Forums - Gaming Discussion - 58.3% Plan To Buy A PS5 VS. 38.5% For XBX, According To IGN Poll

Which Of The Two Will You Be Buying?

PS5 Only 60 59.41%

XBX Only 18 17.82%

Both 8 7.92%

Sticking With Switch 14 13.86%

Sticking With PS4/XBO 1 0.99%

Total:101

I'd be more interested if the poll was made by an actual firm asking people from various gaming backgrounds. This poll simply reflects the current landscape we're left in by this current generation. Nothing more than that.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Gonna be a whore for Microsoft until the day I die bois... come on.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Pathetic numbers.
Would be 155,000% if they had announced LoD Remake already.

Shadow1980 said:
What's the usual PS/XB split between IGN users? Where are the respondents from? This seems more representative of a worldwide audience, but if it's primarily a U.S./NA audience, then the vote is skewed in favor of PlayStation.

We know from NPD data that the split in the U.S. is about 54% PS4/46% XBO, a much more even split. Based on what little we know the XBO is between 45-50M worldwide, and we know the PS4 has sold 106M WW as of the end of 2019, so in terms of WW sales the PS4/XBO split is 68-70% PS4/30-32%

63- 33 PS4 to XBO in 2013.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/which-next-gen-consoles-and-games-are-ign-readers-buying

Given the market gap this gen I like those percentages. Good starting base to build on. I know MS has a lot to prove but I think their E3 direct will change certain perceptions

Around the Network
vivster said:
How is that even possible with Xbox's amazing marketing and Sony's total screwup?

New gens dont mean a "clean slate".
People remember back a gen or two, and judge based on many other factors, than just the value of hardware in a console.

Basically a console is more than the hardware.
If it was just "best performance pr $", switch would be a rather bad product.

Thing is, most gamers care more about the games a system has, than its power.
PS4 came off of a gen, doing rather well with its exclusives, while the oppersite is basically true for Xbox.

Thats bound to effect numbers.
Also playstation was always a bigger brand name, than xbox.

XSX+PS5 will both be near 100% BC, with previous gen titles, so it makes sense that beacuse so many more have playstations, they'd want to continue forwards with that in the next console.

BraLoD said:

Pathetic numbers.
Would be 155,000% if they had announced LoD Remake already.

There be 10 ps5's per household if a prequel were announced. you would have 100 most likely. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:
How is that even possible with Xbox's amazing marketing and Sony's total screwup?

New gens dont mean a "clean slate".
People remember back a gen or two, and judge based on many other factors, than just the value of hardware in a console.

Basically a console is more than the hardware.
If it was just "best performance pr $", switch would be a rather bad product.

Thing is, most gamers care more about the games a system has, than its power.
PS4 came off of a gen, doing rather well with its exclusives, while the oppersite is basically true for Xbox.

Thats bound to effect numbers.
Also playstation was always a bigger brand name, than xbox.

XSX+PS5 will both be near 100% BC, with previous gen titles, so it makes sense that beacuse so many more have playstations, they'd want to continue forwards with that in the next console.

this might be the biggest factor now that you mention it. Who would want to abandoned that huge collection they have build over the years? Going back and play them enhanced. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I'm sorry but does anyone else find it funny that people keep saying "3 straight gens of dominance" for Sony even though the 360 and PS3 battle was essentially a dead heat? Lol.

newwil7l said:
I'm sorry but does anyone else find it funny that people keep saying "3 straight gens of dominance" for Sony even though the 360 and PS3 battle was essentially a dead heat? Lol.

Not to mention who really won previous gen.