By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

I sure as hell hope they have more than just one significant new game (paper mario) in the second half.

But but but.... aren’t all these games significantly new to NSW owners??? ;)

that said I do hope for 2 mid tier new games for sept-Nov. but I have no idea what they can be

Nope, I'm a Switch owner and Pikmin 3, 3D World, etc are not new to me.

I just hope there is something for me this year as I'm not into Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Nintendo could be leaving me high and dry and relying entirely on patchy third party support to get me through 2020.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

that said I do hope for 2 mid tier new games for sept-Nov. but I have no idea what they can be

I just hope there is something for me this year as I'm not into Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Nintendo could be leaving me high and dry and relying entirely on patchy third party support to get me through 2020.

Me too, I’m just saying in terms of most NSW owners. That said paper Mario I’ll pick up (already played XC on Wii and AC one of the only franchises I’m not into) but I do hope for something good. As for SM3DW it’s the only game I’m actually hoping for a sequel but i love the original so if it’s a huge deluxe I’ll pick it up

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Me too, I’m just saying in terms of most NSW owners. That said paper Mario I’ll pick up (already played XC on Wii and AC one of the only franchises I’m not into) but I do hope for something good. As for SM3DW it’s the only game I’m actually hoping for a sequel but i love the original so if it’s a huge deluxe I’ll pick it up

The only games on my to-get list this year are 3 from third parties; Doom Eternal, Outer Worlds, Blair Witch. Really hope more are revealed going forwards.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Unless the virus had a huge impact, I don't see a remaster collection and a port being the big holiday titles.

Nintendo has never relied on ports to carry them over the holidays. They most likely have something else planned, else they wouldn't have released Paper Mario in July and would have probably released it around September/October.

Ninty usually release 1 game every 4-6 weeks  once May/June starts.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
curl-6 said:

Unless the virus had a huge impact, I don't see a remaster collection and a port being the big holiday titles.

Nintendo has never relied on ports to carry them over the holidays. They most likely have something else planned, else they wouldn't have released Paper Mario in July and would have probably released it around September/October.

Ninty usually release 1 game every 4-6 weeks  once May/June starts.

I really hope with the pandemic on they are still able to deliver a decent second half; Paper Mario is an encouraging sign.

I'm not expecting any miracles like BOTW2 or Bayonetta 3 but something new that's good quality and to my tastes would be nice.

Around the Network

Have we apologized to the guy who had made a prediction here 2 years ago that BotW would beat Mario O in sales ?

Amnesia said:

Have we apologized to the guy who had made a prediction here 2 years ago that BotW would beat Mario O in sales ?

That was certainly a bold prediction that panned out. What do you think the chances are of an Odyssey to launching before the Switch 2?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
Amnesia said:

That was certainly a bold prediction that panned out. What do you think the chances are of an Odyssey to launching before the Switch 2?

I dunno about the chances, but I would do terrible, terrible things for an Odyssey successor on Switch. The team is coming up on 3 years since I hope to god they haven't had to squander their time and talent on the rumored 3D Mario remasters instead of a new game.

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

No, they don't. For example, Astral Chain wasn't mentioned until its second quarter had ended, because it took the game this long to ship 1m+.

... You say that and yet I think I'll go take a look at those Q2 2019 documents. I'm sure we did get confirmation in October that Astral Chain did ship 1M by then.

We didn't it was in January we got confirmation.

curl-6 said:
StuOhQ said:

I dunno about the chances, but I would do terrible, terrible things for an Odyssey successor on Switch. The team is coming up on 3 years since I hope to god they haven't had to squander their time and talent on the rumored 3D Mario remasters instead of a new game.

I doubt they work on those, doesn’t seem likely at all, unless they changed up a lot which I also doubt. Maybe they worked on SM3DW2 ;)