By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Nintendo has told suppliers to expect an increase of at least 10% in Switch console production for 2020.

I'm sure they can sell more than that tbh. I find the 50% upgrade for April-Jun more impressive.

Around the Network

The platform is sold out globally with no stock available and scalpers running wild, you can't sell what isn't on shelves so this is likely to try and make up for it to appease demand, it's a bittersweet situation as they're heavily in demand but the is no stock in a year where the is no competing platform.

People underestimated the NSW. It’s going to have a very long life

Wyrdness said:
The platform is sold out globally with no stock available and scalpers running wild, you can't sell what isn't on shelves so this is likely to try and make up for it to appease demand, it's a bittersweet situation as they're heavily in demand but the is no stock in a year where the is no competing platform.

Globally in the US? Just kidding,m I know that stock is also non-existent in Japan too.

This will be a huge year for the Switch. IMO 23 million shipment with 22 million sell-through is in reach, especially if Nintendo pushes some strong titles in Q4.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

If the rumors of Mario-remasters are true, then Nintendo needs all extra supply it can get.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

Globally in the US?

That joke's still going around?

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

A 10% increase in Switch production is a very low-balling prediction, Minimum Nintendo needs to increase Switch production by 20% to keep up with demand. Even before all this quarantine stuff and the release of Animal Crossing Switch sales were up 23% from 2019.

javi741 said:
A 10% increase in Switch production is a very low-balling prediction, Minimum Nintendo needs to increase Switch production by 20% to keep up with demand. Even before all this quarantine stuff and the release of Animal Crossing Switch sales were up 23% from 2019.

I don't disagree, but I think the question there is: can they? I'm not so sure considering the lost output they already experienced, since we are discussing this figure in terms of total increase over last year.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

cycycychris said:
xMetroid said:
I'm sure they can sell more than that tbh. I find the 50% upgrade for April-Jun more impressive.

From the way the article reads, it seems Nintendo has only for now increased there production projections for the April-June time period and not yet for the rest of the quarters this year. So Nintendo expects to produce 2 million more Switches during April and June than once projected at the beginning of the year. Which likely means they need 50% more parts than originally expected during this time period.

Right, so it probably means that if the demand doesn't slow too much they could keep the production up for like 20-30% for the rest of the year and finish with even more. They are really last minute into changing their projections with the Switch and really keep it lowballing. 20-21 sell through is the floor for this year.

I mean it is safe to say it will be it's peak now.

Hopefully there are more Animal Crossings Switch's in that increase. But needs to be at least 20% more.