By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

You mentioned it first, not me.

As far as I recall you said I was lying, then changed to they are lying.

What I said is that it would end up making more parts than 3. And how would he be lying about it if he never said how many parts we are going to see?

Nope, your posts: "many of us expect 3 parts so I have no idea of it would be a lie" and "You said "so what you told me originally are not true" means I was lying, and know you changed to I was told a lie by SE. They are totally different stuff"

You are the one who mentioned it first, not me. I said: ''what you told me originally are not true'', not "you told me a lie" since you don't really understand Square's track record. And if i was them, i would have made FFVIIR into 20 parts for maximum money. Remake/Reboot/Sequel or whatever, as long as it's name is Final Fantasy VII, their fans will still come and buy it anyway. 

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 04 May 2020

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

What I said is that it would end up making more parts than 3. And how would he be lying about it if he never said how many parts we are going to see?

Nope, your posts: "many of us expect 3 parts so I have no idea of it would be a lie" and "You said "so what you told me originally are not true" means I was lying, and know you changed to I was told a lie by SE. They are totally different stuff"

You are the one who mentioned it first, not me. I said: ''what you told me originally are not true'', not "you told me a lie" since you don't really understand Square's track record. And if i was them, i would have made FFVIIR into 20 parts for maximum money. Remake/Reboot/Sequel or whatever, as long as it's name is Final Fantasy VII, their fans will still come and buy it anyway. 

My first post on the thread: It would make it harder to make each part self-contained and feeling like a full game.

Your post that started the lying trend:

So what you told me originally are not true? At first, people think FFVIIR will be 3 parts, but now, it will be 6 parts or more?

Even then, you claimed each part is a $60 game will a lot contents, now they expand it into even more parts = more full $60 games, so why worry? A lot more full contents $60 games to play (6,7,8, or even 10 games), you should be happy about this, right?

So don`t try to put yourself out of it. Read what you wrote and say there is no implication of lying when not telling the truth while not spinning with semantic. No post of mine prior to yours said anything in this regard. They were all on saying IF they cut the game smaller it would be hard to make a full game and would likely tend to have more than the 3 parts we were expecting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

That is a IF, thus why I also used if.

Considering Square's track record, that would be a very small "if" unless they want each episode takes several years to come out.

What track record? What game have they made that was split in parts the way FF VII R is?

And just to make this clear: They haven't said future parts will be smaller than Part 1. They said that if they make future parts big, then it would take a longer time for them to come out, but if they make it smaller, then they can release faster. Part 1 was one such smaller part.

But I suspect even my explanation will be lost in translation for you.

BraLoD said:
Final Fantasy 7.
Buy in it 7 parts.
All full prices.
Finishes on PS7.

You Legend of Dragoon fans have it so easy. The remake costs literally 0$ and doesn't even come in parts.

That's bad news, I thought once I am done with Midgar the game will open up like the original and it won't be as narrow and straight lines as the 1st part
But I don't think this team is actually willing to make a complete RPG experience, all they care about is story telling so they build narrow games to keep focus on story, don't think this game series suits me anymore

Around the Network
miqdadi said:
That's bad news, I thought once I am done with Midgar the game will open up like the original and it won't be as narrow and straight lines as the 1st part
But I don't think this team is actually willing to make a complete RPG experience, all they care about is story telling so they build narrow games to keep focus on story, don't think this game series suits me anymore

Midgar was narrow and linear in the original. They actually opened it up quite a bit in the remake.

And Nomura already stated that the next game will be more open. It was actually among the reasons why they decided to have the first part focus entirely on Midgar. Because the world design greatly changes once the player has access to the world map, so they decided it was better to have the first game be one style, and leave the other style for the next part so it can be better explored and fleshed out.

I just hope all of our character levels and weapons, accessories, materia etc. transfers over.

V-r0cK said:
I just hope all of our character levels and weapons, accessories, materia etc. transfers over.

Realistically, how would that work? With the likes of the Gotterdammerung, and the possibility of having fully leveled HP plus and MP plus materias from the very beginning, giving you 9999 HP right away, I don't see them giving the player the ability to start Part 2 in such an OP fashion.

They might come up with a way to have you transfer stuff over, but I don't think you'll start at level 50 with every materia and weapons maxed out, if you had all that in Part 1.

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

Until that, it is all speculation so no reason to call anyone a liar.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Gotta say who called who a liar is very uninteresting.  Just clarify your respective positions on the actual issue, and go from there if need be,

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

My first post on the thread: It would make it harder to make each part self-contained and feeling like a full game.

Your post that started the lying trend:

So what you told me originally are not true? At first, people think FFVIIR will be 3 parts, but now, it will be 6 parts or more?

Even then, you claimed each part is a $60 game will a lot contents, now they expand it into even more parts = more full $60 games, so why worry? A lot more full contents $60 games to play (6,7,8, or even 10 games), you should be happy about this, right?

So don`t try to put yourself out of it. Read what you wrote and say there is no implication of lying when not telling the truth while not spinning with semantic. No post of mine prior to yours said anything in this regard. They were all on saying IF they cut the game smaller it would be hard to make a full game and would likely tend to have more than the 3 parts we were expecting.

Because you don't really see how Square will handle this game, so what you claimed isn't true anymore, but i don't said that you lied. Where did i said "you lied"? And to make faster parts, the only choice is making smaller parts, but it will be more than 3 episodes.

Hynad said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Considering Square's track record, that would be a very small "if" unless they want each episode takes several years to come out.

What track record? What game have they made that was split in parts the way FF VII R is?

And just to make this clear: They haven't said future parts will be smaller than Part 1. They said that if they make future parts big, then it would take a longer time for them to come out, but if they make it smaller, then they can release faster. Part 1 was one such smaller part.

But I suspect even my explanation will be lost in translation for you.

Square almost always took several years for a game to come out, to make each episode way faster, just reduce a lot of contents for the next part to make it smaller, but there will be more than 3 parts in that case.