By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 13, 2020 (Mar 23 - Mar 29)

Holy... 700k on week TWO?! In JAPAN?!

Around the Network

this is amazing

Switch!!!

As a reminder, mario kart wii, 30th best welling game in japan, sold 3.51 milion LIFETIME.

AC is at 2.6 milion on week TWO

God damn! Switch almost got 700k for just 2 weeks. The POWER of Animal Crossing. Just wow!
And the fact that people doesn't mind if they get a Switch lite or OG Switch. THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY ANIMAL CROSSING!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Explosive 2nd week

Around the Network

Goddamn, I didn't think they could do it two weeks in a row but there it is. Seems the supply situation might be better in Japan now than the US and several other countries.
But even with those shortages this is bound to be another huge week for the Switch based on Japan alone.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

K correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Rol's chart, the Switch is tracking 17 weeks ahead of its sales last year... That is insane...

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
K correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Rol's chart, the Switch is tracking 17 weeks ahead of its sales last year... That is insane...

The numbers are all correct.

Animal Crossing has taken Japan by storm with its state of the art graphics and immersive storytelling.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

The numbers are all correct.

Animal Crossing has taken Japan by storm with its state of the art graphics and immersive storytelling.

This is the only logical conclusion.

Holy mother of God, the Switch is doing ballistic numbers these past two weeks.

And man, unless the supply completely runs dry, I totally expect 200K next week. Even when this AC crazy is over, I positive the baseline for the Switch will increse from it's 60kish to around 80k, easily.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1