By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

Next game is just the walk from Midgar to Kalm.

If they're going to make it smaller hopefully the price is smaller too.

Around the Network

Gonna be 7 Parts + Crisis Core DLC

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

He doesn’t say future parts will be smaller than the first one at all.

Last edited by Hynad - on 28 April 2020

shikamaru317 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Also gotta wonder if they'll add any new playable characters. To me that's one of the big turn offs of the game so far. I don't really like any of the current characters (except Barrett). The next game should add Red XIII as a fully playable character at least, but still, only 5 playable characters is pretty low for a JRPG. Kinda surprised they didn't make any of the other Avalanche members fully playable permanent party members, that would've been pretty cool, but alas.

Yeah, I agree with you that they should have made some of the Avalanche gang party members just for part 1, would have been cool to have Jessie on your party. 

Hmmmm, Red XIII joins in Cosmo Canyon doesn't he? Cosmo Canyon is 7 chapters from where remake part 1 ends, not sure if the next game will make it that far if future parts really will be smaller than part 1. I could see them adding Yuffie in part 2 for sure, I suspect that she will no longer be an optional party member and they will find a way to work her joining the party into the story. Possibly Cait Sith as well, depending on just how many chapters part 2 covers.

If Nomura was misquoted here and future remake parts are the same size as part 1, 6 chapters each, I would assume that we will get Yuffie and Cait Sith in part 2, Red XIII, Vincent, and Cid in Part 3.

If Jessie was a party member, her only ability would be to hit on Cloud.  Would not have been very useful.  

As for Red, he actually joins you in Midgar in the original.  Basically the point in this story where he joins you as a guest character.

Not much to read into this tbh, it doesnt necessarily say its gonna be "smaller", whatever that means. Smaller in scale perhaps? to speed up the process of making the game. I want to assume that for the open world aspect they'd take a different approach than what they did in part 1, by which I mean not linear and not divided into chapters. Works very well for the story-driven part 1, but a more open world exploration would be a better take for future parts IMO. But then it wouldnt be "smaller". Wouldnt mind if they change the playable characters or the main story more dramatically either.

Around the Network

It would make it harder to make each part self-contained and feeling like a full game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
It would make it harder to make each part self-contained and feeling like a full game.

Didn't many people already say each part would have still feel like a full game? 3 parts, 6 parts or even 10 parts, each part is still a full game and of course cost $60.

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

Didn't many people already say each part would have still feel like a full game? 3 parts, 6 parts or even 10 parts, each part is still a full game and of course cost $60.

The developer said that remake would be a full game, and may have implied all parts would (not sure of it), but if they cut it to small it will be hard to make each part a full.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

just say episodic content and be done with it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

The developer said that remake would be a full game, and may have implied all parts would (not sure of it), but if they cut it to small it will be hard to make each part a full.

I still remember some fans (including you) kept claiming that each part will be a full game with a lot of contents and totally worth $60 for each, right? So worry not, more parts, more games to play, and of course more money to pay too.