By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 58.3% Plan To Buy A PS5 VS. 38.5% For XBX, According To IGN Poll

Which Of The Two Will You Be Buying?

PS5 Only 60 59.41%

XBX Only 18 17.82%

Both 8 7.92%

Sticking With Switch 14 13.86%

Sticking With PS4/XBO 1 0.99%

Total:101
d21lewis said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that person was saying XSX will have stronger first party support than Xbone did. Which of course, it will. Also since when is FF7R first party or exclusive?

Also not related to your post but of course now that PS5 has BC its great and just totes different than last gen when Xbox had it. Just like paid online play, releasing games on PC, TFlops, etc etc. As they say, war never changes 😆

I was going to make a similar response.

-"PS3 only does everything" as soon as XBO does everything, the only thing that matters is the games.

-Xbox has the best version of games. Suddenly, when XBO was the weaker system, power wasn't important... Until XBO X. Then, it mattered again.

-Every console except PS4 had external HDD support. PS4 fans didn't want it. It ruins the sleek look of the system and cheaper HDDs would could be hacked. Sony offers the feature. Suddenly it's great. Same with finally being able to change usernames.

-Xbox has cross play with PC. Xbox fans thought it was great. Then Xbox stopped having cross play and PlayStation had it. It didn't matter. Then Xbox had cross play with Switch and PC. Suddenly it was awesome and PlayStation sucked. PS fans said it would ruin the online experience. Then PS added online crossplay with XBO.

I could go on and on. Netflix, Achievements, controller rumble, cross game chat, free online. You name it. A lot of people are loyal to a brand and it can do no wrong. It's madness!

1 - ps3 was offering bluray, that was huge, but the focus was always games

2 - xbox 360 had some games that were better on it, and ps3 some games better on it, the best visuals were accomplished on ps3 with stuff like Uncharted 2, Last of us, God of war 3, the difference was little for people to care, people care about games, xbox stopped having good exclusives way too early

3 - PS4 had support for internal HDD upgrade and that's a better feature than external drives

4 - Crossplay with PC is actually a disadvantage for xbox, it means xbox players don't stand a chance to PC because they use mouse and keyboard and better fps, a fair competitive environment everyone would use the same controller and hardware. PS cross play with xbox makes sense because controllers are similar, no clear advantages.

5 - what do you mean netflix, free online? controller rumble? Have you taken your medication today?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
victor83fernandes said:

1 - So they should pu tin the title USA poll

2 - Xbox one X has advantages but ps5 too, this time ps5 is backwards compatible with ps4, and most people would like to play their library going forward, most people have ps4 so logic tells me those people will be moving to ps5

Other disadvantage of xbox series X is no exclusives for 2 years

One more disadvantage is its coming after xbox one, a failure, the xbox one was coming after 360, a success, so there was more xbox fans back then.

One more disadvantage this time all xbox games are on PC, unlike previous generations.

This leads me to believe the series X will do worse than xbox One.

Stronger first party? What are you talking about? All xbox games will be on PC and xbox One, there are no first party exclusives at all, have you been following the news?

And do you honestly think it can compete with Horizon Zero dawn 2, spiderman 2, last of us 2, Ghost of tsushima, final fantasy 7 remake? Wake up.

Want more? i can keep this all day, xbox series X will cost more than xbox one at launch, surely more than ps5.

For the bolded. I can’t resist when I see these mashed up list warz lol.

GoT and Last of Us 2 is a PS4 title. Unless you referring to the inevitable remaster for PS5...but it won’t be a new game. Unlike LOU Remaster for PS4 that was enjoyed by millions of ex 360 gamers LOU2 won’t have that same benefit. The remaster will be played by a majority that all ready played the PS4 game releasing in 2 months. 

FF7 is a 3rd party times exclusive PS4 title...how does this help PS5 differentiate against Series X? (It doesn’t)

The other games you listed are A. Not announced and therefore B. No release date in sight. 

Officially, Series X has Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Project Mara, and Everwild coming to the platform. Officially PS5 has 0 exclusives announced so you are in no place to talk.

I could also say Fable reboot and Forza Motorsport 8, Forza Horizon 5, the Initiative new IP, Obsidians new title...but those aren’t officially announced and therefore I wont sink to the list level you gave. 

Why do I have to deal with people who can't think?

1 - PS5 is backwards compatible, that means games that come out on ps4 just a few months before ps5 launches, will count as launch ps5 games. Many people will skip this games on ps4 and get them on launch with ps5, those ps4 games will be upgraded on ps5 (and on ps4 pro too)

2 - FF7 being third party or first party doesn't make a difference, its exclusive for ps4/ps5 until a year from now, that means its a launch ps5 exclusive, available for the holidays on ps5 and not xbox. A huge reason for people to pick up the ps5 if they like final fantasy. 

3 - From those series X, most people do not even know those games, no one can tell if they are any good, and most games will likely not be on launch day. Halo has lost a lot of fans, inclusive me, I absolutely love the first 3, but after that the series got boring, I didn't even finish 4 or 5.

Not one of those games can stand against Horizon, god of war or spiderman.

4 - PS5 has 0 exclusives? What a joke wake up, sony hasn't even presented the console, they are in no rush, ALL SERIES X GAMES ARE ON PC AND XBOX ONE, no exclusives whatsoever. So sony wins exclusives automatically without even trying.

5 - Fable? No one has cared for fable for over 10 years now.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you are going to count every crossgen title for XSX and you also think BC is great you can count all the PS4 titles that will release this year and the next as PS5 titles.

Or shall we remove the titles you listed since they will also be X1 titles?

You know the difference between cross gen and remasters. The main difference I am trying to convey is that cross gen is new. A remaster is a game that all ready released some time back. The hype and new feeling is gone and that’s everything on big exclusive titles in this industry. Being on X1 makes no difference to me, it’s not on PS5. 

I will accept PS4 remasters to be added to lists. But like I said they are old games with a fresh coat of paint....that’s supposed to make people bragging about their new console? Halo Infinite for example will have far more hype then a 2021 remaster of LOU2 because all that hype will be originally June 2020. 

Hahaha Halo infinite more hype than last of us 2 hahaha this guy has probably been living in Mars and just came back to planet Earth.

Just like Halo 4 has as much hype today as Last of us 1?

Ah, so the Xbox mindshare has risen. The effects of Sony losing the power edge makes a significant impact.

victor83fernandes said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that person was saying XSX will have stronger first party support than Xbone did. Which of course, it will. Also since when is FF7R first party or exclusive?

Also not related to your post but of course now that PS5 has BC its great and just totes different than last gen when Xbox had it. Just like paid online play, releasing games on PC, TFlops, etc etc. As they say, war never changes 😆

- xbox one had great first party support at launch, just like xbox 360, the problem is microsoft doesn't keep up and abandons the console after a couple years, people know this. Look at Sony still supporting their console late in the generation just like they did with ps3, people also know this

- FF7 remake is console exclusive on ps4/ps5 for a year, as in, available on ps5 at launch day, but not on xbox

Xbox One had decent support at launch and it’s still getting supported. Sure Sony is still supporting PS4 but you say that as if MS has abandoned the Xbone? It just got Bleeding Edge and before that, Ori. Apparently Gears Tactics is a great game and comes later this year. Plus Halo. And Flight Sim. And others.

FF7R isn’t first party or exclusive so it was puzzling why you included it.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
victor83fernandes said:

- xbox one had great first party support at launch, just like xbox 360, the problem is microsoft doesn't keep up and abandons the console after a couple years, people know this. Look at Sony still supporting their console late in the generation just like they did with ps3, people also know this

- FF7 remake is console exclusive on ps4/ps5 for a year, as in, available on ps5 at launch day, but not on xbox

FF7R isn’t first party or exclusive so it was puzzling why you included it.

It has atleast year+ time of being exclusive though.

thismeintiel said:
sales2099 said:

It’s a negative for me because I have to deal with smug fans making lists full of games that won’t be released for years. “My list is bigger then yours” stuff that one tends to see on gaming sites. It’s positive for fans who can do that. Sure it’s eye rolling and cheap to list extremely early announced titles as list fodder but if that were MS you damn right I’d do the same thing ;)

See the difference is that Xbox fans didn’t push those games you listed every 2 days. Which Xbox fan is gonna push Crackdown 3 on a list knowing how poor 2 was received? That’s my intangible difference...it’s the pushing of said games.

How many Xbox fans you see bragging about Ashen or Battletoads compared to PS fans listing Spiderman 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, God of War 2...games that aren’t even announced yet I see them on lists. That’s my point

It didn't stop Xbox fans from pushing those games on this very site with their lists, including Crackdown 3.  And Battletoads was hyped when it was first announced, though it kinda died down once the gameplay footage was shown.  Still, the fact remains, MS does the exact same thing.  I guess if you want to have bigger, and more, exclusives, you'll have to just switch to PS5.

You...didn’t address my point. It’s not the company’s doing it it’s the fans pushing it. And Sony is still king of the 4+ year away exclusive announcements.

Case in point. For the last sentence...then why you listing games that don’t officially exist yet? Maybe wait for Sony to announce games before you put them on lists.

Officially PS5 has 0 exclusives announced where as Series X has 4. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

victor83fernandes said:
sales2099 said:

You know the difference between cross gen and remasters. The main difference I am trying to convey is that cross gen is new. A remaster is a game that all ready released some time back. The hype and new feeling is gone and that’s everything on big exclusive titles in this industry. Being on X1 makes no difference to me, it’s not on PS5. 

I will accept PS4 remasters to be added to lists. But like I said they are old games with a fresh coat of paint....that’s supposed to make people bragging about their new console? Halo Infinite for example will have far more hype then a 2021 remaster of LOU2 because all that hype will be originally June 2020. 

Hahaha Halo infinite more hype than last of us 2 hahaha this guy has probably been living in Mars and just came back to planet Earth.

Just like Halo 4 has as much hype today as Last of us 1?

More hype then the remaster of LOU2. Which I would assume would be sometime in 2021. Because the remaster would have lost the new game hype. Where did I say the June 2020 game? Try reading before you laugh for the wrong reason ;)

Then again, a game releasing in May compared to a fall IP launching alongside a new console generation combined with a substantial marketing push that we both know Sony won’t do for LOU2, it could be either way. Combined with PC players, guess we will see. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 02 April 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
vivster said:
How is that even possible with Xbox's amazing marketing and Sony's total screwup?

One would wonder after all those threads of Sony fucking up

To entrenched fanboys Sony is considered screwing up, cause thats what those fanboys want to believe. But what they believe is not reality.

People equate screwing up to:

$499

Kinect

Always Online

24 Hour Check-in

No Used Games

No Game Sharing

None of which Sony have come close to since PS5 have been announced. Folks are concerned about Sony's marketing as if the marketing is what is going to be hooked up to their TVs running the games.

I say go ahead and give MS the coveted marketing and TF points haha, lets see if it gets them anywhere else other than where it has already brought them, that being least sold console 3 gens in a row. 

End of the day Sony is no where near "screwing up", MS have always have the most powerful console since 3 years ago, however they still get stomped by weaker consoles (PS4 and NS) time and time again. 

And this is not how i feel either, its straight history and facts.

Last edited by loy310 - on 02 April 2020

sales2099 said:
thismeintiel said:

It didn't stop Xbox fans from pushing those games on this very site with their lists, including Crackdown 3.  And Battletoads was hyped when it was first announced, though it kinda died down once the gameplay footage was shown.  Still, the fact remains, MS does the exact same thing.  I guess if you want to have bigger, and more, exclusives, you'll have to just switch to PS5.

You...didn’t address my point. It’s not the company’s doing it it’s the fans pushing it. And Sony is still king of the 4+ year away exclusive announcements.

Case in point. For the last sentence...then why you listing games that don’t officially exist yet? Maybe wait for Sony to announce games before you put them on lists.

Officially PS5 has 0 exclusives announced where as Series X has 4. 

You singing the non-sense of the  0 exclusives announced is just a sign that you'll leave the site when you can't use this type of silly argument.

Don't forget XSX actually haven't had a single exclusive announced, all the games you listed will launch on X1 and PC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."