By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 1 or 2?

I choose...

Bayonetta 1 10 28.57%

Bayonetta 2 25 71.43%

Total:35

2 was the better game overall. I liked the story in 1 a bit better, but 2 was just more enjoyable in almost every aspect.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I find this position a curious one.

You say you own a Switch and play it on a daily basis.

But if you care so strongly about graphical performance and want only the best in that regard, why buy or play on a Switch in the first place, or any console for that matter? Why not just play everything on PC at maxed settings?

Are you assuming that I only play just AAA games on PC or something?. 

Going by the way you've written this, I'm going to assume myself that it's not written in a truly curious manner. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Wyrdness said:

If it was about output as CGI said you'd simply play it on a PC emulator after all you legally own the game so that's allowed which calls the post into question as anyway you look at it it just comes across as a pointless bash so I can see why your post was seen as such.

Except I had already stated that I didn't buy the second game, and never really wanted to. I said I could emu it if I so desired, and no, we're not going down that route of calling "what if" into question, because that doesn't even begin to fit into the topic itself, and just serves as an opener for a completely different topic (which easily screams to bash).

CGI saw it as it was, and so did I. He needed to absolutely calm down, and so did anyone who deliberately read it as such and got their feathers ruffled. 

Also, I'd just like to point out that a select few (even OP) have chosen to steer the topic completely off course. I'd say we keep things on course, instead of trying to start something from nothing (lest CGI have to intervene again).

Last edited by Chazore - on 03 April 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

Except I had already stated that I didn't buy the second game, and never really wanted to. I said I could emu it if I so desired, and no, we're not going down that route of calling "what if" into question, because that doesn't even begin to fit into the topic itself, and just serves as an opener for a completely different topic (which easily screams to bash).

CGI saw it as it was, and so did I. He needed to absolutely calm down, and so did anyone who deliberately read it as such and got their feathers ruffled. 

Also, I'd just like to point out that a select few (even OP) have chosen to steer the topic completely off course. I'd say we keep things on course, instead of trying to start something from nothing (lest CGI have to intervene again).

You say you're not going down the route of what if as it doesn't fit into the topic but that is exactly what your post did to begin with you steered the topic down this path to begin with sure they need a more reserved reaction but on the flip side that part of your post wasn't called for in any context what so ever so you can't really complain about the reactions this is why even the op as well is pressing you on the issue.

Wyrdness said:

You say you're not going down the route of what if as it doesn't fit into the topic but that is exactly what your post did to begin with you steered the topic down this path to begin with sure they need a more reserved reaction but on the flip side that part of your post wasn't called for in any context what so ever so you can't really complain about the reactions this is why even the op as well is pressing you on the issue.

And yet you desired to carry on regardless, for what reason and benefit?. 

I'll give my say as I please. Until this side drops it's own warring mentality, I see no reason to speak my mind of my rig to a plastic box, created by a corporation, and not by papa John or Uncle Stu (because it should never be taken personally, because it's a box).

Now unless the next post isn't about the topic itself, it really will be steering things off course, and won't be adding to the topic at all (I shouldn't have to make it clear and easy as to what I'm hinting at here, because I could just DM you what my next intentions are).

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Wyrdness said:

I'll give my say as I please. Until this side drops it's own warring mentality, I see no reason to speak my mind of my rig to a plastic box, created by a corporation, and not by papa John or Uncle Stu (because it should never be taken personally, because it's a box).

Now unless the next post isn't about the topic itself, it really will be steering things off course, and won't be adding to the topic at all (I shouldn't have to make it clear and easy as to what I'm hinting at here, because I could just DM you what my next intentions are).

The warring mentality is on your side.  Bayonetta was all but dead as a franchise.  If it weren't for Nintendo odds are Bayonetta wouldn't exist.  Nintendo singularly supported a fantastic franchise (and company) and the attitude is to be angry and purposely not support.  That is the very definition of nonsensical.  Not too mention Bayo is a superb game, so only one side is missing out on one of the greatest action games ever crafted.  Astral Chain is excellent as well.  I for one am happy to see Platinum receive large company support.  I guess the "logic" is Nintendo should have let the franchise die.  That way we all would have won because reasons.  

Edit

Though perhaps the biggest point is goal of this thread, which is to compare Bayo 1 against Bayo 2...  given you haven't even played Bayo 2, what is your goal?  Oh yeah, to trash the Switch.  Which ironically is off base, not only due to the above mentioned reasons, but also because Bayo 2 wasn't originally a Switch game.  It launched on the Wii U.  Either way, be sure to let the mods know if I hurt your feelings.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 03 April 2020

Chazore said:

A forum works by you posting something and people are then free to respond and discuss what you posted that's not warring mentality and ironically what your post did display is you taking Bayonetta 2 personally in your refusal to play it.

The topic is about the comparison of B1 and B2 so if discussing your own response is steering things off topic than that's something of an admission of yourself on your own post and tbh people can keep asking you because everyone else has at least given reasons that pertain directly to the games themselves you didn't so they're free to ask for clarification.

Chazore said:
curl-6 said:

I find this position a curious one.

You say you own a Switch and play it on a daily basis.

But if you care so strongly about graphical performance and want only the best in that regard, why buy or play on a Switch in the first place, or any console for that matter? Why not just play everything on PC at maxed settings?

Are you assuming that I only play just AAA games on PC or something?. 

Going by the way you've written this, I'm going to assume myself that it's not written in a truly curious manner. 

I deliberately chose not to be antagonistic in my post, please do me the same courtesy.

It just doesn't make any sense why you would own a Switch and play it daily when from what you've said you seem to be boycotting a game solely for being on the same "lesser hw".

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 April 2020

In my honest opinion, both Bayonetta games are awesome. Would like to replay Bayonetta 2 sometime.

Bayonetta 2 gets my vote.

The original is amazing, and indeed one of my top 10 games of the 7th generation, but the second fixes the sometimes annoying QTEs that were my only significant gripe with the first game, as well as having smoother pacing.

In the lead up to release I was skeptical that a sequel could match or surpass the original, but Bayo 2 exceeded my expectations.