By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your fave RPG ever?

Leynos said:
Jabba89 said:

I'm surprised this has barely been mentioned, one of the best JRPG's.

I admit I need to finish it. Had the game forever.

It is a long one, and the final battles are hellacious. It took me over 70 hours to beat as far as I can remember. Hint: Crafting a pair of Bunny Shoes helps immensely (along with the mandatory grinding of course). Definitely a gem.

Around the Network

I'm not that big on RPGs, so I would have to choose between Fallout: New Vegas and Mass Effect 3. Why ME3 in particular? Because of the multiplayer. Single player might have had its own system where you could upgrade your character and weapons, but the multiplayer was a lot of fun, while it did involve some RPG elements into it.

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite traditional RPG. Game is still a one-of-a-kind experience.

Next would be Dragon Quest XI S. I've gotten so much out of that game it's not even funny. I still haven't finished it.

I also like SRPGs, in particular Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Tactics.

For Western RPGs, my favorites are New Vegas and Witcher 3.

Pokémon Blue

Fallout 1/2, Planescape: Torment, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Might&Magic VI, Wizardry 8, Gothic 1/2, KOTOR2

Around the Network

I'm always toggling between Pokemon GSC or Pokemon BW, though Fire Emblem Awakening and Chrono Trigger are also great.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Shouldn't this thread be renamed to "which is the second best JRPG?" Because we all know, through the insistance of @BraLoD that LoD is the best game (and RPG, and JRPG) ever.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:
TES IV: Oblivion ← FAVORITE
Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy VII

Oblivion was the ducks nuts.
I remember firing that up for the first time on the old Radeon 9700 Pro and exiting the sewers for the first time... I expected the short, foggy draw distances from Morrowind, but was happily blown away.

Also used to be a moderator for the old oblivion forums where we worked hard on getting the game running on original Xbox levels of PC hardware. (Pentium 3 and  Geforce 3.)

Sadly I struggle to play Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim these days, the combat is extremely clunky and the visuals just can't draw me in anymore.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

1) World of Warcraft
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Zelda BOTW
4) Mario RPG
5) FF7

Betrayal at Krondor (1993, Dynamix/Sierra) https://youtu.be/ZtxUzyU4Eh0