Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your fave RPG ever?

Chazore said:
Leynos said:

Implying all JRPGs are generic and turn-based is pretty much a hot take and ignorant

That's pretty much a cool story, bro.

Still seeing Western RPG's as my fave, and I don't see generic or turn based JRPG's changing that for me anytime soon. 

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_Apshai (1979)

Is your only purpose in this forum to have hot takes and derail?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 7-9
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Ni No Kuni
Persona 5
Nier Automata

Leynos said:

uhh no?.

I simply stated Western RPG's are my fave, and because you didn't agree with it and labelled my entire opinion as a "hot take", you've decided to call it a non opinion.

So no.

But it seems like you have personal beef with me, to which I'd suggest you drop it now.

Chazore said:
Leynos said:

uhh no?.

I simply stated Western RPG's are my fave, and because you didn't agree with it and labelled my entire opinion as a "hot take", you've decided to call it a non opinion.

So no.

But it seems like you have personal beef with me, to which I'd suggest you drop it now.

Personal preference is one thing but it is a hot take when you shoot down an entire genre as "generic" and "turn based" It's vastly ignorant and you know it. Besides this topic isn't about driveby posts like yours. You gotta list em. You know you had a hot take to derail. You know it was a driveby. No one else did a driveby bashing and praising of another. Just you.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'll just name my top 5.

Pokémon SoulSilver. The apotheose of the Pokémon formula imo. A truly fun experience with a nice challenge later on. It also exploited nice ARG features which made me actually care about the way I raised them.

Xenoblade 2 : Torna the Golden Country. Everything goes faster in this game but you also don't dwindle on much before going into action. My favorite cast of the whole series as of yet. With one the most thrilling battle system I've experienced yet. It boasts probably the most impactful ending too which in insight makes you respect the events of the main game more.

Chrono Trigger. If there's one game that I could define in the genre as a "perfect experience", it'd be this one.

Mother 3. You must not cry until the end.

Final Fantasy X. It's my first defining moment in gaming. Also the liberty at which you customize your character evolution is still quite unmatched imo.

Suteki da nae ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Personal preference is one thing but it is a hot take when you shoot down an entire genre as "generic" and "turn based" It's vastly ignorant and you know it. Besides this topic isn't about driveby posts like yours. You gotta list em. You know you had a hot take to derail. You know it was a driveby. No one else did a driveby bashing and praising of another. Just you.

Hot take is your own decision based on how you feel and view me as. I said I prefer Western RPG's, which is my opinion, my own decision, not yours to dismantle and take away, via a childish card like "hot take". This isn't era, this isn't Twitter either. 

I will say this one more time (take the hint); you have personal beef with me, to which I'd suggest you drop it now.

Octopath Traveler

Xenoblade 1
Chrono trigger
Fire emblem 3 houses
Dragon quest 11
pokemon

Chazore said:
Leynos said:

Hot take is your own decision based on how you feel and view me as. I said I prefer Western RPG's, which is my opinion, my own decision, not yours to dismantle and take away, via a childish card like "hot take". This isn't era, this isn't Twitter either. 

I will say this one more time (take the hint); you have personal beef with me, to which I'd suggest you drop it now.

You should have listed your favorite WRPGs instead, of taking a shot at JRPGs (you did with the 'Generic' take). It was clear from the first post that this was a discussion about JRPGs mainly. 

SammyGiireal said:

You should have listed your favorite WRPGs instead, of taking a shot at JRPGs (you did with the 'Generic' take). It was clear from the first post that this was a discussion about JRPGs mainly. 

Alright, I'll remember the "taking the shot" comment any time I see someone not preferring RTS games over TBS next time. Instead I'll treat it as some form of personal attack, rather than a simple and personal pref.

Uhh, also, the title says "what are your fave RPG's ever", not "what are your fave JRPG's ever?". Nowhere in the OP did it mention that this topic should and always be about just JRPG's , nor does a few talking about JRPG's make this a JRPG only thread. OP even states: "Again you can list whatever sub-genre or not".

Last edited by Chazore - on 08 April 2020