By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo stock for 1.1 billions has been bought by ValueAct and want to make Nintendo as fully digital entertainment Service/ media company EDIT: Add Bloomberg article

Tagged games:

What do you think

This great news for investor 2 4.35%

This great news for Nintendo 5 10.87%

This bad news for gamer 25 54.35%

I don't know how to react to this 12 26.09%

Time to buy Nintendo stock 0 0%

Time to sell Nintendo stock 2 4.35%

Total:46
Mar1217 said:
And Nintendo will just scoff at their faces as they should.

According to the report, they've already began meetings with Nintendo on this. Including with the company president.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

Wel,whas fun while it lasted i guess. Goodbye old nintendo.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Can I have a Metroid movie pls.

I hate stock investor activist.

SpokenTruth said:
Mar1217 said:
And Nintendo will just scoff at their faces as they should.

According to the report, they've already began meetings with Nintendo on this. Including with the company president.

If Nintendo still owns a majority of shares (which they do) then they can't really force them to do anything can they?   At most they can make Nintendo listen to their demands.  That doesn't mean Nintendo has to do jack shit since they still have majority of shares.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
SpokenTruth said:

If Nintendo still owns a majority of shares (which they do) then they can't really force them to do anything can they?   At most they can make Nintendo listen to their demands.  That doesn't mean Nintendo has to do jack shit since they still have majority of shares.

No, they won't own a managing share and can only suggest ideas.  And from what I've read about ValueAct, that is often their only intent.  It's not a takeover but a capital infusion for companies that already have one foot moving in a given direction to help them take the next steps.

SpokenTruth said:
sethnintendo said:

No, they won't own a managing share and can only suggest ideas.  And from what I've read about ValueAct, that is often their only intent.  It's not a takeover but a capital infusion for companies that already have one foot moving in a given direction to help them take the next steps.

Unlike a lot of companies Nintendo is still making plenty of money during this crisis.   I don't see why they would even need a capital infusion.  The only thing going bad for Nintendo right now would be their rollout of their theme park sections in Universal parks and I have a feeling that Universal is taking more of hit than Nintendo on that one.   While they might not need it I guess more cash is good?

I hope that guy that shorted Nintendo last year with millions cashed out recently.

$1 billion in shares is not a trivial amount, but it still only amounts to like a 2-3% ownership stake, which doesn't given ValueAct anywhere close to the authority to force things. They can suggest things and I'm sure Nintendo will take their call and listen, but they can't dictate anything.

sethnintendo said:
SpokenTruth said:

Unlike a lot of companies Nintendo is still making plenty of money during this crisis.   I don't see why they would even need a capital infusion.  The only thing going bad for Nintendo right now would be their rollout of their theme park sections in Universal parks and I have a feeling that Universal is taking more of hit than Nintendo on that one.   While they might not need it I guess more cash is good?

I hope that guy that shorted Nintendo last year with millions cashed out recently.

Do they need the money?  Probably not.  But one of the natures of being a publicly traded company is that stock investment drives them.

Oh, and ValueAct's total holding is only 2%.  So it's very small overall.

I won't get my hopes up, there is no way they have enough influence to make Nintendo a better company.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.