By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 1 or 2?

I choose...

Bayonetta 1 10 28.57%

Bayonetta 2 25 71.43%

Total:35
Chazore said:
1, because everything about it felt and looked great at the time.

2, I dunno, I never got to play 2, because it was made an exclusive to a portable system I do own, but refuse to play, because I know that game can do better, than being shackled to lesser hw.

Wow that is a whole bunch of troll bait being laid.  

Around the Network

The difference isn't huge, but Bayonetta 2 did feel more polished in most regards.
The only thing I liked better about the first game was Enzo's voice actor.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I think the battle mechanics in 2 are less punishing and have a larger leway for errors than in 1, so to me it felt much more rewarding and satisfying. In the first game, when enemies attack you and that little flashy blink appears, I somehow hardly managed to hit the dodge timing right.

RolStoppable said:
Easily 2, because it made vivster butthurt.

Double down on this, and add other users into the butthurt part.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Vodacixi said:
Bayo 1 has some bullshit design choices like insta death QTE that come out of nowhere, Megaton/Gigaton attacks being almost impossible to fill at max (this is very frustrating) and generally more cheap difficulty from enemies. There's also the lack of variety in the game locations and related to this is the lack of color in general. The attacks feel less impactful and powerful than in Bayo 2 and the story is presented in a very confusing way.

All of this is fixed and/or vastly improved in Bayo 2. Plus, we get online co-op (and offline on Switch), far more interesting weapons, Umbran Climax (some people dislike this for making the game easier, I on the other hand think is incredibly satisfactory and gives magic a more defined purpouse) and a bunch more stuff.

Don't get me wrong: Bayo 1 is still a great game and it even has some edges over Bayo 2 like better bosses, (slightly) better soundtrack, more interesting non-battle mechanics/levels... But when I tried to replay Bayo 1 after having played hundreds of hours on Bayo 2... I just couldn't. It felt so downgraded and clunky to play...

Nailed it.

But I still play Bayonetta 1, though. It's awesome.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Chrkeller said:

Wow that is a whole bunch of troll bait being laid.  

Eh, I'm not here for the discussion side, but as a mod. So, try this again — explain to him the faults in the argument...

His argument makes as much sense as claiming not to buy God of War because the ps4 Pro is weak hardware (compared to the X) and holds the game back.  His post was clearly a jab at a specific console, hence my troll comment.  And I suspect if ps4 exclusives were being bashed because of Pro hardware limitations, those posts would be modded rather quickly.    

Aside from the obvious posted above, there are many additional flaws with his argument.  The easiest is pointing out Bayo 2 isn't exclusive to a portable system.  It was originally a Wii U game, which clearly isn't a portable system.  So he doesn't even have his facts correct.  I would also add Bayo 2 was funded by Nintendo and wouldn't even exist if it weren't for said funding.    

CGI-Quality said:
Chrkeller said:

His argument makes as much sense as claiming not to buy God of War because the ps4 Pro is weak hardware (compared to the X) and holds the game back.  His post was clearly a jab at a specific console, hence my troll comment.  And I suspect if ps4 exclusives were being bashed because of Pro hardware limitations, those posts would be modded rather quickly.    

Aside from the obvious posted above, there are many additional flaws with his argument.  The easiest is pointing out Bayo 2 isn't exclusive to a portable system.  It was originally a Wii U game, which clearly isn't a portable system.  So he doesn't even have his facts correct.  I would also add Bayo 2 was funded by Nintendo and wouldn't even exist if it weren't for said funding.    

Cool, keep the hostility down next time and just attack the argument. 

Would it be possible to expect people not to directly attack a system in a game discussion thread?  Or is that something that is just ok?  The rules seem to change often here.  I can't keep up.  

CGI-Quality said:
Chrkeller said:

Would it be possible to expect people not to directly attack a system in a game discussion thread?  Or is that something that is just ok?  The rules seem to change often here.  I can't keep up.  

The rules haven't changed. It is simple, if you think his argument lacks merit, explain why to him. What you did was go overboard (he did not) and that is why we are having this discussion.

I'll remember that.  When there is a thread about a ps4 exclusive, I'll comment about how weak the hardware is and how it hurts the game.  Friendly bet says I get attacked and the mods blame me.  This place is beyond biased.  But hey, like most I am spending less and less time here.  So by all means, keep up the "good" work.  

Easily 1 for me. The humor, the setting and characters are just a few reasons why. Not to mention that ugly haircut they gave her in 2 when her hair was such an integral part of her style/combat. Here's hoping they bring back her long hair in 3.

I'll second what was already mentioned in this thread. The combat in 1 felt more like a dance...I could never put my finger on it but this describes it excellently!

Not sure yet. I have played the first Bayonetta again on my PS4 Pro (first time was on the Wii U). Awesome game, but a bit unforgiving at times. The QTEs tended to catch me off guard, leading me to accidentally dying because of it.

Bayonetta 2 was a lot of fun when I played it on my Wii U. Would like to play it again on the Switch sometime.