By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Remastered announced for Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One EDIT: It will be using new updated engine [UPDATE] Add Digital Foundry Video Analysis

Tagged games:

JRPGfan said:
"but can it run crysis!?" yes yes it can.

Suddenly Minecraft is more GPU demanding now on PC more than Crysis  due to Ray Tracing LOl 

Around the Network

Surprised this didn't happen sooner, the game is decades old and one that requires a proper console port as the currently 360/PS3 ports are crap.

Azzanation said:
Surprised this didn't happen sooner, the game is decades old and one that requires a proper console port as the currently 360/PS3 ports are crap.

It's because of the game's engine and design as someone pointed out earlier the architecture in the engine doesn't play well with modern hardware to the point it bottlenecks itself and because the game was designed from the ground up for that version of the engine it caused issues porting even to future versions of the engine as the architecture was redone changing how the engine worked which is why the 360 port was a heavily watered down.

It's likely they've finally got a new version of the engine that the game is fine with that has an architecture that works properly with modern hardware now.

Wyrdness said:
Azzanation said:

It's because of the game's engine and design as someone pointed out earlier the architecture in the engine doesn't play well with modern hardware to the point it bottlenecks itself and because the game was designed from the ground up for that version of the engine it caused issues porting even to future versions of the engine as the architecture was redone changing how the engine worked which is why the 360 port was a heavily watered down.

It's likely they've finally got a new version of the engine that the game is fine with that has an architecture that works properly with modern hardware now.

Would be more like a port than a remaster this way =p but seems like they are remaking/remastering more stuff to bring to more current tech.

Should look really good if they do their homework.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I guess the question whether Switch can run Crysis has been answered.

Around the Network

Crysis Remastered on a Nintendo handheld. You would have been called insane for even thinking about it a few years back lol

fucking hell i said give me C4 not this shite, can just aswell run the OG game

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Chrizum said:
Crysis Remastered on a Nintendo handheld. You would have been called insane for even thinking about it a few years back lol

Well this game runs on PS3 and is decade old, so it should run on Switch =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I have an old laptop in a drawer I keep as a backup. Asus 2012 laptop with an Nvidia 660M GPU. It can run Crysis 2 in high settings. Not exactly surprising a 2007 PC game running on a portable.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I have an old laptop in a drawer I keep as a backup. Asus 2012 laptop with an Nvidia 660M GPU. It can run Crysis 2 in high settings. Not exactly surprising a 2007 PC game running on a portable.

Crysis 2 ran on a different variant of engine your laptop wouldn't run Crysis 1 at the same setting because the version of the engine it used doesn't utilize the hardware properly because of the architecture it was designed thinking hardware in future would work in one way but hardware ended up going in a different direction.

The remaster is likely the first game finally running on a modern architecture.