By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Presents First Look At Xbox Series X Gameplay" - Let's Rate Inside Xbox Show

Tagged games:

Rate the shows

Legendary 3 2.97%

Amaizing 6 5.94%

Great 5 4.95%

It's OK 38 37.62%

It's bad 49 48.51%

Total:101
dane007 said:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/05/08/the-ascent-12-minutes-of-next-gen-gameplay-ign-first

Looks like the trailer whick looked amazing

Doesn't look next-gen graphically and the gameplay looks like a sluggish version of Nex Machina which is possibly the best twin-stick shooter ever made. So meh.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
dane007 said:

https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/05/08/the-ascent-12-minutes-of-next-gen-gameplay-ign-first

Looks like the trailer whick looked amazing

Doesn't look next-gen graphically and the gameplay looks like a sluggish version of Nex Machina which is possibly the best twin-stick shooter ever made. So meh.

Fair enough but there's alot detail and enemies on screen and lots of explosion. Df praise the look of acent praising the level of geometry detail and the amount of stuff going on. It's still far away from completion so there's time to improve. Plus I hear it will be 4k 60fps with Ray tracing. 

The show was disappointing, it doesn't set the "bar" of what next-gen games will be, it didn't showcase new and unique experiences of what we can expect.
I never expected 4k, 120fps like some people hype the Xbox as capable of doing, heck, I don't even expect 4k, 60fps with Ray Tracing... But I do expect more than what was showcased.

Not a single game in that show actually interested me besides Assassins Creed: Valhalla. Which wasn't even in-game footage... And will be on every platform anyway.

Microsoft is taking onboard the large amount of criticism being thrown their way, so I would assume they will work to make some positive change going forth... But this was their opportunity to showcase what next-gen was all about and get everyone hyping up everything Xbox... And they failed hardcore on all fronts.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

dane007 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Yeah 4K tvs are affordable, however not 4K + HDR + 120+Hz. It will be a few years until they are if we're being honest and I guess both of us are fringe cases. I would love to spend $1k+ on a new console every generation to assure it's as powerful as it can be, but the masses seem to be allergic to $400 and above kind of prices, while paying 3 times that for a phone every 2 years or so. It is what it is unfortunately...

Yea I wouldnt know what the cost for that would be. I know in nz 4k + hdr tvs are super cheap.  Same I love technology and always gets excited when new generation of Consoles arrive. Yea exactly. It doesn't make sense but it happens. Are u going to get both next gen Console? 

To be honest probably won't get the new Xbox, there are usually very few MS exclusives that capture my interest (I got FH4), but with them releasing on PC, I would only really get them there. It's really the best move, consumer wise, that MS has done and I commend them for it. However it doesn't leave any incentive to get their hardware when you are a PC gamer.

I'll flip the question around at you though, if you've got some nice PC, are you compelled to get the new Xbox when it releases? 

setsunatenshi said:
dane007 said:

Yea I wouldnt know what the cost for that would be. I know in nz 4k + hdr tvs are super cheap.  Same I love technology and always gets excited when new generation of Consoles arrive. Yea exactly. It doesn't make sense but it happens. Are u going to get both next gen Console? 

To be honest probably won't get the new Xbox, there are usually very few MS exclusives that capture my interest (I got FH4), but with them releasing on PC, I would only really get them there. It's really the best move, consumer wise, that MS has done and I commend them for it. However it doesn't leave any incentive to get their hardware when you are a PC gamer.

I'll flip the question around at you though, if you've got some nice PC, are you compelled to get the new Xbox when it releases? 

Fair enough. To answer your questions it depends on how strong my pc is. My still pc still has i7 5960k cpu and 980 4gb graphics card with 16gb ddr 2600mhz ram. So with that at most I will get with current games is 1080p 30fps at high settings and some games very high and it some games 60fps

However if I want 4k at high or very high settings or 4k 30fps, 60fps or 120fps and even Ray tracing in games than my pc can't do it so I will get xbox series x. You add game pass to it and a 4k blu Ray player then it's a no brainer for me. That's because to get that on a pc will cost more than 2 new gen xbox in nz lol. The price of the upgrading pc I can both next gen console at least. Not only that when third party games would probably be bets played on it. 

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

Man, what is with this obsession some people have with the word "AAA" and acting like a game only matters if it's either that or a certain genre and that anything else immediately doesn't count and is "lesser" as a result. This is the same thing with people who constantly shit on Xbox first party games but then conveniently leave out Forza Horizon 3 & 4 because they're "just racing games" as if that makes them somehow not equal or the same level as others?

The fact that there are so many hilariously dumb hot takes like "they were all only smaller games", "just AA games", "indie games", etc.... literally based on what? Because they actually bothered to show different genres and have actual variety in the games they showed instead of constant 3rd Person Story Driven Single Player Games(TM)? or whatever people wanna define as "AAA" now? (I mention that one specifically because it's obviously what a lot of people think about when they mention AAA now". Does knowing that Bright Memory Infinite is being developed by one person somehow affect your ability to enjoy it or look at it critically? Are people not allowed to be excited for The Ascent because god forbid it's a shoot em up and that inherently makes it lesser or smaller somehow? We could get a fucking remaster of Cars: The Video Game from 2006 (which I would buy day one), which can easily be a huge game for some people because what's what they're all meant to do: appeal to different people and not just only have one certain one as "the big one". Now that Xbox is trying to showcase variety to show how there's something for everyone it's a problem? At one point people (probably the same people) complained that Xbox had TOO MUCH of the same stuff.

The immediate dismissal of some of these just because they aren't all the same thing is so disgusting, and I truly feel bad for anyone who thinks this way unironically.

The show wasn't great, they definitely messed up the messaging by saying it was gameplay then showing almost nothing but trailers, but I really liked the variety of the games they showed and I would gladly take shows like this more than ones that just have all the same shit, and it's absurd that people are acting like that's a bad thing. I really liked Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, those were probably the highlights for me. You couldn't pay me to play Scorn though, that shit would make me feel sick. 

It’s unfortunate that with PS4s install base that they control the narrative, and that is their standard is applied to Xbox. 

Almost every major PS4 exclusive you see thrown around online follows the exact same road map: AAA, Single player, third person, story driven, action adventure. Very homogeneous. Different gameplay of course but you get the idea. 

That’s why “racers don’t count”. That’s why different genres don’t count. That’s why small scale titles don’t count. They aren’t the same genre and budget they are used to over and over and thus isn’t worth their time. It’s extremely flawed thinking and very frustrating. I’m all for Xbox getting more AAA but following the cookie cutter PS exclusive formula is NOT what I want. Genre diversity is a strength Xbox has and should keep it. 

Good news is that the narrative can change. If the games are good the metascore will speak for itself and people will jump on board. Between all devices the Xbox ecosystem touches, its reach can make a difference if next gen launches well. 

❌ BANNEDIgnored Mod Warning ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 09 May 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

dane007 said:
setsunatenshi said:

Fair enough. To answer your questions it depends on how strong my pc is. My still pc still has i7 5960k cpu and 980 4gb graphics card with 16gb ddr 2600mhz ram. So with that at most I will get with current games is 1080p 30fps at high settings and some games very high and it some games 60fps

However if I want 4k at high or very high settings or 4k 30fps, 60fps or 120fps and even Ray tracing in games than my pc can't do it so I will get xbox series x. You add game pass to it and a 4k blu Ray player then it's a no brainer for me. That's because to get that on a pc will cost more than 2 new gen xbox in nz lol. The price of the upgrading pc I can both next gen console at least. Not only that when third party games would probably be bets played on it. 

Now I have a serious follow up question... you got that 4k high refresh rate monitor you showed a few posts back which costs north of $1k, but you're using a gtx 980 and a 5960k cpu?

My question is... why? o.0

Did you just randomly win it on some game show? I was assuming you'd have a high end pc to go with it, so what am I missing something here?

setsunatenshi said:
dane007 said:

Now I have a serious follow up question... you got that 4k high refresh rate monitor you showed a few posts back which costs north of $1k, but you're using a gtx 980 and a 5960k cpu?

Did you just randomly win it on some game show? I was assuming you'd have a high end pc to go with it, so what am I missing something here?

I won as a prize at my work. Been waiting for a chance to utilise fully lol. I did have in mind to upgrade my  pc and wanted to make a jump from 980 to rtx titan card. So far those cards are not available to buy in nz lol. My pc was high end at one stage 🤣. In fact people at vgchartz helped me build my current pc with their advice :). 

dane007 said:
setsunatenshi said:

I won as a prize at my work. Been waiting for a chance to utilise fully lol. I did have in mind to upgrade my  pc and wanted to make a jump from 980 to rtx titan card. So far those cards are not available to buy in nz lol. My pc was high end at one stage 🤣. In fact people at vgchartz helped me build my current pc with their advice :). 

:O

ok, i thought i was kind of joking about getting it as a prize but apparently that was the case indeed. yeah those monitors are extremely expensive, so you definitely need to invest some serious cash to make use of them. turns out even the games shown will not be aiming at 4k, 120Hz and ray tracing... assassins creed isn't even 4k 60 now

btw friendly advice, don't buy titan cards for gaming, that's not what they are for. wait for ampere if you're deadset on staying nvidia and wait for the 3080 or 3080 ti if you really want to go all in

setsunatenshi said:
dane007 said:

:O

ok, i thought i was kind of joking about getting it as a prize but apparently that was the case indeed. yeah those monitors are extremely expensive, so you definitely need to invest some serious cash to make use of them. turns out even the games shown will not be aiming at 4k, 120Hz and ray tracing... assassins creed isn't even 4k 60 now

btw friendly advice, don't buy titan cards for gaming, that's not what they are for. wait for ampere if you're deadset on staying nvidia and wait for the 3080 or 3080 ti if you really want to go all in

Lol I know. I was shocked when I received it 😂. I remember few years back they gave me a brand new note 3 phone as a prize 😂. Yea they are not cheap. The only game to target 120hz is dirt 5 atm. Ac will never have 120hz unless u have cgi pc lol. 

Ah okay. I was thinking of titan card because of its graphics ram.  Titan cards usually have the highest amount. I know Ray trace is a memory hog and to have all the bells and whiste u need a beefy card. 4gb card these days are not enough lol.

Thanks for the advice. Will wait for that. Been following the pc threads on here when I am not logged in lol. Hopefully by then Ray tracing becomes the norm and it won't be such a memory hog. I want my pc to make a big enough jump to last another 5 to 6 years at least lol.