By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

A203D said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Since the beginning, i already had no interest for an incomplete story, especially for a JRPG. I only speak for FFVII fans who defend this remake a lot when it was announced that the game will be episodic since 2015. They told us the truth long ago anyway.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3798137/+40

As a fan myself I honestly don't have an issue with the multi-part release. Having played the game I'm now glad they did it that way. They've told a deeper story and I've enjoyed the Midgar section so much I feel they were right to put this level of effort in this first act.

You know Mass Effect is similar, its a single story told over three games, so are the first three Assassin's Creed games. So I feel its disaapointing people can't see how much effort Square Enix have gone to with this first part.

With regards to The Witcher 3. I personally didn't think it was a great game; I felt it was 6.5-7/10. I think its no where near the level of FF7R or something like God of War (2018) and I haven't even played Nier Automata or Persona 5 yet.

None of those exams are remakes of the original games you know. FFVIIR is a remake of the original game on ps1, that is why i will only pay $20 for each part if it's 3 parts. If it is 6 parts then $10 each, and if it is even more than that, then i will wait for the complete edition and a sale. There are games which deserved to be bought at launch for full $60, but not this game, with the way Square is handling it.

Around the Network

They’re only just thinking about this now? :-/

DonFerrari said:
theRepublic said:

When exactly was that interview done? It makes it sound like they haven't planned out the rest of the games to follow. That is worrying. Same problem the new Star Wars trilogy had. At least they already have the story framework from the original game.

George Lucas said he already had the whole 9 movies or so in mind when he released the 4 (first one)

Yeah but when Disney bought the license that all went out the window and it's very clear Disney had no idea where their trilogy was headed.

Signature goes here!

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

So if you have no interest in the game what are you doing in this and several other threads?

Because it is a JRPG, my most favorite genre no matter what, and i already told you, i will give each part $20 if it is only 3 parts. But if it is more than 3 parts, then i will wait till the complete edition come out.

The first game is 60 so you won't buy. So the news wouldn't really concern you until the last game comes around in don't know how many years plus a few years for the price to come down or they release a collection with all the games.

TruckOSaurus said:
DonFerrari said:

George Lucas said he already had the whole 9 movies or so in mind when he released the 4 (first one)

Yeah but when Disney bought the license that all went out the window and it's very clear Disney had no idea where their trilogy was headed.

Hey I was joking, because people that follow SW more closely say that this is pure BS from George Lucas, and that he had no idea for the story except the one movie he made.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

HoangNhatAnh said:
A203D said:

As a fan myself I honestly don't have an issue with the multi-part release. Having played the game I'm now glad they did it that way. They've told a deeper story and I've enjoyed the Midgar section so much I feel they were right to put this level of effort in this first act.

You know Mass Effect is similar, its a single story told over three games, so are the first three Assassin's Creed games. So I feel its disaapointing people can't see how much effort Square Enix have gone to with this first part.

With regards to The Witcher 3. I personally didn't think it was a great game; I felt it was 6.5-7/10. I think its no where near the level of FF7R or something like God of War (2018) and I haven't even played Nier Automata or Persona 5 yet.

None of those exams are remakes of the original games you know. FFVIIR is a remake of the original game on ps1, that is why i will only pay $20 for each part if it's 3 parts. If it is 6 parts then $10 each, and if it is even more than that, then i will wait for the complete edition and a sale. There are games which deserved to be bought at launch for full $60, but not this game, with the way Square is handling it.

Honestly, I feel that view is unfair. I have criticised Square Enix many times in the past, especially this team of Kitase, Toriyama and Nomura... But this game shows how much they have learned, listened, and have really improved as developers. Even though Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed were not remakes, there has been the same if not more work gone into FF7R as those games. Cloud alone must have double if not triple the amount of dialogue than all the dialogue of the first Assassin's Creed game. The amount of motion capture, animation, voice acting, editing is what you would expect from just one game, which is why I'm content this is one game and also glad in many ways it is one game.

I appreciate they could have cut a lot of things out and made this a replica of the original, but i'm glad they took this further than any of us could have dreamed.

Around the Network

I think its disgraceful that they released this "remake" and dont give the customer a roadmap. We dont even know how many parts there will be, if it will actually be completed, if it will be all on ps5 generation. And having nomura as the captain, well anything can happen.

A203D said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Honestly, I feel that view is unfair. I have criticised Square Enix many times in the past, especially this team of Kitase, Toriyama and Nomura... But this game shows how much they have learned, listened, and have really improved as developers. Even though Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed were not remakes, there has been the same if not more work gone into FF7R as those games. Cloud alone must have double if not triple the amount of dialogue than all the dialogue of the first Assassin's Creed game. The amount of motion capture, animation, voice acting, editing is what you would expect from just one game, which is why I'm content this is one game and also glad in many ways it is one game.

I appreciate they could have cut a lot of things out and made this a replica of the original, but i'm glad they took this further than any of us could have dreamed.

Other JRPG remakes could be done with just one game. FFVIIR is dividing into more and more parts to milk more money from the customers. It could be 10 parts, and $60 for each. I will wait till the complete edition come out, then get it on sale. Episode 1 was only 30 hour for the main plot of an incomplete story, not worth $60. I already made a comparison with Xenoblde 2 Torna, 30 hours to complete everything and cost $30 only. Still, this is very good for FFVIIR fans, they could play each part a lot sooner, and Square will get a lot more money for their next part. If I was them, i will divide FFVIIR into 20 parts ($60 for each) for maximum profit.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Because it is a JRPG, my most favorite genre no matter what, and i already told you, i will give each part $20 if it is only 3 parts. But if it is more than 3 parts, then i will wait till the complete edition come out.

The first game is 60 so you won't buy. So the news wouldn't really concern you until the last game comes around in don't know how many years plus a few years for the price to come down or they release a collection with all the games.

Um, but this news mean FFVIIR would be more than 3 parts, even 10 parts or more. At first, i want to buy the first part for $20 when people still believe it is 3 parts (though not completely sure, so i still wait for more information). And now, definitely not just 3 parts, 4 5 6 or even 10 parts, at this point, just wait for the complete edition and a sale.

HoangNhatAnh said:
A203D said:

Other JRPG remakes could be done with just one game. FFVIIR is dividing into more and more parts to milk more money from the customers. It could be 10 parts, and $60 for each. I will wait till the complete edition come out, then get it on sale. Episode 1 was only 30 hour for the main plot of an incomplete story, not worth $60. I already made a comparison with Xenoblde 2 Torna, 30 hours to complete everything and cost $30 only. Still, this is very good for FFVIIR fans, they could play each part a lot sooner, and Square will get a lot more money for their next part. If I was them, i will divide FFVIIR into 20 parts ($60 for each) for maximum profit.

DonFerrari said:

Um, but this news mean FFVIIR would be more than 3 parts, even 10 parts or more. At first, i want to buy the first part for $20 when people still believe it is 3 parts (though not completely sure, so i still wait for more information). And now, definitely not just 3 parts, 4 5 6 or even 10 parts, at this point, just wait for the complete edition and a sale.

Except so far no real number of parts was disclossed and the OP plus title was already dismissed as news because it is basically what was already said over 2 years or more. That they cut the game in smaller parts to allow faster shipment of the game. Not really that they are cutting it even smaller.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A203D said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I also expect them to release Part 1 on Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, and PS5 1 year from now, since we know it is 1 year timed exclusive. So we probably will have to wait 2 years for part 2. If it is a 2 year wait, I hope it is suitably large, only going from say Kalm to Mt. Corei after a 2 year wait would be disappointing, and mean that this remake will take until like 2028 to complete. Kalm to City of the Ancients would be ideal for part 2, a good cliffhanger ending. 

As a buisness I don't think Square Enix will take a risk of making more than three parts. If you look at the amount of people who finish a game they buy, it probably isn't 100% of people who buy FF7R will finish FF7R. Then even less people will buy the sequel and even less the more sequels you do until they are not worth making anymore. If you look at Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 was the most successful and then Batman Arkham City, also the second game, was also the most successul.

Even between FF13-2 and Lightning Returns there was a massive sales drop between the second and third game, although in the FF13 series the first game was the most successful. So I don't think they will take a risk of making more than three. They might do some spin offs and stuff after, but for the main story I think it will be three.

You know the thing I didn't agree with a lot of people about was how they said Midgar was 'only' the first 8 to 10 hours. Its 8 to 10 hours in length, but storywise there is immense story progression in Midgar. For example there are places in FF7 like the Mythril Cave and Mt Nibel. They take time to traverse, but hardly any story progression takes place in those dungeons. Midgar by comparasion is huge in terms of story progression. So hopefully the next one will be Kalm to City of the Ancients.

@bolded

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere ME3 was the most commercially successful of the series. It was at least on parity with ME2

The Fury said:
Save time on development? But they have everything done, battle system, sound track, character models. Just got to create, settings, get voice actors back in to record new dialogue and then the actual rest of FF7, as in the main plot, not Midgar which was basically just setting the scene in the original and wasn't important. 'Large parts of the story' original game was 1 game released in 1997 and was still well paced and near perfectly done, how much filler is he intending on adding? Will this become as convoluted as Kingdom Hearts?

Artwork is often the bit that can take the most amount of time in development. It's also probably the main reason the concentrated this entry on Midgar as the environmental artwork is very unique compared to the rest of the FFVII. The rest of the game is generally more similar in terms of more natural environments, but we still get some rather unique places such as the Gold Saucer, Cosmo Canyon and the City of the Ancients. Even if they only did the first continent that's already new assets for general continent, Kalm, the Chocobo farm, the cave systems, Fort Condor, Junon and the ship.

Also, they've already hinted quite heavily at some major new additions to the story. I suspect Yuffie is about to get a much chunkier storyline as are the wider Avalanche group.