By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 58.3% Plan To Buy A PS5 VS. 38.5% For XBX, According To IGN Poll

Which Of The Two Will You Be Buying?

PS5 Only 60 59.41%

XBX Only 18 17.82%

Both 8 7.92%

Sticking With Switch 14 13.86%

Sticking With PS4/XBO 1 0.99%

Total:101
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

We have discussed this numerous time.

Launch aligned PS3 was always ahead of X360. Year shipment on same years I think only one time X360 outsold PS3. And also PS3 ended ahead.

If we were to use your concept them X1 was winning against Switch for almost this whole gen.

And as I’ve told you I don’t believe in aligned launches because that’s rewriting history and making competition fair when it is not. The gen started November 2005. 
Nintendo does their own thing I wouldn’t use them in a strict Xbox vs PS argument.

I know the end results, but I view it as a brand victory for Xbox and an embarrassing win for PS if there is even such a thing. 

rewriting story is pretending PS3 didn`t win against X360 because it only happened at the end, thus I asked you if then X1 won against Switch most of the gen.

Also if you want to call Japan a clutch to PS3 let`s call USA a clutch for X360 and you`ll see that in the end WW PS3 won, and also won in many more markets than X360. X360 won in USA and perhaps UK while losing everywhere else.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
DonFerrari said:

We have the data for that.

Although some people like the BC it hardly affects sales of the consoles

You may think it is odd, but people really buy new consoles to play new games.

Can you show a single console that gained most of their sales due to having BC or lost because it didn`t?

Agreed.

Sony has proven that BC isn't a major necessity as the few on the internet are blowing it up to be. 

Remember when PS3 had PS1 & PS2 BC and then the slim PS3 removed it?  The internet was furious but it didn't stop the PS3 from selling millions more and the complaint stopped complaining shortly after as well.

And now this gen:  PS4 sales (no BC) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox One sales (fully BC) 

Heck, even Nintendo's home console didnt have BC until the Wii with GC games, and the Wii U with Wii games, and now it has stopped.   

BC is a nice feature, but it's not a deal breaker a system doesn't include it.

That’s a simple explanation. Core gamers care about BC. Casuals don’t. Casuals not caring shouldn’t excuse a company from giving their fans a great service.

Im currently going through my back catalog of BC 360 titles alongside current ones and I’m grateful I can continue playing missed games when I get a Series X. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

And as I’ve told you I don’t believe in aligned launches because that’s rewriting history and making competition fair when it is not. The gen started November 2005. 
Nintendo does their own thing I wouldn’t use them in a strict Xbox vs PS argument.

I know the end results, but I view it as a brand victory for Xbox and an embarrassing win for PS if there is even such a thing. 

rewriting story is pretending PS3 didn`t win against X360 because it only happened at the end, thus I asked you if then X1 won against Switch most of the gen.

Also if you want to call Japan a clutch to PS3 let`s call USA a clutch for X360 and you`ll see that in the end WW PS3 won, and also won in many more markets than X360. X360 won in USA and perhaps UK while losing everywhere else.

I didn’t. It’s not wrong to say 360 was most relevant during the course of the generation in its relevance. It lost in the last 2 months. And as someone who lives in western society I think it’s more relevant to cite western sales figures. I assume none of us live in Japan so their buying habits aren’t as relevant, only the games. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
V-r0cK said:

Agreed.

Sony has proven that BC isn't a major necessity as the few on the internet are blowing it up to be. 

Remember when PS3 had PS1 & PS2 BC and then the slim PS3 removed it?  The internet was furious but it didn't stop the PS3 from selling millions more and the complaint stopped complaining shortly after as well.

And now this gen:  PS4 sales (no BC) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox One sales (fully BC) 

Heck, even Nintendo's home console didnt have BC until the Wii with GC games, and the Wii U with Wii games, and now it has stopped.   

That’s a simple explanation. Core gamers care about BC. Casuals don’t. Casuals not caring shouldn’t excuse a company from giving their fans a great service.

Im currently going through my back catalog of BC 360 titles alongside current ones and I’m grateful I can continue playing missed games when I get a Series X. 

Do you have any evidence that the Core gamers care about it? Maybe they bought like 30M PS3 due to it?

Or am I not core because I wouldn`t change my purchase due to BC, didn`t miss it for PS4 and still bought several remakes and remasters?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn’t. It’s not wrong to say 360 was most relevant during the course of the generation in its relevance. It lost in the last 2 months. And as someone who lives in western society I think it’s more relevant to cite western sales figures. I assume none of us live in Japan so their buying habits aren’t as relevant, only the games. 

I don`t live in USA so citing its sales isn`t relevant them?

And again every year PS3 sold more than X360 so you are factually wrong and just want to hang on the 1 year head start sales to give yourself "it was ahead for most of the gen so I win this argument". That is a spin of master level.

PS3 win on total, was always ahead launch aligned, won almost all yearly sales, but since the one year head start gave an advantage to X360 that is the only one you want to use.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

And again every year PS3 sold more than X360 so you are factually wrong and just want to hang on the 1 year head start sales to give yourself "it was ahead for most of the gen so I win this argument". That is a spin of master level.

PS3 win on total, was always ahead launch aligned, won almost all yearly sales, but since the one year head start gave an advantage to X360 that is the only one you want to use.

"master level"? Wouldn't that mean that it was inconspicuous and went over peoples head or that some people actually bought into it? I think everyone here is aware that this is a cop out and he is trying his hardest to hold on to nothing. He is not fulling anybody here. Im glad he dint throw this time the other sad one of "exclusives dont matter".

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
V-r0cK said:

Agreed.

Can you prove the statistics about what core and casual gamers actually care about or are you just trolling and making things up?

I'm currently going through my back catalog of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games and I am grateful I can continue playing them on my PS1, PS2 and PS3.  My previous systems aren't going to die just because the current one doesn't have BC lol.  Should I also include my NES/SNES/N64 games too?

Like I said, BC is a nice feature but its not a deal breaker. 

V-r0cK said:
sales2099 said:

Can you prove the statistics about what core and casual gamers actually care about or are you just trolling and making things up?

I'm currently going through my back catalog of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games and I am grateful I can continue playing them on my PS1, PS2 and PS3.  My previous systems aren't going to die just because the current one doesn't have BC lol.  Should I also include my NES/SNES/N64 games too?

Like I said, BC is a nice feature but its not a deal breaker. 

What I liked about Xbox BC was the improvements in performance and graphics, main reason I bought several of the remakes and remasters, but still won`t buy XSX if the current gen games don`t make me urge for it.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Do you have any evidence that the Core gamers care about it? Maybe they bought like 30M PS3 due to it?

Or am I not core because I wouldn`t change my purchase due to BC, didn`t miss it for PS4 and still bought several remakes and remasters?

Only that those who do like the feature say so on gaming sites where as casuals don’t care enough to talk about video games online. So there’s that. I never said it would make or break the purchase, for most anyway, but it’s a great quality of life feature. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

You said you are from Brazil right? Would you classify South America as part of Western society? And neither do I I’m from Canada but our buying habits are pretty much the same.

Sorry you are entitled to the opinion but I think aligning launches to erase the head start is spinning too. Ps3 did win, barely, at the last couple months. End of day I don’t feel like I lost as a fan.

Last edited by sales2099 - on 31 March 2020