By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101

Nothing really made me think "thats next gen".
That said, was happy to see what they showed of "Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2".

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
dane007 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-07-layers-of-fear-dev-bloober-talks-its-xbox-series-x-survival-horror-throwback-the-medium

Hope this link works. We don't know if the other two will be like the one yesterday. The next one is all about the system. The games you saw apart from medium are all multiplatform titles. It will probably look the same on all consoles. 

They were just giving third party a chance to showcase what they have. Some don't get a chance to have that kind of exposure. 

This link works.   I checked a third site and it said Series X and PC only.  Looks like my first link was wrong.  I'll bump the presentation up to two since it actually showed 2 exclusives from what I can tell.  2 out of 10 (still not too great)

Yaay that's awesome. I just saw the updates on vgchartz home page and apparently scorn, call of the sea, scarlet nexus, ascent and the Fps extinction are also exclusive to xbox. I didn't expect that at all. I thought it was just medium and the rest are multiplatform. 

JRPGfan said:
That said, was happy to see what they showed of "Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2".

The only game that I thought look next gen was bright memory. Impressive how its made by one guy! 

Interesting. According to vgchartz homepage, there's also scarlet nexus, ascent, extinction and call of the sea that are exclusives to xbox. I wasn't expecting that at all :). Good to see Ms investing into more exclusive games. 

Ryuu96 said:
dane007 said:

Medium is the only one that was confirmed. There's an interview article with the developers and they said its xbox series x exclusive and PC. 

Scorn is as well and it seems Microsoft is investing money into it unlike Medium.

Why Microsoft and why Xbox Series X exclusivity?

The authenticity of the game and being able to develop it as we conceptualized it is the highest priority. Before deciding to partner with Microsoft we made sure that they will not have any influence over the game's concept and development process. They were more than cooperative in that regard. The only thing they were interested in was exclusivity rights. Once all that was agreed upon it was a no brainer decision when you look at all the benefits Scorn will get from this partnership, from additional resources to much bigger exposure(marketing). It will certainly help us make Scorn a better, polished game in the end.

Will Scorn be released on the previous generation of consoles?

No. We really don't want to spend development time on what would from a technical standpoint (900p resolution, frame rates dipping below 30fps) be a sub-par version of the game and overall not a good experience.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/2830766

dane007 said:
JRPGfan said:

The only game that I thought look next gen was bright memory. Impressive how its made by one guy! 

I didnt even know about them holding this "first look" for xbox series x gameplay thingy.
So I just watched it now, and jumped though alot of it (basically anytime it wasnt a trailer for a game).

Maybe its just because I dont care that much for xbox things, but this was like a "outta the blue" sort of deal for me.
Just randomly saw the thread for it, now... to learn they showed this off yesterday.

I hope sony doesnt do it the same way.
You need to get attention, if your going to show off your console and what its capable off (I think).
With no E3 this year, and consoles launching, you need to get these events "right", to make sure they have impact.
Usually all the sites and journalists do most of that work for the companies, but probably not this year.

Around the Network

Thanks for that. Ah algd. Thought u may watched it :) 

CGI-Quality said:
dane007 said:

What did u think of the inside xbox show yesterday? 

Please use the multi-quote feature. :)

As for the show, I didn't catch it, but I usually don't watch them.

Tha

thismeintiel said:

Not looking too good as public reception goes. I will say a couple of those games looked interesting, but nothing screamed "next gen game that needs a $500+ 12 Tflops console to play."

The funny thing is that when you look at each game trailer separately, people actually seemed to like those games independently. It seems the issue begins when they put all the trailers together in a MS video.

https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/05/08/the-ascent-12-minutes-of-next-gen-gameplay-ign-first

Looks like the trailer whick looked amazing

Last edited by dane007 - on 09 May 2020

dane007 said:
JRPGfan said:

No. It's coming to PS4 and Xbox One. It's not next-gen looking at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
dane007 said:

No. It's coming to PS4 and Xbox One. It's not next-gen looking at all.

What was shown in trailer can't be done on current consoles and it will be Ray traced and 4k 60fps. That also not possible. Non infinite version is already out on pc which the current console may use.