusive.  It's an indie game funded through kickstarter that was always slated to come to PC.  But the only console I can find it coming to is Series X.  According to my scoring system that means XBox gets a full point on that game.  However they get a zero on the other 12 games.  So their overall score is 1/13, or 0.8 out of 10. 

I'll round up since they actually did spend most of the time showing games and spent the BS talking from people to a relatively small amount.

Final score = 1 out of 10.  That is pretty pathetic.  They mostly showed off a bunch of games that you can play on current gen consoles.  There really is no reason to buy a Series X based on this presentation unless you want to shell out $500ish just to play Scorn on a console.

Around the Network

That was disappointing...
Although kind of funny seeing A Greenberg with his fake rehearsed hype for halo all over his 90's potato cam :)
Minimal gameplay, only multiplat games, madden (lol)... and gaming is changed forever according to their marketing. Not if this was any indication

The_Liquid_Laser said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Basically, once you subtract off all of the BS, then how much actual content will they have?  I'm even going to be super generous to them this time.  They get half credit for any game that also comes to PS5 just as long as it doesn't come to a gen 8 system.  I'll even give them full credit for a Series X exclusive even if the game also comes to PC.  Games must also give a release date of 2021 or sooner to get any credit.  Again, I'm setting the bar really low this time, but usually Microsoft finds a way to limbo under my expectations.

Well, I looked into the 13 games and this is what I found.  Several of them will be on PS4, but almost all of them 12/13, will be on XBox1.  From what I can tell, only Scorn will XBox Series X exclusive.  It's an indie game funded through kickstarter that was always slated to come to PC.  But the only console I can find it coming to is Series X.  According to my scoring system that means XBox gets a full point on that game.  However they get a zero on the other 12 games.  So their overall score is 1/13, or 0.8 out of 10. 

I'll round up since they actually did spend most of the time showing games and spent the BS talking from people to a relatively small amount.

Final score = 1 out of 10.  That is pretty pathetic.  They mostly showed off a bunch of games that you can play on current gen consoles.  There really is no reason to buy a Series X based on this presentation unless you want to shell out $500ish just to play Scorn on a console.

Medium is also exclusive to xbox series x. This was meant to be third party. All the first party Is in July. Its not what we expected but we at least got to see something. Sony hasn't done anything apart from showing controller and their specs. 

dane007 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Medium is also exclusive to xbox series x. This was meant to be third party. All the first party Is in July. Its not what we expected but we at least got to see something. Sony hasn't done anything apart from showing controller and their specs. 

It's not about Sony, it was MS show yesterday. We'll discuss Sony when they do a similar presentation.

dane007 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The Medium is also going to be on XBox1."At the time of writing, The Medium is only confirmed for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X release during holiday 2020."
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/05/07/bloober-team-new-game-the-medium/

Also, I'm not down with "at least we got to see something".  I like when a reveal is actually a reveal.  I am used to a presentation where they show the hardware, give the specs, give the price, and show off exclusive/next gen games all in the same presentation.  That is what we've always gotten in the past.  That is what I expect.  Now Microsoft is just dangling a carrot in front of everyone's face when they really have nothing to show.  This presentation really sucked.

There is this old saying, "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."  Well this is a lot like that, only it's "those who have something to show don't say, and those who say don't have anything to show."  Microsoft is saying a whole lot, but they really don't have anything impressive to show.  They trickle out info and hype it to death, but it's really a lot of nothing, just like this presentation.  Sony is holding their cards really close to their chest.  They means they have something great to show, at least they think it's great.  Microsoft doesn't even think their product is great, so we get a constant, fluffy, marketing blitz instead.

eva01beserk said:
dane007 said:

3 seconds? My mistake, I take it all back. Dont pretend you dint know that was a hyperbole. And so they should extended. Why not? If you see the critisim online people whent in asuming 2-3 hours when they heard its all about gameplay. There are no other presentations from anyone else, so having all day for that would have been fine by all. Where this E3 where 5 others have a 2 hours each would be understandable, but not here.

I also follow CGI, not as much as you probably and sure thouse screenshots look amazing. But I also follow others on youtube whos main channels are about hardware comparasion and they show they actual gameplay with various components and while playing avove 60fps and the diference is hardly notiable. They actually have to freeze the frames and actually zoom in to notice thouse diference. Higher framerates stope being noticeable after a point. granted that varies from person to person but everyone has a limit on how many fps they can appreciate. 

Again games in development tent to shoot higher than what eventually deliver and you can see that on almost every E3 as they need to downgrade and the final game is night and day, so now they should be better. Remember Anthem? Watchdogs? do I need to go on?

Im glad you like AI, as that is definetly held back by the cpu and I her some say that the hdd as well and the various animations and character details and possible actions are read directly from storage, so better storage and cpu means vastly better AI. Wich is something that does not change across gens, so if they make something the x1/ps4 can handle, the same AI will be implemented on ps5/xsx. There could be like small aditions and enhancements but like you said, they wont screw over the majority of players and offer a vastly diferent experience for last gen.

Don't know what show u been watching. U need to look at it again.

Bright memory infinite was pure gameplay as the game was made by one person. The entire trailer was in game gameplay

Call of of sea showed how the game will look on xbox series x. That was in game graphics that they showed. 

Chorus : Half of the trailer showed actual In game gameplay. U can tell from the graphics showed. 

Scarlett nexus had more than half is trailer showing in game gameplay when it was fighting monsters and bosses. 

Second extinction :the ugliest looking game showcased and that was pure gameplay in that trailer. 

The ascent :that was majority gameplay in that trailer. U can see it there. 

Medium: the last 20 seconds of the trailer showcased the gameplay.

Vampire masquerade 2 had about 30 % of its trailer with gameplay. U can see the difference between cg and gameplay. It was obvious.

Dirt 5 is all gameplay as that's how it will look like in game

These out of 13 showed way more than 3 seconds. I envy cgi computer!. Wished I had that kind of pc power as his screenshot look stunning!. I don't have a pc that can beyond 60fps on modern games but I can imagine it will be as big as it is between 30fps and 60fps. We all would love 2 to 3 hours but the developers need to get the game done on time with the pandemic going on.

Not everyone is ubisoft and bioware. Ubisoft have learnt since watchdogs as all their modern AC games quality and remained when it get finally released. 

I am waiting for the day when I get outsmarted by AI and not by AI that has either too much health, extra strength, long reach or just priority for attacks. I want them to be actually intelligent lol. Fingers cross the next gen we get that. 

Last edited by dane007 - on 08 May 2020