By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

At this point, whatever the US does is definitely just for show.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
I'll just leave this here:

Never trust polls, especially when it's still this far off the election. Most polls pointed to Trump defeat in 2016, and look what happened. Same thing happened in Brazil, and I bet the same thing happens in most countries.Hell, if you look at other US elections, you will probably see the same pattern.

It has nothing to do if Trump is winning on them or if he is losing. Polls are historically unaccurate, especially in these past 5 or 6 years.

Actually, polls had Hillary's lead dwindling to around the 3 point range at the tail end of the 2016 election, well within the margin of error, in which she still won the popular vote. In the 2020 polls, Trump is getting DESTROYED, including all the swing states, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

He's also a historically unpopular President with the worst approval rating of any president running for reelection since Gerald Ford. And his COVID response (or lack thereof) has depleted his already minuscule numbers. This idiot has skyrocketed the deficit, wished well a known sex trafficker, gotten hundreds of thousands killed and is actively trying to get 23 million people kicked off their health insurance in the middle of said pandemic among so many other things, it's easy to see why he's not well-liked.

That's why Donnie Dumb Dumb is desperately trying to delay the vote: he knows he's in deep shit.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 03 August 2020

KManX89 said:
Nautilus said:

Never trust polls, especially when it's still this far off the election. Most polls pointed to Trump defeat in 2016, and look what happened. Same thing happened in Brazil, and I bet the same thing happens in most countries.Hell, if you look at other US elections, you will probably see the same pattern.

It has nothing to do if Trump is winning on them or if he is losing. Polls are historically unaccurate, especially in these past 5 or 6 years.

Actually, polls had Hillary's lead dwindling to around the 3 point range at the tail end of the 2016 election, well within the margin of error, in which she still won the popular vote. In the 2020 polls, Trump is getting DESTROYED, including all the swing states, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

He's also a historically unpopular President with the worst approval rating of any president running for reelection since Gerald Ford. And his COVID response (or lack thereof) has depleted his already minuscule numbers. This idiot has skyrocketed the deficit, wished well a known sex trafficker, gotten hundreds of thousands killed and is actively trying to get 23 million people kicked off their health insurance in the middle of said pandemic among so many other things, it's easy to see why he's not well-liked.

That's why Donnie Dumb Dumb is desperately trying to delay the vote: he knows he's in deep shit.

So... every Republican President ever? (the modern ones, not Northern Republicans). 

Have you seen the AXIOS interview with Donald Trump? Really a sight to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywa1fqPVp9o

Trump really showed his complete ineptitude to everybody here.

Trump reversing his stance on mail in pretty much proves that he knows he is in big trouble and has no choice but to changing his stance on things that he has greatly unpopular views in.

Around the Network

Lo and behold that Kanye West's run for the presidency as an anti-vaccine "independent" candidate is being orchestrated and driven by Republican operatives, including some with ties to the Trump Administration!

I told you there's no such thing as a candidate who is independent of the two-party system in this country. None at least who are capable of obtaining ballot access. The established Republican and Democratic parties control all candidates in every race. If you've wondered why West seems to have so few opinions on the issues, fewer coherent ones, and fewer still objections to the current president (begging the question of why he's running in the first place if he's fine with the status quo), the reason is because it's not his campaign. Kanye's is a Republican Party campaign for Donald Trump's re-election, and I mean that in the very most direct and literal sense. Republican operatives, some with ties to the White House, are literally running his campaign for him. To that end, he can't afford to stand for anything, as criticizing President Trump would tend to undermine the West campaign's actual mission of getting him re-elected. Expect Mr. West thus to persist in his lack of objections to the current regime and equal lack of clarity as to why the hell he's even running.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Have you seen the AXIOS interview with Donald Trump? Really a sight to be believed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywa1fqPVp9o

Trump really showed his complete ineptitude to everybody here.

I saw highlights of that interview. He is a feeble and confused old man who not only has strong opinions on stuff he doesn’t even begin to understand. He struggles to articulate simple points.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nautilus said:

A couple of things. Most polls pointed to Hillary beating Trump in the popular vote. She did, but she lost the Electoral College. 2016 taught a lot of pollsters how to avoid House Bias or House Advantage. House Bias happens when a pollster only polls their main viewership or readership. For example let's say AARP decides to do a poll. They then call AARP members, and nobody else. Well their poll is going to be skewed in favor of Trump since they only polled people 55 and up. 

And finally, Biden is way further ahead in the polls than Hillary ever was. 

Great VP pick. I love Kamala.

I was actually on break today and caught the running mate announcement as the news broke on the break room TV. I'll be straightforward with everyone here: the fact that Biden committed earlier to choosing a female running mate has been, for me, a significant mitigating factor to the sexual assault claim against him. It helps me tolerate the knowledge of that. And of course after the summer of protests, we knew it had to be a black woman specifically who would get the nod, and I knew that Kamala Harris was right at the top of the list of prospects because of the particular type of governing experience that she's had. These things said though, when I actually saw the news break, I quickly found myself feeling more excited than I thought I would. Honestly I think part of that is just the fact that she was clearly the most hated of the prospective candidates by the conservatives, so I found it satisfying that Biden didn't let that fact stop him from choosing the most qualified candidate. The other part of it is feeling like this time this will actually happen probably.