By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which PS1 classic should be remade for this or next generation?

Which PS1 classic should be remade next?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 165 11.55%

Dino Crisis 204 14.29%

Final Fantasy VIII 150 10.50%

Final Fantasy IX 107 7.49%

Final Fantasy Tactics 76 5.32%

The Legend of Dragoon 117 8.19%

Metal Gear Solid 240 16.81%

Parasite Eve 95 6.65%

Silent Hill 215 15.06%

Other: Please leave a comment with choice 59 4.13%

Total:1,428

LOD is the one I think actually needs a remake, FFIX is great so I wouldn’t mind that either.

There are some games like Suikoden II that would be awesome but I don’t think need a remake, but rather a new entry in the series.

A possible other for me would be Alundra. I love it as a sprite game, but it would be cool to play as a modern action/adventure.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 8. It just.... Not a pretty game.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Let Monolith remake Xenogears

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'll go with Soul Reaver.

Metal Gear Solid hands down

Around the Network

Persona 1
Persona 2 : Innocent sin + Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment

Their abit long in the tooth, and it makes them less enjoyable for people that might want to play though the entire series.
Most people will be like "yep I'm starting from Persona 3" after seeing Persona 1 & 2.

I picked Legend of Dragoon because I honestly think it'd worth it. That game deserves way more attention.

Suikoden I and II.
I mean, its obvious.

What even is going on with that poll tho, Dino Crisis? Really? Of the poll, SON would be my obvious #1 choice. MGS, Parasite Eve would be #2. The lack of love for Legacy of Kain is... Noticeable.

Alundra tho... Breath of Fire 3 and 4. Vagrant Story....

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 14 April 2020

I love Symphony of the Night and MGS, but I'm not sure how much they could benefit from a remake and MGS technically already had one.
So I'd probably say Suikoden instead (1 and 2 preferably).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

None, I'd much rather see studios push on with new original games than go with the ever increasing Remake culture to play on fan nostalgia.