By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
sales2099 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Can you please clarify that statement? You have a 120HZ - 4k monitor? I'm not talking about price of 4k tvs by themselves, i'm talking about both 4k AND 120Hz together. If so, which monitor exactly did you buy, I'm curious now.

Aside from that, again, you seem to have 2 different standards here. So MS has shown the exact same number of next gen games as Sony did (zero), the difference being that Xbox has hyped an event that was supposed to show those, Sony hasn't.

I didn't say Sony has 2 gigantic studios, I said they have 2 gigantic first party releases by the time Xbox even has this July event (LoU2 and GoT). If history is any indication, you're much better off concerning yourself with the MS first party output as Sony has been running laps around them all generation long.

If someone asked me if you're concern trolling, I would have a tough time saying no at this point.

But again, what does Sony have to do with this whole discussion? All the games we've seen yesterday are cross platform titles, so how do you count this as a win of MS?

Actually MS has 3 to Sony’s 0. Halo Infinite, Project Mara, and Hellblade 2. Sure we didn’t see gameplay, but we know the games exist and have seen trailers. Sony fans just have rumours of games coming. That’s a difference I think you should acknowledge. 

Im more surprised Sony is using up two of their best studios on PS4 only, I think it’s wasted potential. Should have made them launch PS5 titles. This way Xbox is more likely to have better launch games. And I’d be more concerned with your own community tearing itself apart when LOU2 releases. Either you love the game and ND or you are a bigot for disagreeing, I don’t envy that storm when it hits. 

It’s a minor win in that it’s something. And I’ll take something over painful silence any day. 

We are talking about actually seeing the games, not pre-rendered cut-scenes made for commercials, so zero to zero. Well, actually if you want to be super precise, we did see godfall's gameplay before, as brief as it was, so score it as you will, definitely no win for MS so far. There's no problem with rumors, they will show things in due course, i'm not here to defend marketing strategy of either company, I will point out something that maybe you should be commenting instead:

- MS dedicated split their new console's presentation into 2 parts, 3rd party showing (yesterday) and first party (in a couple months). So I'm left wondering, where is Rockstar? Where is WB's new Batman Game? Where is Cyberpunk? Where is Watch Dogs 2? Where is Activision and COD? Where is Battlefield? Where is Square Enix (Avengers, etc)? Where are all the major games we know are do to come out later this year and definitely be on new hardware? Found very interesting we have the hyped first big showing of 3rd parties on a next gen console and somehow all the big players are absent. The show long hyped Assassin's Creed "gameplay" was a total bust, and rehash of what Ubi showed previously.

On the ND point, that is such a weak argument I can't even believe you're making it. You realize Halo will also be a XB1 game right? So alluding that Sony shouldn't release it on the PS4 is the exact criticism non Xbox fans have been throwing about no real next gen games for XSX. So let me see if I get it right, it's good when MS does it for all games, but somehow it's bad in the case of LoU2? Interesting...

Btw last point on "I’d be more concerned with your own community tearing itself apart when LOU2 releases. Either you love the game and ND or you are a bigot for disagreeing". I don't have a clue what "my" community you are speaking about. Honestly.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
setsunatenshi said:

I think you just proved my point, a 27in monitor to the specs we were discussing is the same price as a current high end desktop. Now let's see these specs on a 55+ in tv. 99% of the people are years away from being able to feel any benefits from 4K 120Hz. The people that clutch pearls at the thought of a $500+ console are not the market for this sort of display hardware, not when they maybe upgraded to a 4k tv in the past 2-3 years.

On the other points, if those games were MS exclusive, you can bet any amount of money MS would have put bold letters "Console Exclusive" on the presentation. Let's consider why they didn't...

On the 2 games, I don't know if they re-release or not, it's not even being argued here. It was just to illustrate that there are really big 1st party titles coming out right now from Sony, so there's no reason for concern that the future titles haven't been shown yet. Pretty sure that come July Sony will also have their blowout, same as MS.

I don't have any particular comments on the preferences, I respect your taste in games and won't argue that at all. I think the main point I was bringing was the disappointment at the hype MS put on yesterday's event, and had a terrible showing. Hopefully they can learn from it and next time I can see people holding some controllers in hand, playing a few minutes of a game on screen. 

I did say my pc monitor is 4k 144hz. That alone would be small. I don't have that for a TV but only when.more games use it and not just dirt 5. In that time I can use my monitor lol. But yes most people might not get it at start but I hear in alot of countries u can get a really cheap deal for 4k when there's black Friday sale. Perfect time to get both.

From memory it was shown for medium as that was the only third party exclusive. Rest wasn't lol. I know but if nd does what they did with last of us then they will for part 2. I can't wait. Wish I can time travel to July!

I am sure Ms will show more gameplay but they don't want to show all their hands before sony show theirs. That's just a guess. 

Yeah 4K tvs are affordable, however not 4K + HDR + 120+Hz. It will be a few years until they are if we're being honest and I guess both of us are fringe cases. I would love to spend $1k+ on a new console every generation to assure it's as powerful as it can be, but the masses seem to be allergic to $400 and above kind of prices, while paying 3 times that for a phone every 2 years or so. It is what it is unfortunately...

sales2099 said:
SKMBlake said:

Sony has Godfall

With gameplay

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

Bullshit, there is no confirmation any of those are actual exclusives yet. Since when has MS been shy about labeling "Console exclusive" before in their presentations?  Or even "first on Xbox" to confirm timed exclusivity? 

Everything shown looks current gen. I would have loved just a small showcase of something running in realtime that shows next gen level physics, AI, graphics, mesh shaders and variable rate shading put to use, something not possible on current gen, something other than minecraft with ray tracing.

dane007 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The Medium is also going to be on XBox1."At the time of writing, The Medium is only confirmed for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X release during holiday 2020."
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/05/07/bloober-team-new-game-the-medium/

Also, I'm not down with "at least we got to see something".  I like when a reveal is actually a reveal.  I am used to a presentation where they show the hardware, give the specs, give the price, and show off exclusive/next gen games all in the same presentation.  That is what we've always gotten in the past.  That is what I expect.  Now Microsoft is just dangling a carrot in front of everyone's face when they really have nothing to show.  This presentation really sucked.

There is this old saying, "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."  Well this is a lot like that, only it's "those who have something to show don't say, and those who say don't have anything to show."  Microsoft is saying a whole lot, but they really don't have anything impressive to show.  They trickle out info and hype it to death, but it's really a lot of nothing, just like this presentation.  Sony is holding their cards really close to their chest.  They means they have something great to show, at least they think it's great.  Microsoft doesn't even think their product is great, so we get a constant, fluffy, marketing blitz instead.

That's interesting as Eurogamer did an interview with the game developer and they said it's just xbox series x and pc. Here's the article https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-07-layers-of-fear-dev-bloober-talks-its-xbox-series-x-survival-horror-throwback-the-medium.

The system details has been mentioned by Ms that it will be next month and the first party reveal in July. That's when u get the price. This event was to allow third party show off their games that will come on xbox series x. It won't be much different if it was Sony doing it. It's not what we expected but we got something. Better something than nothing. Sony hasn't done anything apart from specs talk and pic of a controller. 

That link only leads to a 404 error.  Could you try again?

Your second paragraph basically ignores everything I said and just restates your own points.  Let me do the opposite and acknowledge what you are saying.  To restate it you are saying, "Yes, Microsoft's presentation sucked hard.  And they are going to give us two more sucky presentations.  If Sony was doing a presentation, then it would suck hard too.  But we don't even get a sucky presentation Sony.  You hear that Sony?  Where is your sucky presentation, huh?"

What I am saying is the opposite.  I don't want a sucky presentation.  No presentation is actually better than a bunch of sucky ones like Microsoft is giving us.  I am very content to actually wait for a good presentation where they tell us everything at once.  That is what these companies have always done in the past. 

On top of that all of these sucky presentations from Microsoft are a smoke screen.  They are trying to make it seem like they have something great when they really have nothing.  What does it look like when a company has something great?  They hold their cards close to their chest.  This is what Sony is doing.  Sony, at least internally, thinks they have something great, so they are keeping it secret to wait for a big reveal.  Microsoft has no big reveal.  That is why we get all of these sucky presentations that are a bunch of nothing.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Can you please clarify that statement? You have a 120HZ - 4k monitor? I'm not talking about price of 4k tvs by themselves, i'm talking about both 4k AND 120Hz together. If so, which monitor exactly did you buy, I'm curious now.

Aside from that, again, you seem to have 2 different standards here. So MS has shown the exact same number of next gen games as Sony did (zero), the difference being that Xbox has hyped an event that was supposed to show those, Sony hasn't.

I didn't say Sony has 2 gigantic studios, I said they have 2 gigantic first party releases by the time Xbox even has this July event (LoU2 and GoT). If history is any indication, you're much better off concerning yourself with the MS first party output as Sony has been running laps around them all generation long.

If someone asked me if you're concern trolling, I would have a tough time saying no at this point.

But again, what does Sony have to do with this whole discussion? All the games we've seen yesterday are cross platform titles, so how do you count this as a win of MS?

Actually MS has 3 to Sony’s 0. Halo Infinite, Project Mara, and Hellblade 2. Sure we didn’t see gameplay, but we know the games exist and have seen trailers. Sony fans just have rumours of games coming. That’s a difference I think you should acknowledge. 

Im more surprised Sony is using up two of their best studios on PS4 only, I think it’s wasted potential. Should have made them launch PS5 titles. This way Xbox is more likely to have better launch games. And I’d be more concerned with your own community tearing itself apart when LOU2 releases. Either you love the game and ND or you are a bigot for disagreeing, I don’t envy that storm when it hits. 

It’s a minor win in that it’s something. And I’ll take something over painful silence any day. 

Sony has better games releasing this year than microsoft does. 

sales2099 said:
SKMBlake said:

Sony has Godfall

With gameplay

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5. But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

Of course you meant what fits your narrative. Im glad that in the very coment you backtracked, you backtracked yet again. I also would love to know what you would score thouse games if you give godfall a 70(wich I agree, nothing special here) and for that game we have seen plenty and these games for most we know next to nothing. And even then, these are small games wich most likely are just not yet anounced for playstation. 

But I really want to know what its official from project mara and hellblade 2? As far as im aware hellblade is super early in development not to be expected any time soon and all we have seen is a pre rendered trailer that shows nothing but facial animations that are expected to reflect the xsx. And project mara has shown even less wich was mostly a real world shot and then a portion of a face. nothing but a concept yet. I cant tell wich one is more far away from release or to show anything tangible. That was no more than saying thouse 2 games are on development. The same as sony saying, god of war, spiderman and horizon are in development. I will give you halo as that at least we know when it will release, but also nothing but a cg trailer has been shown. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Considering how much we are debating the show I guess it's fair to say that the reception was lukewarm at best. IMO it failed completely to garner my interest towards next-gen or the Xbox platform in general. Scorn looked awesome, but we have no idea what that was. As far as we know it could be an RTS title.

I understand that there are people who got excited about this, there is nothing wrong with that, but saying that MS kept expectations a bit low is pretty unjustified. There were quite a bit of drums being beaten about massive gameplay reveals, and it was one of the least gameplay-centric reveals that we have ever seen. So yes, in general it was a major letdown, and I will remian partial to major reveals going forward.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CGI-Quality said:
⚠️

I already see that this is turning into a MS vs Sony situation, triggering needless wars. Let's drop that discussion and put the focus back on the topic.

Almost every topic now days turns into a MS vs Sony situation. Even a politics thread will somehow drags those 2 in. Not condoning it, I just think with new gen almost upon us, console war mode has been triggered inside everyone. And yes, I know Im guilty of some of it to. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
SKMBlake said:

Sony has Godfall

With gameplay

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5. But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

How can Sony have revealed any first party games when they didn't even officially reveal of the ps5 yet? Truth is that we already know what Sony's will bring to the table and we also know that their first party studios have been working on ps5 exclusives for years now, including ND's second team.

MS showcase was disappointing because the games didn't ooze quality but the biggest issue is that "smart delivery" and small scale GP games is their whole strategy going forward. I've been ranting about it for months and maybe now you finally see why.   

❌ BANNEDIgnored Mod Warning + Ban On Talking To Sales ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 May 2020