By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
setsunatenshi said:

Can you please clarify that statement? You have a 120HZ - 4k monitor? I'm not talking about price of 4k tvs by themselves, i'm talking about both 4k AND 120Hz together. If so, which monitor exactly did you buy, I'm curious now.

Aside from that, again, you seem to have 2 different standards here. So MS has shown the exact same number of next gen games as Sony did (zero), the difference being that Xbox has hyped an event that was supposed to show those, Sony hasn't.

I didn't say Sony has 2 gigantic studios, I said they have 2 gigantic first party releases by the time Xbox even has this July event (LoU2 and GoT). If history is any indication, you're much better off concerning yourself with the MS first party output as Sony has been running laps around them all generation long.

If someone asked me if you're concern trolling, I would have a tough time saying no at this point.

But again, what does Sony have to do with this whole discussion? All the games we've seen yesterday are cross platform titles, so how do you count this as a win of MS?

Actually MS has 3 to Sony’s 0. Halo Infinite, Project Mara, and Hellblade 2. Sure we didn’t see gameplay, but we know the games exist and have seen trailers. Sony fans just have rumours of games coming. That’s a difference I think you should acknowledge. 

Im more surprised Sony is using up two of their best studios on PS4 only, I think it’s wasted potential. Should have made them launch PS5 titles. This way Xbox is more likely to have better launch games. And I’d be more concerned with your own community tearing itself apart when LOU2 releases. Either you love the game and ND or you are a bigot for disagreeing, I don’t envy that storm when it hits. 

It’s a minor win in that it’s something. And I’ll take something over painful silence any day. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 08 May 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Otter said:
dane007 said:

That won't happen as ps4 has a huge install base. They won't abandon 108 million of those for at least 1 to 2 years into next gen. 

This has always been the case with new generations. Wasn't PS3 at 80m when PS4 launched, still plenty of year 1 exclusives to throw around. Same with Xbox 360 > Xbox One. 

Microsoft is more inclined to make everything cross gen because they are building a future more heavily dependent on services, which also has to take into account the PC market which will range from Monster rigs to modest laptops. I'm sure the more recent release on Xbox One X and its higher price tag has also made them uncomfortable with with the prospect of releasing anything exclusive to series X. Sony however has still stressed their belief in traditional generations, they don't have to worry about PC and the Pro is 4 years old this year and was never sold at a massive premium, so users shouldn't feel so burned.

Although I think we will see some 1st party cross gen from Sony I think we will also have day one exclusives and several throughout its first year.

Don't know how many ps3 was at the start of ps4 launch. The games as u mentioned were all first party for launch ps4 and there weren't many at launch as I got the ps4 at launch. I ended up choosing kill one as my launch game. Same with xbox one. There weren't many first party exclusive as I got ryse as my launch game and then I got blackflag which was cross gen lol. I am sure Ms will have some first party exclusive to series x. I mean we have 1 third party which is medium according to the developer.

I don't think Ms is worried as they have gamepass and that has brought alot of revenue for them and its now available on pc as well.  I read the interview about medium and chorus and they said they can't wait to utilise the upgrade in hardware to enhance the game. For chorus it will use hard ware upgrade to provide visual and Res enhancements over current gen. 

I can't wait till Sony show their hand. I am. Waiting patiently hehe

Not impressed at all by the games, I would say it was ok, but... Really I was expecting much more next-gen amazing graphics, actual in-game raytracing, more realistic vibes from characters and animations. As usual, game developers will need time to squeeze the hardware and the 12 tflops it can generate. Also, speaking of gameplay, there were nothing new or interesting IMO.

Sony, my eyes are on you now. :)

For XB sake I hope this is MS being strategic and keeping PS from seeing their big guns too early, otherwise it's going to be a long two years.

setsunatenshi said:
dane007 said:

I have 4k 144hz for my pc and I have standard 51.inch 4k hdr TV which I use for my consoles.

This is the monitor that I have

https://www.amazon.com/Swift-PG27UQ-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07F1VGGLK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=4k+120hz+monitor&qid=1588924822&sr=8-3

Medium is a next gen game as its developed for series x and pc according to the developer talk on euro gamer.  Same with chorus. It will come out for next gen.  Alot of these games will utilise next gen hardware to show next gen graphics.

Ah sorry for reading that wrong. I know those two are coming out but they will re-release it for next gen as that's what happened with last of us. I will wait for ps5 version of last of us 2. Same for Got. It will be re-release for ps5 to utilise the hardware. 

To each it's own but for me the last time I used my ps4 was god of war which was an amazing game and I actually platinum it. The others game that came after didn't really fancy my taste so its being collecting dust. Being doing alot of gaming on xbox on x due to gamepass and third party looking better on it :). I am looking forward to ps5 as there games that can benefit from a rerelease on a stronger hardware. 

I think you just proved my point, a 27in monitor to the specs we were discussing is the same price as a current high end desktop. Now let's see these specs on a 55+ in tv. 99% of the people are years away from being able to feel any benefits from 4K 120Hz. The people that clutch pearls at the thought of a $500+ console are not the market for this sort of display hardware, not when they maybe upgraded to a 4k tv in the past 2-3 years.

On the other points, if those games were MS exclusive, you can bet any amount of money MS would have put bold letters "Console Exclusive" on the presentation. Let's consider why they didn't...

On the 2 games, I don't know if they re-release or not, it's not even being argued here. It was just to illustrate that there are really big 1st party titles coming out right now from Sony, so there's no reason for concern that the future titles haven't been shown yet. Pretty sure that come July Sony will also have their blowout, same as MS.

I don't have any particular comments on the preferences, I respect your taste in games and won't argue that at all. I think the main point I was bringing was the disappointment at the hype MS put on yesterday's event, and had a terrible showing. Hopefully they can learn from it and next time I can see people holding some controllers in hand, playing a few minutes of a game on screen. 

I did say my pc monitor is 4k 144hz. That alone would be small. I don't have that for a TV but only when.more games use it and not just dirt 5. In that time I can use my monitor lol. But yes most people might not get it at start but I hear in alot of countries u can get a really cheap deal for 4k when there's black Friday sale. Perfect time to get both.

From memory it was shown for medium as that was the only third party exclusive. Rest wasn't lol. I know but if nd does what they did with last of us then they will for part 2. I can't wait. Wish I can time travel to July!

I am sure Ms will show more gameplay but they don't want to show all their hands before sony show theirs. That's just a guess. 

Around the Network

Sorry for double. Post. Internet problems

sales2099 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Can you please clarify that statement? You have a 120HZ - 4k monitor? I'm not talking about price of 4k tvs by themselves, i'm talking about both 4k AND 120Hz together. If so, which monitor exactly did you buy, I'm curious now.

Aside from that, again, you seem to have 2 different standards here. So MS has shown the exact same number of next gen games as Sony did (zero), the difference being that Xbox has hyped an event that was supposed to show those, Sony hasn't.

I didn't say Sony has 2 gigantic studios, I said they have 2 gigantic first party releases by the time Xbox even has this July event (LoU2 and GoT). If history is any indication, you're much better off concerning yourself with the MS first party output as Sony has been running laps around them all generation long.

If someone asked me if you're concern trolling, I would have a tough time saying no at this point.

But again, what does Sony have to do with this whole discussion? All the games we've seen yesterday are cross platform titles, so how do you count this as a win of MS?

Actually MS has 3 to Sony’s 0. Halo Infinite, Project Mara, and Hellblade 2. Sure we didn’t see gameplay, but we know the games exist and have seen trailers. Sony fans just have rumours of games coming. That’s a difference I think you should acknowledge. 

Sony has Godfall

With gameplay

SKMBlake said:
sales2099 said:

Sony has Godfall

With gameplay

I meant first party. Still officially at 0. If we talking 3rd party Xbox has The Medium, Scorn, Call of Sea, The Ascent  which aren’t on PS5. But even then Godfall looks like a solid 70s metascore. Good but nothing special. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.