By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini has just launched

Nautilus said:
Bravely Default 2(Actually 3) looks GORGEOUS!Downloading the demo right now.

Xenoblade looks amazing too!A masterful game, for those who didnt play it.

Solid direct to be honest. a 7.5 for me

Having said that, there was 0 new games there.ZERO.Nintendo is really holding things back.Where the hell is SMT V and Bayonetta 3?

*Bravely Default 2 breathes intensely*
Bravely Default 2 has never been released before. Ergo, it is a new game.

Around the Network

Well, this came out of nowhere.

What they had to show was decent enough, but it could have been better, even for a Mini Direct.
Xenoblade Definitive Edition looks fantastic. That one is definitely on my "Must Buy" list for later.
Other than that: Meh.

Jranation said:
The rumour was true...... sort of

Including the pre direct confirmations, like all the rumors were true. Xcom, catherine, bioshock, saints row, metro. Only ones that havnt really come to fruition are biomutant, darksiders 3, rage 2... the ones ive wanted the most. That being said, bravely 2 and borderlands are my 2 high points from the direct. Borderlands seems like such a good fit with nintendo art style wise. Just need it all on the cart(s).

Bandorr said:
Catherine full body is unexpected.
Bravely default 2 (one hell of a bad name) looks fun.
Arms in smash is.. at least not another fire emblem character.

Bravely default 2 the tennis game for the covid 19 era.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

NightlyPoe said:
Honestly, I would have been totally understanding if they'd just started the video off by saying that their schedule is completely compromised by world events and to tide us over, here are some ports of some combination of Super Mario World 3D, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. And finished it with, "We apologize, and hope to be able to bring you news on future releases soon."

But now with the Direct come and gone, the 2nd half of the year now feels like it's going to be even more barren than the first half, and we've got to wait another couple months of hoping that they'll even try to plug the holes.

God I would've fucking hated that, if they'd just dumped a bunch of recycled old ports on us.

I prefer what we got, meager though it was. As a "Mini" I got the impression it was meant just to announce the next couple of months and tide us over til a proper Direct around E3 time. At least I hope so.

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
curl-6 said:

God I would've fucking hated that, if they'd just dumped a bunch of recycled old ports on us.

I prefer what we got, meager though it was. As a "Mini" I got the impression it was meant just to announce the next couple of months and tide us over til a proper Direct around E3 time. At least I hope so.

I've never been much for the whole "Wait 'til E3."  Almost always it's just a disappointment.  And Nintendo's pretty much conceded that they won't have much for the summer.  We're just praying for a miracle Fall now... and it's probably not going to happen.

A few ports are certainly be better than nothing if their development schedule has been trashed.  I'd definitely prefer it and wouldn't care if others complained.

The first half of this year is pretty much a write-off, yeah. But it's basically the norm for Nintendo to have a weak first half of the year. It's still not impossible they have significant games for the second half that they're just hesitant to confirm now because they're not sure if the pandemic will let them get them out on time.

I know it's frustrating, I too am looking at a year in which there's almost nothing announced I'd consider worth buying, but it's unlikely they've shown their entire 2020 lineup just yet.

In 2017 we didn't find out about Mario + Rabbids or Doom until E3 and later. Last year Witcher 3, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, and Spyro Reignited Trilogy were announced at E3 for a second-half release.

I agree things look dreary at the moment, but I don't think all hope is lost just yet.

That was a good lil direct, wasn't anything major but at the same time it didn't really need to be since it just filled out the remaining few months until E3 basically.

I also think the Switch continues to prove how much better Nintendo is doing with working with third parties now compared to before. So many franchises continue to come over that have never been on Nintendo platforms before, from publishers who hardly if ever supported them until now too. Now we can add Bioshock, Borderlands, and XCOM to that list. Sure, they're older games, but it's still pretty significant since it's a start at least. 

Those certainly are games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think it is interesting that people are disappointed, because no new 1st-party games were announced (although technically Good Job and Club House Games are first party). But the Switch got a lot of new 3rd-party content. Which is bread and butter of the competition.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
I think it is interesting that people are disappointed, because no new 1st-party games were announced (although technically Good Job and Club House Games are first party). But the Switch got a lot of new 3rd-party content. Which is bread and butter of the competition.

Compare those third party games to the third party games said competition is getting. Yeah, not even close qualitatively.