By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
CGI-Quality said:
eva01beserk said:

Almost every topic now days turns into a MS vs Sony situation. Even a politics thread will somehow drags those 2 in. Not condoning it, I just think with new gen almost upon us, console war mode has been triggered inside everyone. And yes, I know Im guilty of some of it to. 

That's a Thread Warning and not up for debate. You can send me a PM if you'd like to discuss it.

Not debating, Im agreeing with you. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5. But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

How can Sony have revealed any first party games when they didn't even officially reveal of the ps5 yet? Truth is that we already know what Sony's will bring to the table and we also know that their first party studios have been working on ps5 exclusives for years now, including ND's second team.

MS showcase was disappointing because the games didn't ooze quality but the biggest issue is that cross platform games is their whole strategy going forward. I've been ranting about it for months and maybe now you finally see why.   

While I do agree with you and think thats the road MS has chosen with next gen. I still think its fair to at least wait untill they unveil their 1st party event, probably sonys event as well. By then it should be clear to everyone that gamepass is the focus for MS.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Nm 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5. But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

How can Sony have revealed any first party games when they didn't even officially reveal of the ps5 yet? Truth is that we already know what Sony's will bring to the table and we also know that their first party studios have been working on ps5 exclusives for years now, including ND's second team.

MS showcase was disappointing because the games didn't ooze quality but the biggest issue is that "smart delivery" and small scale GP games is their whole strategy going forward. I've been ranting about it for months and maybe now you finally see why.   

❌ BANNEDIgnored Mod Warning + Ban On Talking To Sales ~ CGI

How can you possibly know the quality or scale of these games based on short trailers lol

eva01beserk said:
goopy20 said:

MS showcase was disappointing because the games didn't ooze quality but the biggest issue is that cross platform games is their whole strategy going forward. I've been ranting about it for months and maybe now you finally see why.   

While I do agree with you and think thats the road MS has chosen with next gen. I still think its fair to at least wait untill they unveil their 1st party event, probably sonys event as well. By then it should be clear to everyone that gamepass is the focus for MS.

Getting back on topic, we still early in the marketing for next gen. I agree both sides really can’t say a complete argument until each has a proper 1st party event. This event was simply overhyped and advertised poorly (should have been “in engine” instead of “gameplay”). Lacked big multiplat titles. Think we can all agree on that. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Getting back on topic, we still early in the marketing for next gen. I agree both sides really can’t say a complete argument until each has a proper 1st party event. This event was simply overhyped and advertised poorly (should have been “in engine” instead of “gameplay”). Lacked big multiplat titles. Think we can all agree on that. 

100%.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, the game selection was really strong. Almost everything they showed is something I'd play. On the other hand, I didn't follow the news closely enough, so I expected it to include first-party announcements. Imagine my disappointment when Halo Infinite was conspicuously missing from the show.

Still, I think any "next-gen" intro needs some kind of showcase. Something that really stands out as not being possible on current systems. Unfortunately we didn't get any of that, so it doesn't really feel like we've seen next-gen yet. Cyberpunk 2077 and The Last of Us II both look more impressive than anything shown here. They could have at least included a tech demo or something, although that might've gone against the whole idea of the event.

Not looking too good as public reception goes. I will say a couple of those games looked interesting, but nothing screamed "next gen game that needs a $500+ 12 Tflops console to play."

Woops, wrong thread

thismeintiel said:

Not looking too good as public reception goes. I will say a couple of those games looked interesting, but nothing screamed "next gen game that needs a $500+ 12 Tflops console to play."

It was way worse yesterday. It was taken down and reuploaded yesterday to erase the initial downvotes. The first vid was 3 times worse.