By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future FF7 Remake parts could be smaller than FF7R Part 1 to ensure a faster release schedule

Mar1217 said:
@DonFerrari
Yes, FFXV was released the year FF7R was announced. Though at that time the game was contracted to Cyber2Connect which we know didn't meet their expectations and finally got scrap.

And with FFXV being the highest seller so far and the remake being also quite expensive to make I don't think they will forfeit releasing FFXVI.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
A203D said:

I don't think it will be one year because the Xbox version will be released next year, with a possibility of a PC version to follow. I also think the plan is for this to be a PS5 series of games, so I feel they will release a PS5 remastered version when the Xbox version comes out next year. Thats what Rockstar did with GTA5 because GTA5 came out so late in the previous generation. I think it will be a year after that, so personally I think it will be two years between each game.

I also agree I feel the next game should be from Kalm to the City of Ancients. That gives them a whole game to flesh out everything they want, but still give the player a lot of content for one game.

Yeah, I also expect them to release Part 1 on Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, and PS5 1 year from now, since we know it is 1 year timed exclusive. So we probably will have to wait 2 years for part 2. If it is a 2 year wait, I hope it is suitably large, only going from say Kalm to Mt. Corei after a 2 year wait would be disappointing, and mean that this remake will take until like 2028 to complete. Kalm to City of the Ancients would be ideal for part 2, a good cliffhanger ending. 

As a buisness I don't think Square Enix will take a risk of making more than three parts. If you look at the amount of people who finish a game they buy, it probably isn't 100% of people who buy FF7R will finish FF7R. Then even less people will buy the sequel and even less the more sequels you do until they are not worth making anymore. If you look at Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 was the most successful and then Batman Arkham City, also the second game, was also the most successul.

Even between FF13-2 and Lightning Returns there was a massive sales drop between the second and third game, although in the FF13 series the first game was the most successful. So I don't think they will take a risk of making more than three. They might do some spin offs and stuff after, but for the main story I think it will be three.

You know the thing I didn't agree with a lot of people about was how they said Midgar was 'only' the first 8 to 10 hours. Its 8 to 10 hours in length, but storywise there is immense story progression in Midgar. For example there are places in FF7 like the Mythril Cave and Mt Nibel. They take time to traverse, but hardly any story progression takes place in those dungeons. Midgar by comparasion is huge in terms of story progression. So hopefully the next one will be Kalm to City of the Ancients.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Not really, just repeat the same words which you told me before to comfort you a bit.

"I have no idea of it would be a lie" correct, outside non-PS fans, no one would have thought that Square was lying. Well, companies lied to their fans all the times though. Even Nintendo too, when they said 3dsxl didn't exist then just announced it several months later.

This is very good though, fans will get and play each part a lot sooner and Square will get a lot more money for their next parts/games, a win-win situation.

You said "so what you told me originally are not true" means I was lying, and know you changed to I was told a lie by SE. They are totally different stuff.

And again you missed the "if".

But if you are happy to play more interactions of FF VIIR good for you if they make more.

Since the beginning, i already had no interest for an incomplete story, especially for a JRPG. I only speak for FFVII fans who defend this remake a lot when it was announced that the game will be episodic since 2015. They told us the truth long ago anyway.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3798137/+40

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

You said "so what you told me originally are not true" means I was lying, and know you changed to I was told a lie by SE. They are totally different stuff.

But if you are happy to play more interactions of FF VIIR good for you if they make more.

Since the beginning, i already had no interest for an incomplete story, especially for a JRPG. I only speak for FFVII fans who defend this remake a lot when it was announced that the game will be episodic since 2015. They told us the truth long ago anyway.

So if you have no interest in the game what are you doing in this and several other threads?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

As a fan myself I honestly don't have an issue with the multi-part release. Having played the game I'm now glad they did it that way. They've told a deeper story and I've enjoyed the Midgar section so much I feel they were right to put this level of effort in this first act.

You know Mass Effect is similar, its a single story told over three games, so are the first three Assassin's Creed games. So I feel its disaapointing people can't see how much effort Square Enix have gone to with this first part.

With regards to The Witcher 3. I personally didn't think it was a great game; I felt it was 6.5-7/10. I think its no where near the level of FF7R or something like God of War (2018) and I haven't even played Nier Automata or Persona 5 yet.

Around the Network
A203D said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I also expect them to release Part 1 on Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, and PS5 1 year from now, since we know it is 1 year timed exclusive. So we probably will have to wait 2 years for part 2. If it is a 2 year wait, I hope it is suitably large, only going from say Kalm to Mt. Corei after a 2 year wait would be disappointing, and mean that this remake will take until like 2028 to complete. Kalm to City of the Ancients would be ideal for part 2, a good cliffhanger ending. 

As a buisness I don't think Square Enix will take a risk of making more than three parts. If you look at the amount of people who finish a game they buy, it probably isn't 100% of people who buy FF7R will finish FF7R. Then even less people will buy the sequel and even less the more sequels you do until they are not worth making anymore. If you look at Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 was the most successful and then Batman Arkham City, also the second game, was also the most successul.

Even between FF13-2 and Lightning Returns there was a massive sales drop between the second and third game, although in the FF13 series the first game was the most successful. So I don't think they will take a risk of making more than three. They might do some spin offs and stuff after, but for the main story I think it will be three.

You know the thing I didn't agree with a lot of people about was how they said Midgar was 'only' the first 8 to 10 hours. Its 8 to 10 hours in length, but storywise there is immense story progression in Midgar. For example there are places in FF7 like the Mythril Cave and Mt Nibel. They take time to traverse, but hardly any story progression takes place in those dungeons. Midgar by comparasion is huge in terms of story progression. So hopefully the next one will be Kalm to City of the Ancients.

I would hesitate to draw conclusions based on those games.  In both scenarios, the second entry was significantly better than the first (in most people's opinions), and the third game was a step down.  There is likely to be more drop off the more parts you do, but I wonder if since they'll be reusing a lot of assets and such, the later entries may still be profitable even with declines in sales.  

JWeinCom said:
A203D said:

I would hesitate to draw conclusions based on those games.  In both scenarios, the second entry was significantly better than the first (in most people's opinions), and the third game was a step down.  There is likely to be more drop off the more parts you do, but I wonder if since they'll be reusing a lot of assets and such, the later entries may still be profitable even with declines in sales.  

Well work on the sequel is already in process. Its possible they will resuse some assets and character models. Although I doubt it because the next step is PS5 and they will probably need to create a lot of new stuff for it, and now new gameplay mechanics for characters like Red XIII, Cid etc. Fortunately it seems Square are using Unreal Engine now so that seems a lot eaiser to devleop for than Luminous and I think we can expect the next game to be even better.

You know when you use the ATB and the game goes into slow motion and the explosive fights at the end. If they keep going they way they are I have no doubt the next game will be better, in the same way like you said about Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Arkham City. I think they will knock it out of the park for the next one.

When exactly was that interview done? It makes it sound like they haven't planned out the rest of the games to follow. That is worrying. Same problem the new Star Wars trilogy had. At least they already have the story framework from the original game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

When exactly was that interview done? It makes it sound like they haven't planned out the rest of the games to follow. That is worrying. Same problem the new Star Wars trilogy had. At least they already have the story framework from the original game.

George Lucas said he already had the whole 9 movies or so in mind when he released the 4 (first one)

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

So if you have no interest in the game what are you doing in this and several other threads?

Because it is a JRPG, my most favorite genre no matter what, and i already told you, i will give each part $20 if it is only 3 parts. But if it is more than 3 parts, then i will wait till the complete edition come out.