Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's talk about Specs

You like Specs?

I love Specs! 16 40.00%

I kinda like Specs. 13 32.50%

Specs are for nerds! 2 5.00%

I don't care either way, ... 9 22.50%

Total:40
vivster said:
I need those specs so I can feel better for being part of the #masterrace. Can't wait to buy my new GPU for 1400€ which is gonna be 50% stronger than consoles and will last 3 years tops.

But what about $700 GPU that bumps your PC up to 30% stronger than consoles and lasts two years before being crushed on price to power by a new series of cards? 

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I expect specs won’t matter as much now as they did in 2013 since PS5’s aren’t as impressive.

Or they'll matter to others now that Xbox's are more impressive. 

@trunkswd 

They are going to be mighty impressive, believe me.

CGI-Quality said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I expect specs won’t matter as much now as they did in 2013 since PS5’s aren’t as impressive.

@trunkswd 

Such a tease. Wanna DM me a sneak peak?

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Dunno what kinda cards you guys buying for pc for 700 and 1400 dollars that lasts 3 years.

The consoles are fine, pc is fine. Stay safe and enjoy with friends, family.

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

@trunkswd 

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236763&page=1#

Take a look in there for a good idea. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236763&page=1#

Take a look in there for a good idea. 

Oh I've seen this. My girlfriend has a good enough PC to run RDR2 on max settings and playing it on a 4K TV really shows the huge improvements over PS4 Slim and Xbox One S.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

green_sky said:
Dunno what kinda cards you guys buying for pc for 700 and 1400 dollars that lasts 3 years.

I'm still going strong with my 1080ti, and I didn't have to shell out £700 for it. 

It'll keep me going till the 3000 series NV cards arrive, then I'll be upgrading to the upcoming Ryzen (or next yrs one) and change up the RAM, and I'll be good for the next gen coasting. 

Chazore said:
green_sky said:

I'm still going strong with my 1080ti, and I didn't have to shell out £700 for it. 

It'll keep me going till the 3000 series NV cards arrive, then I'll be upgrading to the upcoming Ryzen (or next yrs one) and change up the RAM, and I'll be good for the next gen coasting. 

Yep. I got Ryzen and now am good till year 2077.

Also i have ssd. Which today i found is very cool kind of hard drive. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 18 March 2020

Okay, let's talk specs.

I was wondering at first why Mark Cerny said that 825 GB are the "most natural size" for a 12-channel interface, although 825 does not divide very well by 12.

But gigabyte and terabyte are based on the decimal system (1 terabyte = 10^12 bytes = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes) and not on the binary system like RAM (1 tebibyte = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes).

And 825 gigabytes = 768 gibibytes (or to be exact 768 gibibytes are 824.633720832 gigabytes, rounded up to 825 GB).

768 Gibibyte divided by 12 lines = exactly 64 gibibyte per channel.

Assuming my cheap calculations. If the PS5 GPU would had 42 CU or clocked at 2,670mhz, it could have achieved 12TFlops similar to Xbox series X. If the PS5 GPU were to have 52 CU as Xbox series X then it would have 14.82 Tflops. By contrast if XBox series X GPU were to be clocked similar to the PS5 GPU 2.23Ghz (2,283.5 Mhz ), then it would had 14.44 Tflops. What do you thinks guys?

The announced specs only makes sense if they are targeting a $400 price range. Perfectly for 4K gaming at 60fps, but not more than that. Also I'm sad they didn't talk about BC features for ps3/ps2/ps1.

Could the ps5 gpu be having several disabled CU and holding them until release? Is not unprecedented or unheard of.
In addition Cerny talked about using a GPU CU as a processing unit for audio. So...either games will use 35 CU or the PS5 GPU has more than 36 CU to be used.