Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

I like Donald Trump way more than that China loving son of a bitch Joe Biden. Seriously, after all the shit China has put everyone through (not just talking about corona virus) why do we even mess with them. 

Edit: Just to make it clear, I hate the Chinese government and not the people (for most part). 

Last edited by Snoopy - on 10 June 2020

Around the Network

Due to voter turnout in urban areas probably being lower than normal (which will hurt democrats a lot) I think the polls aren't really reflective of who will actually vote come election day. Some states have implemented widespread absentee ballots but those aren't swing states for the most part so even if there isn't a drop off in those states it won't impact the electoral college much if at all. Not to mention just because there is absentee voting options doesn't mean people will be aware of it or use it even if they are. Biden being grounded in the basement during covid 19 hasn't helped energize his base either. Democrats win by energy and die by apathy, whereas Republicans are more stable and consistent with voting. Low voter turnout favors Republicans generally (Clinton 2016 vs. Obama 2008/2012 is a joke).

All comes down to the rust belt states, Arizona, North Carolina, and Florida.



Dulfite said:
Due to voter turnout in urban areas probably being lower than normal (which will hurt democrats a lot) I think the polls aren't really reflective of who will actually vote come election day. Some states have implemented widespread absentee ballots but those aren't swing states for the most part so even if there isn't a drop off in those states it won't impact the electoral college much if at all. Not to mention just because there is absentee voting options doesn't mean people will be aware of it or use it even if they are. Biden being grounded in the basement during covid 19 hasn't helped energize his base either. Democrats win by energy and die by apathy, whereas Republicans are more stable and consistent with voting. Low voter turnout favors Republicans generally (Clinton 2016 vs. Obama 2008/2012 is a joke).

All comes down to the rust belt states, Arizona, North Carolina, and Florida.

Older people tend to vote Republican and they are the ones who vote the most.



Snoopy said:
Dulfite said:
Due to voter turnout in urban areas probably being lower than normal (which will hurt democrats a lot) I think the polls aren't really reflective of who will actually vote come election day. Some states have implemented widespread absentee ballots but those aren't swing states for the most part so even if there isn't a drop off in those states it won't impact the electoral college much if at all. Not to mention just because there is absentee voting options doesn't mean people will be aware of it or use it even if they are. Biden being grounded in the basement during covid 19 hasn't helped energize his base either. Democrats win by energy and die by apathy, whereas Republicans are more stable and consistent with voting. Low voter turnout favors Republicans generally (Clinton 2016 vs. Obama 2008/2012 is a joke).

All comes down to the rust belt states, Arizona, North Carolina, and Florida.

Older people tend to vote Republican and they are the ones who vote the most.

I think the oldest groups have Biden leading right now in polls?

Last edited by Dulfite - on 10 June 2020

I don't mind Trump too much, but I don't want him to win again. He really brings out the worst in people.



Around the Network

Even if Biden wins. It‘s worthless, unless the Dems win the Senate.
The Republicans will block everything in Senate.



Snoopy said:

I like Donald Trump way more than that China loving son of a bitch Joe Biden. Seriously, after all the shit China has put everyone through (not just talking about corona virus) why do we even mess with them. 

Edit: Just to make it clear, I hate the Chinese government and not the people (for most part). 

You sure you haven't inverted the names there? Just look how often Trump praised China and it's leader Xi Jinping:

Over Coronavirus: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/trump-china-praise-coronavirus-timeline/index.html

Praising China and opening the door for them to intervene in Hong Kong's Protests: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-15/trump-praises-chinese-leader-not-hong-kong-protesters

Praising Xi Jinping while in the midst of a trade war with him: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/trump-praises-chinese-leader-amid-escalating-trade-war/1565379

Congratulating for the PRC's 70th Birthday: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/01/republicans-trump-china-anniversary-015290

Saying Xi had helped the US more than any other Chinese President (which would naturally include any pre-PRC presidents): https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-xi-jinping-helped-the-us-more-than-any-predecessors-2018-4?IR=T

Trump praises China, says trades very fairly with the US, and blames the US for it's trade deficit: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/09/donald-trump-china-act-faster-north-korea-threat

These are just a few I found with less than 2 minutes of googling. So, let's see what to find on Biden's behalf:

Checking upon Biden, I could see that he's one of the 90 Senators who signed the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 to keep unofficial ties to the Taiwanese Government after the official ones ended. This was meant to keep China in check. But what taints his vest is that he opened commercial relations with China around the turn of millennium. But that wasn't meant as a gift to China and more like a honey trap. Or, in his own words, "The more they [meaning China] have to lose, the more they are likely to begin to accommodate international norms". So in other words, he was betting on the idea that richer Chinese people wouldn't want an exploitative government anymore and it would force China to follow international rules in terms of trade. As we know today, that didn't quite work out as intended to say the least.

The other thing that I could find was his support for the one china policy. But this wasn't in support of the PRC, but to avoid Taiwan declaring independence and risking getting drawn into a potentially very devastating war with China.

I do agree if anybody says that those were very misguided things he did. But at no point did he ever praise China - at least I couldn't find any within 15 minutes of googling.

So, who's really a china-loving son of a bitch here?

Snoopy said:

Older people tend to vote Republican and they are the ones who vote the most.

That's true. But they are also by far the most affected by the coronavirus, so their numbers could be diminished by the outbreak - potentially even by a lot if this health crisis goes on.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 10 June 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Snoopy said:

I like Donald Trump way more than that China loving son of a bitch Joe Biden. Seriously, after all the shit China has put everyone through (not just talking about corona virus) why do we even mess with them. 

Edit: Just to make it clear, I hate the Chinese government and not the people (for most part). 

You sure you haven't inverted the names there? Just look how often Trump praised China and it's leader Xi Jinping:

Over Coronavirus: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/trump-china-praise-coronavirus-timeline/index.html

Praising China and opening the door for them to intervene in Hong Kong's Protests: https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-15/trump-praises-chinese-leader-not-hong-kong-protesters

Praising Xi Jinping while in the midst of a trade war with him: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/trump-praises-chinese-leader-amid-escalating-trade-war/1565379

Congratulating for the PRC's 70th Birthday: https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/01/republicans-trump-china-anniversary-015290

Saying Xi had helped the US more than any other Chinese President (which would naturally include any pre-PRC presidents): https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-xi-jinping-helped-the-us-more-than-any-predecessors-2018-4?IR=T

Trump praises China, says trades very fairly with the US, and blames the US for it's trade deficit: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/09/donald-trump-china-act-faster-north-korea-threat

These are just a few I found with less than 2 minutes of googling. So, let's see what to find on Biden's behalf:

Checking upon Biden, I could see that he's one of the 90 Senators who signed the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979 to keep unofficial ties to the Taiwanese Government after the official ones ended. This was meant to keep China in check. But what taints his vest is that he opened commercial relations with China around the turn of millennium. But that wasn't meant as a gift to China and more like a honey trap. Or, in his own words, "The more they [meaning China] have to lose, the more they are likely to begin to accommodate international norms". So in other words, he was betting on the idea that richer Chinese people wouldn't want an exploitative government anymore and it would force China to follow international rules in terms of trade. As we know today, that didn't quite work out as intended to say the least.

The other thing that I could find was his support for the one china policy. But this wasn't in support of the PRC, but to avoid Taiwan declaring independence and risking getting drawn into a potentially very devastating war with China.

I do agree if anybody says that those were very misguided things he did. But at no point did he ever praise China - at least I couldn't find any within 15 minutes of googling.

So, who's really a china-loving son of a bitch here?

Snoopy said:

Older people tend to vote Republican and they are the ones who vote the most.

That's true. But they are also by far the most affected by the coronavirus, so their numbers could be diminished by the outbreak - potentially even by a lot if this health crisis goes on.

Nope, Joe Biden actually sold out to China, whereas Trump is trying to make deals that benefit us more. He has the right to blame USA for creating a deficit with China and making them what they are due to our shitty past Presidents/politicians. Also, the areas that are going to be affected the most are cities/urban by the corona virus not the rural areas. This will lead to more Republican voters which will help Donald to secure a victory. Most of the old people that died were probably in a city such as New York so there was a good chance they were Democrats or in an area that was a lost cause for Republicans.

In short, the Corona virus will probably prevent people in cities that usually support Democrats from voting with the combination of Joe Biden just not being appealing or entertaining.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 10 June 2020

Bofferbrauer2 said:

@SpokenTruth : The Nominee of the Libertarian Party is already known, Jo Jorgensen won the primaries against her 6 male opponents to become the first female nominee for the Libertarian Party, with Jeremy "Spike" Cohen as her running mate.

http://ballot-access.org/2020/05/23/jo-jorgensen-wins-libertarian-presidential-nomination-on-fourth-vote/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Libertarian_Party_presidential_primaries

Thanks for the update.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Is it just me or is anybody else annoyed with how Biden is going about selecting his VP? He is setting these parameters that have nothing to do with the job. First he said he was going to only select a female, now rumors are that race is also a factor with everything going on. So basically he is being prejudicial based on gender and race.

Now, I certainly have nothing against a female black VP choice. In fact, I find it kind of exciting honestly. However, it is a big gig especially with how old Biden is. I would hate to end up with somebody less qualified because he limited the search for superficial reasons.

My guess is it ends up being Harris. Which is fine. However, there are more exciting prospects out there I think. I would have liked to see Corey Booker as VP... but oh wells...