By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

My first post on the thread: It would make it harder to make each part self-contained and feeling like a full game.

Your post that started the lying trend:

So what you told me originally are not true? At first, people think FFVIIR will be 3 parts, but now, it will be 6 parts or more?

Even then, you claimed each part is a $60 game will a lot contents, now they expand it into even more parts = more full $60 games, so why worry? A lot more full contents $60 games to play (6,7,8, or even 10 games), you should be happy about this, right?

So don`t try to put yourself out of it. Read what you wrote and say there is no implication of lying when not telling the truth while not spinning with semantic. No post of mine prior to yours said anything in this regard. They were all on saying IF they cut the game smaller it would be hard to make a full game and would likely tend to have more than the 3 parts we were expecting.

Because you don't really see how Square will handle this game, so what you claimed isn't true anymore, but i don't said that you lied. Where did i said "you lied"? And to make faster parts, the only choice is making smaller parts, but it will be more than 3 episodes.

Hynad said:

What track record? What game have they made that was split in parts the way FF VII R is?

And just to make this clear: They haven't said future parts will be smaller than Part 1. They said that if they make future parts big, then it would take a longer time for them to come out, but if they make it smaller, then they can release faster. Part 1 was one such smaller part.

But I suspect even my explanation will be lost in translation for you.

Square almost always took several years for a game to come out, to make each episode way faster, just reduce a lot of contents for the next part to make it smaller, but there will be more than 3 parts in that case.

In case it was unclear, if you and Don want to keep arguing about who called who a liar, PM each other about it.  As far as this thread goes, it's over.  It's a personal matter between the two of you, and we don't need it derailing the thread.  

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
I just hope all of our character levels and weapons, accessories, materia etc. transfers over.

Unless they make part 2 focused on a different crew then it should, even more when they capped the maximum level on part 1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hynad said:
V-r0cK said:
I just hope all of our character levels and weapons, accessories, materia etc. transfers over.

Realistically, how would that work? With the likes of the Gotterdammerung, and the possibility of having fully leveled HP plus and MP plus materias from the very beginning, giving you 9999 HP right away, I don't see them giving the player the ability to start Part 2 in such an OP fashion.

They might come up with a way to have you transfer stuff over, but I don't think you'll start at level 50 with every materia and weapons maxed out, if you had all that in Part 1.

Yeah, I'm currently going through hard mode and leveling my weapons and materia and it's getting pretty clear that they won't be able to have everything carry over because you can get very OP. On the other hand, it would really suck (and make no sense) to start from scratch when Part II comes around.

One solution would be a hard mode available from the start to people who want to carry over their Part I files (maybe breaking the damage and HP caps) and a regular mode that allows you to start relatively from scratch (maybe with levels and materia equivalent to what you'd have in the original at that point).

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Hynad said:

Realistically, how would that work? With the likes of the Gotterdammerung, and the possibility of having fully leveled HP plus and MP plus materias from the very beginning, giving you 9999 HP right away, I don't see them giving the player the ability to start Part 2 in such an OP fashion.

They might come up with a way to have you transfer stuff over, but I don't think you'll start at level 50 with every materia and weapons maxed out, if you had all that in Part 1.

Yeah, I'm currently going through hard mode and leveling my weapons and materia and it's getting pretty clear that they won't be able to have everything carry over because you can get very OP. On the other hand, it would really suck (and make no sense) to start from scratch when Part II comes around.

One solution would be a hard mode available from the start to people who want to carry over their Part I files (maybe breaking the damage and HP caps) and a regular mode that allows you to start relatively from scratch (maybe with levels and materia equivalent to what you'd have in the original at that point).

Well they can also justify why your power is lower (like no one carry anything over, but let's say you start at level 30 as well would be an alternative) or you lost your equipment, etc.

Yakuza have a lot of sequels but they could justify you forgetting your specials and losing your OP. 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TruckOSaurus said:
Hynad said:

They could also do a re-balancing of the stuff you carry over. Like level 50 in Part 2 means you start with stats representing the cap in place for that game (which would result in overall lower stats). You keep everything you had, but their effect is slightly different to go in hand with whatever tweaks they'll have in place for the second iteration of the battle system. I don't know, that's how I'd like them to do it, personally, but we'll see how they handle it in 2-3 years, or whenever they start giving relevant info about Part2.

Around the Network

As long as they're not still $60 a pop

Hynad said:
TruckOSaurus said:

They could also do a re-balancing of the stuff you carry over. Like level 50 in Part 2 means you start with stats representing the cap in place for that game (which would result in overall lower stats). You keep everything you had, but their effect is slightly different to go in hand with whatever tweaks they'll have in place for the second iteration of the battle system. I don't know, that's how I'd like them to do it, personally, but we'll see how they handle it in 2-3 years, or whenever they start giving relevant info about Part2.

That's more or less how I think they'll handle it. Personally I think they may do it a bit like Mass Effect. If you played the previous game(s) you effectively got a starting boost for ME2/3 but still had to grow your party properly.

So if you're level 50 you might start on level 5 for part 2 and have a level 60 cap. Convert items collected to a lower but upgraded number of items (e.g. 99 Potions to 10 Hi-potions). Keep all your money but increase costs to purchase.

Maybe keep all your materia but it gets set back to a lower level with scope to further upgrade than in part 1. Or introduce Yuffie very early in part 2 and have her steal all your materia at the beginning so you have to start from scratch!