By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which PS1 classic should be remade for this or next generation?

Which PS1 classic should be remade next?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 165 11.55%

Dino Crisis 204 14.29%

Final Fantasy VIII 150 10.50%

Final Fantasy IX 107 7.49%

Final Fantasy Tactics 76 5.32%

The Legend of Dragoon 117 8.19%

Metal Gear Solid 240 16.81%

Parasite Eve 95 6.65%

Silent Hill 215 15.06%

Other: Please leave a comment with choice 59 4.13%

Total:1,428

Ill be in the minority but ill say it.. Colony Wars.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

Dude, yes. With how things like Elite and Star Citizen, Sony (who own CW) would have had a great game if they updated and made a new one, you build an space fleet, get resources and go into battles.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Azzanation said:

Dude, yes. With how things like Elite and Star Citizen, Sony (who own CW) would have had a great game if they updated and made a new one, you build an space fleet, get resources and go into battles.

Ikr, i throught i was the only one who enjoyed that game. It was one of my favourite PS1 games.

Oh. So we're doing THAT, eh? Well then I chose my favorite racing game of that era. Rollcage II.

Suikoden I and II

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Syphon Filter is the only right answer.

Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy Tactics have already been remade.

Metal Gear Solid was remade 16 years ago. Heck, a remake of that remake could even be warranted. 

As for Final Fantasy Tactics, I don't think the original PS1 version was ever "remade" just ported with some extra FMV sequences on the PSP. The game looks exactly the same and, honestly, on PS1 the game even performs better. 

On the poll I chose Metal Gear Solid.

But here are some picks I choose that aren't on the list: Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, Vagrant Story, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and Ape Escape.

d21lewis said:
Oh. So we're doing THAT, eh? Well then I chose my favorite racing game of that era. Rollcage II.

Other is listed in the options. :P

Rollcage is another Psygnosis game, not sure if Sony got the rights to that one however. Did you play the spiritual successor? 'Grip'?

Hmm, pie.

Well, I voted for Final Fantasy Tactics, my favourite game in the list. But it was a bad call, because there are other games on the list that would benefit more from the remake treatment. Anyway, I'm going full fantasy mode and voting for "other", with Destruction Derby as my choice.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

Other is listed in the options. :P

Rollcage is another Psygnosis game, not sure if Sony got the rights to that one however. Did you play the spiritual successor? 'Grip'?

I forgot that game came out! Never played it. Gonna have to rectify that.