By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

I'm fine with it as long as each part feels of similar or more content/quality to part 1. Kalm to the end of the ship ride to next continent would a good nice junk(assuming it's not majorly different).

Around the Network
vivster said:

Who even says it's gonna follow the story of the original?

Yoshinori Kitase

In the future we will see threads as FFVII Remake Part VI>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FFVII Remake Part IX, the best thing you can say about FFVII Remake Part IX it wasn't that bad as FFVII Remake Part IV urgh worst game ever..

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I agree with you that they should have made some of the Avalanche gang party members just for part 1, would have been cool to have Jessie on your party. 

Hmmmm, Red XIII joins in Cosmo Canyon doesn't he? Cosmo Canyon is 7 chapters from where remake part 1 ends, not sure if the next game will make it that far if future parts really will be smaller than part 1. I could see them adding Yuffie in part 2 for sure, I suspect that she will no longer be an optional party member and they will find a way to work her joining the party into the story. Possibly Cait Sith as well, depending on just how many chapters part 2 covers.

If Nomura was misquoted here and future remake parts are the same size as part 1, 6 chapters each, I would assume that we will get Yuffie and Cait Sith in part 2, Red XIII, Vincent, and Cid in Part 3.

Red XIII joins in Midgar when they go through Shinra headquarters. He should have already been available as a party member. He briefly leaves your party when you get to Cosmo Canyon (for like 10 minutes) but then he comes back.

IIRC, Yuffie can be found right after you get a chocobo and go through the Mythril Mines, so it's possible Yuffie could join up in Part 2 since both Kalm and the Mythril Mines don't take up too much time.

Cait Sith though? Nah, no way. That would involve getting all the way to Gold Saucer which means, Kalm, Mythril Mines, Fort Condor, Junon, Costa Del Sol, and Mt. Corel would all be completed. If they are going to have the parts be smaller I'd assume that they would stop at Junon, as the fight with Jenova would make for a pretty good stopping point.

aka wow our sales were great let’s milk this as much as possible

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I personally hope that we will see Part 2 release within a year because I don't want to see this remake last all generation, but I also don't want part 2 to be too small, especially if they're going to charge full price for it. Ideal situation for part 2 would be chapters 7-18 (Kalm-City of the Ancients) even if it takes like 2 years, but if they can only manage about half that many chapters (buffed up with new content) I'll be happy as long as we don't have to wait more than a year.

We are demanding to much, we also need to consider all the worker that sacrifice on crunch. The Last of Us 2 problem is crunch, gamer demand a superb games while on times with the same price . We gamer demand too much for the industry. 

How many parts will this game have?  It's in the name.

"Final Fantasy.  7 Remakes."

JWeinCom said:

Next game is just the walk from Midgar to Kalm.

If they're going to make it smaller hopefully the price is smaller too.

That can't be right. From Midgar to Kalm is pretty much nothing, and even if they filled it with countless stuff compared to the OG game, it'd feel void. 

On that matter, I was really expecting three parts, to be honest. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

I still remember some fans (including you) kept claiming that each part will be a full game with a lot of contents and totally worth $60 for each, right? So worry not, more parts, more games to play, and of course more money to pay too.

Because that is what the developer pointed to.

And I just pointed that if they make smaller portions of the game then it will be harder to make each part a full game, so what are you trying to point to?

So what you told me originally are not true? At first, people think FFVIIR will be 3 parts, but now, it will be 6 parts or more?

Even then, you claimed each part is a $60 game will a lot contents, now they expand it into even more parts = more full $60 games, so why worry? A lot more full contents $60 games to play (6,7,8, or even 10 games), you should be happy about this, right?

Hynad said:
vivster said:

Who even says it's gonna follow the story of the original?

Yoshinori Kitase

Is he really trustworthy, though?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.