By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2020 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

God damn! Switch almost got 700k for just 2 weeks. The POWER of Animal Crossing. Just wow!
And the fact that people doesn't mind if they get a Switch lite or OG Switch. THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Explosive 2nd week

Goddamn, I didn't think they could do it two weeks in a row but there it is. Seems the supply situation might be better in Japan now than the US and several other countries.
But even with those shortages this is bound to be another huge week for the Switch based on Japan alone.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

K correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Rol's chart, the Switch is tracking 17 weeks ahead of its sales last year... That is insane...

1doesnotsimply

RolStoppable said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
K correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Rol's chart, the Switch is tracking 17 weeks ahead of its sales last year... That is insane...

The numbers are all correct.

Animal Crossing has taken Japan by storm with its state of the art graphics and immersive storytelling.

This is the only logical conclusion.

Around the Network

Holy mother of God, the Switch is doing ballistic numbers these past two weeks.

And man, unless the supply completely runs dry, I totally expect 200K next week. Even when this AC crazy is over, I positive the baseline for the Switch will increse from it's 60kish to around 80k, easily.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Holy mother of God, the Switch is doing ballistic numbers these past two weeks.

And man, unless the supply completely runs dry, I totally expect 200K next week. Even when this AC crazy is over, I positive the baseline for the Switch will increse from it's 60kish to around 80k, easily.

Finish up the FY so they probably stocked up for these 2 weeks.  We have to see if shipment is good this week. It can easily do 200k but only and only if they ship it. I’m expecting 80k-100k next week

CRAZY numbers. Some of y'all said it would fall under 40k lmao. I did think it would fall below 150k tho since there was many shortages. Maybe it was still fine during the first days of the week. We'll really know with next week.

WTF. Pokemon made 382k on its second week (72% decrease) and was already really huge, this decreased only 61%

AC titles are known for their tremendous legs too. Could see all sorts of records shattered!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!