By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are you OK with games becoming more Politically Correct?

Tagged games:

Is PC ruining gaming?

Yes 19 31.67%

No, you're just being silly! Ah 41 68.33%

Total:60
Snoorlax said:
sundin13 said:

Are you trying to tell me that no democrat has ever played a video game?

Or that you can't be both creative and a democrat?

There is a loud minority that has definitely played a couple of games but whether they appreciate these games for what they are, artistically, or hate it for what is isn't is the real question.

In most PC- cases they hate the game for what it isn't and want everybody else to change the game to align it more to their PC believes or else everybody else is a racist homophobe, MK 11 is a clear example of that and that's my problem with Western entertainment these days.

and to answer your last question no they're not creative, they just change what's already there to their own political believes and forces everybody else to like it.

It never ceases to amaze me just how triggered some people get by leftists having opinions.

Have you ever stopped and thought for a moment "Maybe I am the loud minority"?

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Snoorlax said:

There is a loud minority that has definitely played a couple of games but whether they appreciate these games for what they are, artistically, or hate it for what is isn't is the real question.

In most PC- cases they hate the game for what it isn't and want everybody else to change the game to align it more to their PC believes or else everybody else is a racist homophobe, MK 11 is a clear example of that and that's my problem with Western entertainment these days.

and to answer your last question no they're not creative, they just change what's already there to their own political believes and forces everybody else to like it.

It never ceases to amaze me just how triggered some people get by leftists having opinions.

No, everybody is allowed to have an opinion and i'm okay with that! BUT if you don't like scantally clad women in an established videogame franchise like MK well then maybe play something else? Why try to pressure and change the game for what it's known for? Because it's succesful and popular it needs to cater to those who generally don't like it as well?

That's my problem and it's really happening with Movies, comics and yes even videogames stop lying to yourself. 

sundin13 said:
Snoorlax said:

It never ceases to amaze me just how triggered some people get by leftists simply having opinions.

What you said applies to both sides of the spectrum.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Snoorlax said:
sundin13 said:

No, everybody is allowed to have an opinion and i'm okay with that! BUT if you don't like scantally clad women in an established videogame franchise like MK well then maybe play something else? Why try to pressure and change the game for what it's known for? Because it's succesful and popular it needs to cater to those who generally don't like it as well?

That's my problem and it's really happening with Movies, comics and yes even videogames stop lying to yourself. 

Maybe they decided that they would play something else and market forces dictated that the games had to change in order to reach a larger audience? That's the free market, dog. You certainly seem to be adopting a very left wing perspective here if you are against the free market.

surprisedpikachu.jpg

sundin13 said:
Snoorlax said:

Maybe they decided that they would play something else and market forces dictated that the games had to change in order to reach a larger audience? That's the free market, dog. You certainly seem to be adopting a very left wing perspective here if you are against the free market.

surprisedpikachu.jpg

Actually, i'm in for a fair market. But either way i don't see any PC actually buying and streaming these games online because they really don't give a damn about it look at how terrible the Star Wars movies have performed over the years? Did the forced changes by the free market work? Didn't think so.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:

surprisedpikachu.jpg

Agreed. Snoorlax is a communist.

China doesn't care for the new Star Wars movies which was a huge slap to the face for Disney. I guess those commies aren't so bad after all ! 

Snoorlax said:
Zkuq said:

If you don't have anything relevant to say, maybe don't say anything?

Yes, it's troubling, but so far, it hasn't been much of an issue. It's as simple as that. To elaborate just a bit, I think things are pretty good right now, with potential to get worse.

So, you replied just to explain that you know it's a problem, but you don't care for it, but you actually do care, but really you don't.

OK.

I'm not sure which part of my stance you find convoluted because there's literally two parts to it: It's OK at the moment, and it could get worse. There's essentially one statement about the current situation and another one about the future with no speculation or anything whatsoever. I'll be more vocal if it becomes a problem but for now, it doesn't seem worth the effort to me.

Snoorlax said:
sundin13 said:

surprisedpikachu.jpg

Actually, i'm in for a fair market. But either way i don't see any PC actually buying and streaming these games online because they really don't give a damn about it look at how terrible the Star Wars movies have performed over the years? Did the forced changes by the free market work? Didn't think so.

MK11 was the fifth best selling game of 2019. Fire Emblem Three Houses is the best selling game in the franchise. RE5 was the best selling game in the series when it released.  I'd say that their appeals to the free market are doing just fine.

But don't worry comrade. If you ever want to seize the means of production to distribute games to the proletariat, hit me up.

Some people complain about any censorship by default, regardless of how minor or meaningless the alterations are.

The entitled outcry culture is a plague and among the worst things the internet brought us.

Last edited by Hynad - on 30 March 2020

Snoorlax said:
sundin13 said:

That is basically my issue with things. Go and create as many new IPs as you like, there are several heavily politicized themes and IPs I like (even some that are opposite of what I think), but there is no need to hijack what already exist and shoehorn those changes to please people that don't even buy the product.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."