By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Remastered announced for Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One EDIT: It will be using new updated engine [UPDATE] Add Digital Foundry Video Analysis

Tagged games:

Crysis, on a handheld. What a world we live in.
I know a lot has changed since 2007 but for me it'll always be a game I remember for bringing even the mightiest of PCs to their knees.
Hope they put in the time and effort to get it looking good and running well on Switch.

Around the Network

The prophecy finally reveals itself, and is soon to be fulfilled. Rejoice.

Remember playing it on PC and really enjoyed it up to the point of the alien ship it was a 9/10 but dropped away.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:

I know a lot has changed since 2007 but for me it'll always be a game I remember for bringing even the mightiest of PCs to their knees.
Hope they put in the time and effort to get it looking good and running well on Switch.

That is just how technology is, smartphones today are more powerfull than the most powerfull desktop PC of like 15 years ago.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

That is just how technology is, smartphones today are more powerfull than the most powerfull desktop PC of like 15 years ago.

It still just amazes me how fast time passes and tech advances. 

Doesn't seem that long ago my brother's new super powered pc ran it around 30fps on high and blew my mind haha.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Doesn't seem that long ago my brother's new super powered pc ran it around 30fps on high and blew my mind haha.

Totally agree, seems like yesterday that we were playing Genesis/SNES (I played Atari as well, but not that much and got my genesis when I was between 5-7 years old so those are most of my memories). And I remember how crazy I was when I put FF IX on for the first time (I bought PS1 by the time FFIX released botlegged in Brazil, also had RE1 and GT that I had played on my cousin, and Tekken I played on a friend and first heard of PS couple years prior).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

The most mindblowing thing to me was the TurboExpress. Play full console game cards in something the size of a Game Boy in 1990. The PC Engine/Turbo was only 3 years old by that point. Unfreaking real. Then PSP which rivaled Dreamcast in many ways and DC was only 6 years old when PSP launched. Imagine if Switch was as powerful as a PS4 now. That's how it felt then.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Only the first one?
I thought this was trilogy.

I'm not used to doing this on my phone so I can't copy the link, but apparently Saber are helping out with it.

Given what they squeezed out of Switch with Witcher 3, this bodes well for the quality of the Switch port. An in-house conversion would've been best but at least it's a competent team.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 April 2020

Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

The most mindblowing thing to me was the TurboExpress. Play full console game cards in something the size of a Game Boy in 1990. The PC Engine/Turbo was only 3 years old by that point. Unfreaking real. Then PSP which rivaled Dreamcast in many ways and DC was only 6 years old when PSP launched. Imagine if Switch was as powerful as a PS4 now. That's how it felt then.

MY first computer/console was the commodore 64 named after it's 64k of ram, my first HD's capacity was 20mb that was an Amiga 600 and that was large compared to earlier Amigas where you added a large drive to the side serialport  pic above and it's casing mimicked the end of the amiga  all that for 8mb of storage sure have come a long way.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 April 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot