By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bolder Prediction: [So Far 8.18mil] Animal Crossing New Horizons will be 12mil in Japan Lifetime

It will sell (ship+digital)

Under 7mil 5 10.87%

Around 7.5mil 5 10.87%

8mil 3 6.52%

8.5mil 4 8.70%

9mil 3 6.52%

9.5mil 3 6.52%

10mil 3 6.52%

10.5mil 2 4.35%

11mil 2 4.35%

12mil 16 34.78%

Total:46

Animal crossing isn’t outselling Mario Kart 8. It’ll probably be the second best selling game but MK8D will for sure be ahead of it by a good amount too

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Animal crossing isn’t outselling Mario Kart 8. It’ll probably be the second best selling game but MK8D will for sure be ahead of it by a good amount too

In North America, MK8D will win for sure. In Europe however, not so much, that's much more of a tossup. And in Japan, it's guaranteed that AC:NH will win out.

So in short, it's not at all guaranteed that Mario Kart will win out here in the end. However, I'm positive that both will be on the first and second step of the podium of best-selling Switch titles. The Question is who's on top out fo the two.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
MasonADC said:

In North America, MK8D will win for sure. In Europe however, not so much, that's much more of a tossup. And in Japan, it's guaranteed that AC:NH will win out.

So in short, it's not at all guaranteed that Mario Kart will win out here in the end. However, I'm positive that both will be on the first and second step of the podium of best-selling Switch titles. The Question is who's on top out fo the two.

Im still not 100% sold on AC outselling Smash Bros.  SSBU is showing nice legs especially in NA and it still has more DLC coming out which can ignite interest.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Bofferbrauer2 said:
MasonADC said:

It’s not a Toss up in Europe. The only main region ACNH will win is japan.MK8D will let it out like it does every other game 

In terms of Japan, I'm with tbone on this, Animal Crossing is in an unparallel situation. I'm actually more bullish on it's performance this year.

Prediction:
Q1: 5M Shipped + Digital
Q2: 7M Shipped + Digital
Q3: 8M Shipped + Digital
Q4: 10M Shipped + Digital

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

It’s not a Toss up in Europe. The only main region ACNH will win is japan.MK8D will let it out like it does every other game 

I wouldn't be so sure about Europe. But I guess we'll find out with Nintendo's quarterly reports.

where does the 350 million switch prediction rank in this

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JWeinCom said:
That's just a little too bold for me. Can't see it beating the previous record by that much.

how about now?? :P

RolStoppable said:
10m would be bold enough already, beating the previous record by ~2m. 12m is pretty bonkers.

The game is certainly selling at a staggering pace, but the question of the saturation point is an important one. Pokémon was a phenomenon back in the day and ultimately had its legs cut short with the altered releases of Blue and especially Yellow, so 10m for a game in Japan is within the realms of possibility. But 12m? That's certainly more tbone-ish than a few other of your predictions lately, so I'll give it to you that you've been getting back in the groove.

So...

Best-selling game of all time in Japan: Yes.
10m lifetime: Maybe. I am 50/50 on that one because the first several weeks had amazing sales.
12m lifetime: Nope.

you know why I’m quoting you lmao!!

You agreed to Best Selling game so your not on drugs

your 50/50 on 10mil which seems to be the safe bet as of now (no less than 9mil at this point)

and then the 12mil.... how do you feel about that now?

Also quick note to make, since I notice something wrong with my prediction

my prediction from before (in OP)
Tbone5189 prediction ACNH (shipment+Digital)
Q1 4200k
Q2 2800k (yes I’m serious)
Q3 500k
Q4 800k
Y1 8300k (surpassing Pokémon RG)

I had put 7mil by end of June, it was surpassed by 150k to make it 7.15mil. Without bundles it seems like it’s selling weekly somewhere in the 40k-50k range. But the bundle is keeping it afloat.

I had originally put Q3 for 500k followed by holiday 800k. To make it 8.3mil for years end. July has proven already that my Q3 prediction is pessimistic as hell to my surprise. ACNH will be closer to 1mil by end of sept, so 800k+ is to be expected. I’ll have to revise my prediction now lol

tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:
That's just a little too bold for me. Can't see it beating the previous record by that much.

how about now?? :P

RolStoppable said:
10m would be bold enough already, beating the previous record by ~2m. 12m is pretty bonkers.

The game is certainly selling at a staggering pace, but the question of the saturation point is an important one. Pokémon was a phenomenon back in the day and ultimately had its legs cut short with the altered releases of Blue and especially Yellow, so 10m for a game in Japan is within the realms of possibility. But 12m? That's certainly more tbone-ish than a few other of your predictions lately, so I'll give it to you that you've been getting back in the groove.

So...

Best-selling game of all time in Japan: Yes.
10m lifetime: Maybe. I am 50/50 on that one because the first several weeks had amazing sales.
12m lifetime: Nope.

you know why I’m quoting you lmao!!

You agreed to Best Selling game so your not on drugs

your 50/50 on 10mil which seems to be the safe bet as of now (no less than 9mil at this point)

and then the 12mil.... how do you feel about that now?

It's looking... very possible.