By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 58.3% Plan To Buy A PS5 VS. 38.5% For XBX, According To IGN Poll

Which Of The Two Will You Be Buying?

PS5 Only 60 59.41%

XBX Only 18 17.82%

Both 8 7.92%

Sticking With Switch 14 13.86%

Sticking With PS4/XBO 1 0.99%

Total:101

victor83fernandes said:

shikamaru317 said:

A. It’s an IGN US poll. 
B. Even Xbox One has a marketshare way above 10% in Europe, about 21% currently to be exact. And XSX has many advantages that XB1 didn’t have; more positive announcement reception, a stronger first party, higher specs than the competition. That means that Xbox’s marketshare in Europe will likely increase next gen, not decrease.

1 - So they should pu tin the title USA poll

2 - Xbox one X has advantages but ps5 too, this time ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4, and most people would like to play their library going forward, most people have ps4 so logic tells me those people will be moving to ps5

Other disadvantage of xbox series X is no exclusives for 2 years

One more disadvantage is its coming after xbox one, a failure, the xbox one was coming after 360, a success, so there was more xbox fans back then.

One more disadvantage this time all xbox games are on PC, unlike previous generations.

This leads me to believe the series X will do worse than xbox One.

Stronger first party? What are you talking about? All xbox games will be on PC and xbox One, there are no first party exclusives at all, have you been following the news?

And do you honestly think it can compete with Horizon Zero dawn 2, spiderman 2, last of us 2, Ghost of tsushima, final fantasy 7 remake? Wake up.

Want more? i can keep this all day, xbox series X will cost more than xbox one at launch, surely more than ps5.

Seems pretty obvious to me that person was saying XSX will have stronger first party support than Xbone did. Which of course, it will. Also since when is FF7R first party or exclusive?

Also not related to your post but of course now that PS5 has BC its great and just totes different than last gen when Xbox had it. Just like paid online play, releasing games on PC, TFlops, etc etc. As they say, war never changes 😆

Around the Network

PlayStation 5 = Perfect West-and Japanese Games Support and big Exclusives :) Like the PS4, thats sure :)

After GHOST OF TSUSHIMA.. In summer Sony shows the big PS5-Show with many new games, unique exclusive games and beautiful graphics. I personally think..   the poll-result is bigger than 58,3% for PS5 :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 01 April 2020

LudicrousSpeed said:

victor83fernandes said:

2 - Xbox one X has advantages but ps5 too, this time ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4, and most people would like to play their library going forward, most people have ps4 so logic tells me those people will be moving to ps5

One more disadvantage is its coming after xbox one, a failure, the xbox one was coming after 360, a success, so there was more xbox fans back then.

One more disadvantage this time all xbox games are on PC, unlike previous generations.

Stronger first party? What are you talking about? All xbox games will be on PC and xbox One, there are no first party exclusives at all, have you been following the news?

And do you honestly think it can compete with Horizon Zero dawn 2, spiderman 2, last of us 2, Ghost of tsushima, final fantasy 7 remake? Wake up.

Want more? i can keep this all day, xbox series X will cost more than xbox one at launch, surely more than ps5.

Seems pretty obvious to me that person was saying XSX will have stronger first party support than Xbone did. Which of course, it will. Also since when is FF7R first party or exclusive?

Also not related to your post but of course now that PS5 has BC its great and just totes different than last gen when Xbox had it. Just like paid online play, releasing games on PC, TFlops, etc etc. As they say, war never changes 😆

I was going to make a similar response.

-"PS3 only does everything" as soon as XBO does everything, the only thing that matters is the games.

-Xbox has the best version of games. Suddenly, when XBO was the weaker system, power wasn't important... Until XBO X. Then, it mattered again.

-Every console except PS4 had external HDD support. PS4 fans didn't want it. It ruins the sleek look of the system and cheaper HDDs would could be hacked. Sony offers the feature. Suddenly it's great. Same with finally being able to change usernames.

-Xbox has cross play with PC. Xbox fans thought it was great. Then Xbox stopped having cross play and PlayStation had it. It didn't matter. Then Xbox had cross play with Switch and PC. Suddenly it was awesome and PlayStation sucked. PS fans said it would ruin the online experience. Then PS added online crossplay with XBO.

I could go on and on. Netflix, Achievements, controller rumble, cross game chat, free online. You name it. A lot of people are loyal to a brand and it can do no wrong. It's madness!

KazumaKiryu said:

PlayStation 5 = Perfect West-and Japanese Games Support and big Exclusives :) Like the PS4, thats sure :)

After GHOST OF TSUSHIMA.. In summer Sony shows the big PS5-Show with many new games, unique exclusive games and beautiful graphics. I personally think..   the poll-result is bigger than 58,3% for PS5 :)

Ya I’m not looking forward to hearing about games that won’t be out for 3+ years and will be on every list wars debate until they release. Sometimes I wish MS would do that approach more, we usually hear about games that are 1-2 years out. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

victor83fernandes said:
shikamaru317 said:

A. It’s an IGN US poll. 
B. Even Xbox One has a marketshare way above 10% in Europe, about 21% currently to be exact. And XSX has many advantages that XB1 didn’t have; more positive announcement reception, a stronger first party, higher specs than the competition. That means that Xbox’s marketshare in Europe will likely increase next gen, not decrease.

For the bolded. I can’t resist when I see these mashed up list warz lol.

GoT and Last of Us 2 is a PS4 title. Unless you referring to the inevitable remaster for PS5...but it won’t be a new game. Unlike LOU Remaster for PS4 that was enjoyed by millions of ex 360 gamers LOU2 won’t have that same benefit. The remaster will be played by a majority that all ready played the PS4 game releasing in 2 months. 

FF7 is a 3rd party times exclusive PS4 title...how does this help PS5 differentiate against Series X? (It doesn’t)

The other games you listed are A. Not announced and therefore B. No release date in sight. 

Officially, Series X has Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Project Mara, and Everwild coming to the platform. Officially PS5 has 0 exclusives announced so you are in no place to talk.

I could also say Fable reboot and Forza Motorsport 8, Forza Horizon 5, the Initiative new IP, Obsidians new title...but those aren’t officially announced and therefore I wont sink to the list level you gave. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 01 April 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Ya I’m not looking forward to hearing about games that won’t be out for 3+ years and will be on every list wars debate until they release.

According to rumors, the PS5 will get some exclusives that have been in production for a long time. And one rumor say, Spiderman 2 is coming 2021 for PS5-The game will announced in this summer. Japanese studios will also announce ps5-games that will be released in the first year of release. Sony said last year that completely new games would only be announced after The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima - of course, new titles will appear in 1-2 years for the new console. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 maybe too?!

You already know that Microsoft has presented their console - but Sony doesn't want to do it until summer :) There will be some surprises and more PS5 features (controllers) will be presented :) Thats sure.

d21lewis said:
thismeintiel said:

The situations are completely different, though.  For one, it came out 2 years after launch and really was more to pad out their lineup, considering this is when the slowdown in exclusives started to happen.  It also didn't help that it was done in stages, not just an emulator that they put out that could run 80%-90% of the 360's games. 

B/C, while never the biggest selling point (maybe 5 in the Top 5 reasons to get a system),  is mostly appealing at the beginning of a gen, to help smooth the transition for early adopters when the lineup is a little bare.  In 2 years time, when the console is at a more acceptable price for more adopters, the lineup is going to be to the point where rarely anyone is going to go back and play those older games. 

Of course, this gen we have also seen the steady uptick in digital sales and library sizes.  This is going to make B/C with this gen a much more appealing prospect.  Especially since both companies are looking to improve the performance of those games, both in framerate and resolution. 

Given the different situations, it's pretty clear why it was naive of Xbox fans to push the narrative that B/C had won MS E3 and would cause more 360 owners to buy a XBO over a PS4.

In arguments downplaying BC (a feature I've always appreciated), people also said "BC didn't help the Wii U" or "PS3 did better without BC". I know the argument isn't black and white. There's other factors at play. But, again, I love backwards compatibility. As soon as I bought by Wii, I sold my GameCube. As soon as I bought my PS3, I gave away my PS2.

It sucks when people tell you that something you love is worthless. Even XBO bc. I was always excited to get new and improved games added to the list. I even repurchased about 80% of the physical games I owned digitally just to take advantage of the feature. My sig (I can't see it right now. After I post, I'll take a look) which shows my last five played games on PlayStation and Xbox platforms is probably half BC titles if not more.

When I do eventually get both consoles, I plan to take full advantage of BC on both. I just like playing whatever I want to play whenever I want to play it. The addition of modern features (game DVR, screenshots, etc) on older games just makes me smile.

There's no denying it, B/C is a great feature to have, and I said as much when MS announced B/C for XBO.  Personally, I wish Sony had at least done full PS1 B/C for PS4, since I have a ton of them on PSN.  However, considering this is a sales website, most here are debating things in terms of what will push sales and what won't.  It's just a fact that in the grand scheme of things, B/C does little to push sales.  It's most effective at the beginning of a gen, not 2 years into one.  And may be a little more important this time, since digital libraries have grown exponentially.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

So you will make it very simple and remove your input that core gamers care about BC and also make it even simpler "PS3 outsold X360", can`t go simpler or shorter than that?

I will amend my post in that “not all core gamers care about BC” and “PS3 outsold 360...in the last 2 months of the gen”. That’s the best I can do :)

You do realize that the PS3 outsold the 360 every year of last gen, save two, right?  So, your earlier comment about 360 being more relevant for most of the gen doesn't hold water.  Unless you're talking about globally in the US.  There's no way around it, the 360 lost last gen.  Sure, it wasn't by much, but it still lost.  It helps that Sony practically handed them nearly half the gen.  Still couldn't pull that W card, though.

sales2099 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Ya I’m not looking forward to hearing about games that won’t be out for 3+ years and will be on every list wars debate until they release. Sometimes I wish MS would do that approach more, we usually hear about games that are 1-2 years out. 

Lol, this false narrative, again?  I know it was calculated that this gen the average wait time between MS's announcements to releases was longer than Sony's.

It seems that MS is doing it, again.  They announced Hellblade 2 in Dec '19, saying it was very early in development.  We'll see how long that takes to come out.

thismeintiel said:
d21lewis said:

In arguments downplaying BC (a feature I've always appreciated), people also said "BC didn't help the Wii U" or "PS3 did better without BC". I know the argument isn't black and white. There's other factors at play. But, again, I love backwards compatibility. As soon as I bought by Wii, I sold my GameCube. As soon as I bought my PS3, I gave away my PS2.

It sucks when people tell you that something you love is worthless. Even XBO bc. I was always excited to get new and improved games added to the list. I even repurchased about 80% of the physical games I owned digitally just to take advantage of the feature. My sig (I can't see it right now. After I post, I'll take a look) which shows my last five played games on PlayStation and Xbox platforms is probably half BC titles if not more.

When I do eventually get both consoles, I plan to take full advantage of BC on both. I just like playing whatever I want to play whenever I want to play it. The addition of modern features (game DVR, screenshots, etc) on older games just makes me smile.

There's no denying it, B/C is a great feature to have, and I said as much when MS announced B/C for XBO.  Personally, I wish Sony had at least done full PS1 B/C for PS4, since I have a ton of them on PSN.  However, considering this is a sales website, most here are debating things in terms of what will push sales and what won't.  It's just a fact that in the grand scheme of things, B/C does little to push sales.  It's most effective at the beginning of a gen, not 2 years into one.  And may be a little more important this time, since digital libraries have grown exponentially.

sales2099 said:

I will amend my post in that “not all core gamers care about BC” and “PS3 outsold 360...in the last 2 months of the gen”. That’s the best I can do :)

You do realize that the PS3 outsold the 360 every year of last gen, save two, right?  So, your earlier comment about 360 being more relevant for most of the gen doesn't hold water.  Unless you're talking about globally in the US.  There's no way around it, the 360 lost last gen.  Sure, it wasn't by much, but it still lost.  It helps that Sony practically handed them nearly half the gen.  Still couldn't pull that W card, though.

sales2099 said:

Lol, this false narrative, again?  I know it was calculated that this gen the average wait time between MS's announcements to releases was longer than Sony's.

It seems that MS is doing it, again.  They announced Hellblade 2 in Dec '19, saying it was very early in development.  We'll see how long that takes to come out.

Why yes I did realize that. That’s what happens when one sells in Japan and the other doesn’t. Still doesn’t change my opinion that Ps3 was last place until September 2013, two months before the next gen began. I’d say both sides have reasons to be happy with that gen, think that’s fair to say. 

Lol your Xbox examples don’t hold a candle to the number of games Sony announced years out that we’re on every list warz for years. Remember “Final fantasy versus 13”?, hell FF7 remake was announced what five years ago? Last Guardian rings a bell too, boy that was a long wait. GT5 released in 2010 and ever since that 2006 demo released that was on list wars for 4 years. 

That’s just off the top of my head. Xbox is no stranger to years away announcements, but Sony has been king for generations. But more importantly....why do you take this as a negative? It literally gives fans hype and inflates their list wars for years. It’s only negative for someone like me. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 01 April 2020

sales2099 said:
thismeintiel said:

Why yes I did realize that. That’s what happens when one sells in Japan and the other doesn’t. Still doesn’t change my opinion that Ps3 was last place until September 2013, two months before the next gen began. I’d say both sides have reasons to be happy with that gen, think that’s fair to say. 

Lol your Xbox examples don’t hold a candle to the number of games Sony announced years out that we’re on every list warz for years. Remember “Final fantasy versus 13”?, hell FF7 remake was announced what five years ago? Last Guardian rings a bell too, boy that was a long wait. GT5 released in 2010 and ever since that 2006 demo released that was on list wars for 4 years. 

That’s just off the top of my head. Xbox is no stranger to years away announcements, but Sony has been king for generations. But more importantly....why do you take this as a negative? It literally gives fans hype and inflates their list wars for years. It’s only negative for someone like me. 

I'm not trying to be "anti-sony". I'm more "anti-fanboy" than anything. But I remember those days. When people would list Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Online as two separate games. Or when Rockstar announced Agent and, with only a logo, it was one of the best games ever. 

Gamers get passionate sometimes. It's interesting and kinda fun but at the same time, we all kinda lose our minds when it comes to our beloved consoles.

sales2099 said:
victor83fernandes said:

For the bolded. I can’t resist when I see these mashed up list warz lol.

GoT and Last of Us 2 is a PS4 title. Unless you referring to the inevitable remaster for PS5...but it won’t be a new game. Unlike LOU Remaster for PS4 that was enjoyed by millions of ex 360 gamers LOU2 won’t have that same benefit. The remaster will be played by a majority that all ready played the PS4 game releasing in 2 months. 

FF7 is a 3rd party times exclusive PS4 title...how does this help PS5 differentiate against Series X? (It doesn’t)

The other games you listed are A. Not announced and therefore B. No release date in sight. 

Officially, Series X has Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Project Mara, and Everwild coming to the platform. Officially PS5 has 0 exclusives announced so you are in no place to talk.

I could also say Fable reboot and Forza Motorsport 8, Forza Horizon 5, the Initiative new IP, Obsidians new title...but those aren’t officially announced and therefore I wont sink to the list level you gave. 

If you are going to count every crossgen title for XSX and you also think BC is great you can count all the PS4 titles that will release this year and the next as PS5 titles.

Or shall we remove the titles you listed since they will also be X1 titles?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."